IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I'd love to find an Arex.

Yes, John Anderson's other title on the Atari. The cover has a little bit of a lumpy-cheese look to it, but the paper insert underneath is unaffected. Everything else is in good shape too. It was a nice find. It looks like it was left in the sun, as the top is yellowed a bit.

Theoretically I could put the insert into the case from a less-rare title.

MrFish, what are you going to do with the dups? (I'm looking for a reasonably priced Chicken - and some other stuff)

I'll probably end up selling them off. I'm just waiting until I have a fair amount of dups, so I can get rid of them at the same time. I already have some other stuff that's waiting too...

Not true!!! He said he used it last:

"Everything is in great shape and worked when I last used it on my Atari XL"

:thumbsup:

Looks like the guy that bought all my ICD stuff is a... RESELLER!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1108441929081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110844192908&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$(KGrHqV,!oUE9dBFG1(7BPZULTFrvg~~60_12.JPG

He also said "The cartridge is in 9/10 condition and looks to have always been stored in the styrofoam when not in use. The manual and slipcover are also in great shape and show little signs of wear. Overall I would rate this 8/10 or better. Everything is in great shape and worked when I last used it on my Atari XL."

If it is his, why isn't he sure whether it was always stored in styrofoam or not.

I have come up with a theory, basically all the high dollar multi-item auctions are not bought by A8 people, but instead are bought by people who plan on flipping the parts individually to make a buck... they figure they can sell each at a higher price... but then this creates a problem, as the go from flipper to flipper the price gets higher, and eventually too high. And we have a bunch of items sitting around not getting sold...

Just a theory...

sloopy.

• Like 1

I have come up with a theory, basically all the high dollar multi-item auctions are not bought by A8 people, but instead are bought by people who plan on flipping the parts individually to make a buck... they figure they can sell each at a higher price... but then this creates a problem, as the go from flipper to flipper the price gets higher, and eventually too high. And we have a bunch of items sitting around not getting sold...

Just a theory...

sloopy.

Here's my take. There are two groups; collectors and flippers, but they aren't mutually exclusive. There are a few "collectors" that are posting carts at prices astronomically high with "make an offer" option. These same "collectors" also spend a lot of time buying large lots and going to flee markets, etc to get more carts to "flip". The issue is that it’s driving worth down in my opinion.

And they do this all anonymously under different eBay accounts. I know one guy that does this under 2-3 accounts.

Then there are collectors like me that have duplicates and want to use them for trades, etc but that doesn’t always turn out so we put them out on eBay. I sell under ‘colbycat5’. Sometimes I price them high, etc based on what I think they have been going for. I think we are in another high cycle as the early 2000’s. I’ve been putting out my “wants” list and my “duplicates” list in hopes of trades. But if that doesn’t pan out then I try to “get them back out in the population”. I'm trying to get groups of 4 or the mfg out for good prices. I clean and test all the carts I have. I'm so tired of reading, "I'm selling this but have no way to test", yet the picture has a screen shot or something. And these are collectors!

Edited by chrislynn5

I just had to buy a DIN to RCA monitor cable for the 800. My kid was playing games on it earlier today. Then my wife felt it necessary to "clean up" "that old stuff" in the living room and can't remember what she did with the video cable. After five hours of searching no cable. (Hint: She has been known to throw the kitchen flatware into the garbage without thinking. The garbage pickup happened today before I returned home.) I used to make these cables, but Radio Shack just sells phones now and doesn't stock diddly squat.

I will trade one wife in exchange for one working double-sided, double density Atari floppy drive.

I just had to buy a DIN to RCA monitor cable for the 800. My kid was playing games on it earlier today. Then my wife felt it necessary to "clean up" "that old stuff" in the living room and can't remember what she did with the video cable. After five hours of searching no cable. (Hint: She has been known to throw the kitchen flatware into the garbage without thinking. The garbage pickup happened today before I returned home.) I used to make these cables, but Radio Shack just sells phones now and doesn't stock diddly squat.

I will trade one wife in exchange for one working double-sided, double density Atari floppy drive.

RS has a 3 pack of red/blue/yellow midi cables... they work quite well as A8 video cables...

as for the wife, I already have one, and thats .7 too many... ;')

(trade a couple 1050's for her tho... i need one that cleans :D )

sloopy.

Found in the wild!! Found an 800XL with one of the good power supplies at the Capitol Flea Market in San Jose. $15.00.

Plastic still on all the brushed aluminum pieces.

As if "I" need any more!!!

Looks like one of the nice Alps keyboards too.