IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

There are a small handful of games that go for stupid prices, there are many more for reasonable prices that look awesome on a shelf. I personally like my infocom disks, and the regular atari boxes (especially the XE line) look pretty neat too.

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=8594&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Nothing too expensive on these shelves apart from a couple of the roklan games.

Edited by orpheuswaking

So what is a decent price for a boxed A8 game? I know it depends on the title - but on average, not including the rare or HTF titles, what is a good price? Does it matter if it's the disk or cart version? I would like to expand my boxed A8 collection but all I see are $20 and up prices per game.

That isn't an easy question to answer. What shape the cart is in, does it include box, manuals, sealed, etc come into play.

But if you're talking loose carts (with good labels), they go from a few to ten bucks on what I consider some of the best games like Donkey Kong, Defender, etc. Pacman maybe $3 bucks. Atarimania is a good source on rarity level (as a baseline). Rarity common 2-5 go for around $5-10 bucks.

Not some common carts $30-$80.

Then, ungodly amounts on others. Most HTF carts go for a range of about $100-225.

Ultra rare $150 to $400+

As for the media, carts last longer and typically are in better shape and have tradability. Some like disks sets because of the materials, boxing, etc. Disks made it longer than cassettes do, in my experince.

OK, thanks for the info Boxpressed and Chrislynn5. I prefer at least the box with the disk/cart and the manual. The box/cart/disk can have some wear but I at least like to be able to tell which game is in the box :-D

I have a few boxed cassettes (thanks labrat!!!) of some early games but generally I don't collect cassettes (I do like the Gamestar ones, though). I mainly collect disks but of course I do have some boxed carts as well.

I love getting the lots, though - apparently I have been pretty lucky to get some boxed A8 lots with good games for about $5 to $8 per game (shipped price).

Anyway, thanks for the info guys - it helps and I greatly appreciate it!

Almost all of my Atari titles were purchased from Page 6 back in the early 90s so I can't really give you specifics on those, but the rest of my boxed software I have picked up in large lots. That way you keep what you want and sell/trade the rest to fund future purchases.

Also you can try myatari.com and best electronics to pick up the more common games CIB and be fairly sure you are getting something in good condition and still sealed, you may pay a little more but you will have GREAT looking boxes for the shelf.

If you are going for the best collection at the lowest price the one thing you need is patience and regular visits to ebay etc. Set a price you wont go over for certain titles and eventually you will stumble across them for what you are willing to pay. Big lots come in to play here again, check all the pictures etc as you will sometimes see something that others have missed (how I got an XF551 along with 800XL, 1010, and a bunch of software for less than $30)

• 2 weeks later...

2 Atari 400's off ebay one came w Gorf Yellow cart Blue box ratted box but complete no glue left!! on box..

paddle box top ripped off and one 2600 box too.. Still have my ape cable got ape98 working using compatible mode xp with win95 before running and disabled avast when installing ape works still have to use ultracopy and LIVE atari400 or 800 to get atr's cause its still shareware.. one of these days ill get ape cart!..

OH ps one of the 400's came with a frogger cart! I think i also got a wizwor boxed cart yellow too .. and the cassette recorder in mint condition exept the fastforward/rewind idler dented but fixed take up reel spring snipped shorter now rewinds fastforwards replaced #6 sink washer play idler rubber now records and plays and loads its own recordings!!!! looks mint had to take head mech body from older one as i broke lip think but figured out how to repair w out breaking now out of 3 two work but the minty one works great I now push play and pause to keep tention off rubber idlers!!! and with the take up reel spring shortnend it rewinds and fast forwards.. got the belts from turntableneedles.com so I was happy with the Cassette RECORDER 410 in its mint condition and box! too.

I prommise before winter ill test the 32k in the 400 to see if it works w out mod I will try to figure out the 48k mod or just get one.

Also I have a nother flashback non modded .

I also got long ago a PAL 2600 six switch non heavy mold version woody 2600 but replaced the RD modulator with a US version and it works on ch3 ch2 or 4 but 3 ok....

its cool yellow stickers..

then the other 2600 works and my modded 2600 with the flashback pcb using the cart pins all scratched out of etch to hook to flashback only and b/w switch used for built in and external carts then ch3 ch4 switch now b/w switch the other switches work as they normaly do joy 1 joy2 port all hooked to flashback inside 2600 and video wired come out of RF hole!! used existing 5v voltage regulator and dioed and cap on 2600 pcb so you have to turn off unplug power pack then turn on wait for flashback to flash then raster video dies then turn off replug and power switch on then it goes to castle but some times it goes to adv ..

I also modded a nother one useing a ben heck schematic almost looks as good as EBAY video mod only composite no stereo no svideo but has audio took forever to adjust

resistors to get PITFALL II colors right on the HUE adjustment..

used some transistors and more then the suggested resistors but looks almost perfect ..I also got my old atari800 100FOOT audio/video DIN plug working so on missile command the color burst roasts full color I think i shorted the lumina to the sound output pin cant remember I will post pinout later.. and once i get my compact flash sticks located ill post pictures of the flashback wiring ..

Edited by awace

I also got a arduino and AM thinking of sio to aurduino since atari .atr files are small I could use my atari sio to serial on the aurdiono if I get thinking my dad probably could help ..

once he made a altair bus into a Atari disk box emulation box you put a s100 cpm load disk in drive when you turn it on then push reset button and it boots atari sio to disk box emulation file he wrote for cpm and boots and looks like a atari drive to the atari with 2 drives the box is still in the storage at parents house and once i get some $ I will get a s100 motherboard and put one of my dads old ice 80 mon high low chips in and see if i can BOOT !!! if he wrote that emulation file for the cpm computer I would think a small file for the auduino to load a small atari atr file atari file would be easy for the arduino if i get a SD arduino ..

• 2 weeks later...

Diamond OS cartridge w/ documents, utilities disk and DiamondPaint. Been looking for this one for a long time.

post-6701-0-11084900-1346086594_thumb.jpg post-6701-0-11331800-1346086596_thumb.jpg post-6701-0-00431700-1346086598_thumb.jpg

Wow, how did I miss that, I scan Ebay daily. :)

It was up for a long time. Started out high, then reduced to something like $189.00 auction start, and $220 buy now. The sticker on the front looked a little odd and reprinted manuals?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809559112101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180955911210&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Diamond OS cartridge w/ documents, utilities disk and DiamondPaint. Been looking for this one for a long time.

post-6701-0-11084900-1346086594_thumb.jpg post-6701-0-11331800-1346086596_thumb.jpg post-6701-0-00431700-1346086598_thumb.jpg

Wow, how did I miss that, I scan Ebay daily. :)

The sticker on the front looked a little odd and reprinted manuals?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809559112101?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180955911210&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's how they looked. The business was run at home by Alan Reeve and his mom.

Pastfinder, Jawbreaker, Bounty Bob, Typo, Worm War I, etc, etc. etc. Holy cow! Those few alone are worth $650+, easily. Let me know if you're looking to get rid of Typo :)

I'm guessing you got your Typo?

I finally did :) The link isn't Typo though:(

Ah, I must have clicked the wrong link before copying it. I corrected the link in the original post.

So is there anything special about it being a blue cart or are they just as common as the black ones?