IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Cool, including the one I got, I think that makes 4 to 5 I've seen this year on ebay. Good catch :)

Thanks!

4 or 5 since January, or in the last twelve months? Not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering how many of these are still floating around. Either way, I'm surprised it's that many. This is the first one I've seen in quite a while. Must've just gotten lucky and caught it before someone else snapped it up.

Has anyone tried using one in an Incognito-equipped 800? I don't see why it would matter, but no one's mentioned it.

If not, I'll certainly give it a try and report back...

Edited by adam242

Thanks!

4 or 5 since January, or in the last twelve months? Not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering how many of these are still floating around. Either way, I'm surprised it's that many. This is the first one I've seen in quite a while. Must've just gotten lucky and caught it before someone else snapped it up.

Has anyone tried using one in an Incognito-equipped 800? I don't see why it would matter, but no one's mentioned it.

If not, I'll certainly give it a try and report back...

Hmmm, that could be in the last year, I know they aren't that common on ebay. Not sure if I tried the Bit3 in my Incognito or just the stock 800 to test...

Really, The 800, Bit3 FullView 80, plus the RamPower 32k card - all in one swipe, couldn't ask for a better price :)

Well, the opening bid was only $59.99, but no way was I going to let it run with that low of a BIN.

On a related note, I will soon have an extra Touch Tablet, complete with AtariArtist, if anyone's interested.. PM me.

Rather mundanely the last Atari-related purchase I made form eBay was a bundle of wires and some DuPont plugs! I am still determined to find an XF551 for less than £50 though!!!

Patience... I picked up my XF551 in a giant lot that cost me about $30 (Plus shipping).

• Like 1

last few months:

atari 800XE (since added 576XE to this)

1200XL (some mods added - ultimate 1mb, clearview? (thanks FJC))

Indus Gt (complete with original case, padding, 6 disks

Rana 1000

atari gamer headset

atari personal headphones

256k rambo

and various atari books

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up with the intention of putting it into one of my 1200XLs:

DSCN3344.JPG

No instructions, or MyDOS disk, and I now have to pick up some 256x1 150ns chips. But, that's OK. I also have an 800XL that has the Newell 256K upgrade.

-Bob

Edited by ryanr256
  • Like 1

Sold a few of my 8-bit cart doubles and used the funds to help fuel my current, renewed VCS obsession ... In the last two weeks or so I bought picture label versions of Superman and Adventure, a 4-Switch Woody (with a Buy It Now of $10 + $5 shipping!) and Pitfall II. Superman arrived last week, but Adventure, Pitfall II and the Woody all arrived on Monday. It was a GREAT evening for me after work. Couple things about that Woody - I ordered Friday around 11:00 Central time, it was delivered a thousand miles away by Monday afternoon, wrapped as perfectly as anything I've ever ordered loose (taped inside a thick double layer of bubble wrap, cushioned by foam peanuts and inside a new, sturdy cardboard box) and it is as perfect, cosmetically, as I've ever seen. It's either been very well restored, or it was bought a long time ago and sat unused.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost passed this up - I already had an 8K board, but then it struck me that this board should have been enclosed in the brown memory case. I suppose someone could have taken it out, but I can't see any reason to. I have no proof, but I suspect it was originally installed in an 400 and never had a case. I may install it in a 400 just for fun!

Can't seem to attach a picture right now

I picked up (another - having broken the first within three hours of opening the package!) Din13/ST->SCART lead for use with the VBXE. And the picture that combination gives is simply jaw dropping. Using RGB signals the screen is as good as any PC monitor I have ever used. Highly, highly recommended.