IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I think that is pretty common with the original 800, isn't it?

Yes, but when you pay over $40 for shipping and get it in a box the same size as the computer with no padding...

The power supply was put in on top of the keyboard so it just pounded the s#!t out of it in transit. I'm surprised the case isn't in pieces.

Yes, but when you pay over $40 for shipping and get it in a box the same size as the computer with no padding...

The power supply was put in on top of the keyboard so it just pounded the s#!t out of it in transit. I'm surprised the case isn't in pieces.

Okay. Yeah, that deserves some negative feedback.

I bought an Atari 800, 2 1050's, a 1027 printer, the atari daisy wheel printer, all the power supplies and 4 sio cables and the shipping on all that was $29. The package was 53 pounds and as far as I can tell, it was shipped overnight.

• Like 2

Retards need to be kicked off ebay.

what a dick (the seller). They knew when they dropped that big ol'power supply on top of it that it would damage it. Really, have they never shipped anything before.

This makes me want to stalk them and when they purchase something online intercept it and beat the hell out of it, re-packing poorly :) And see if it bothers them.

• Like 1

Are they broken off or just popped off.

As far as I can tell, popped off (I haven't messed with it yet), but on these Hi Tek and Stackpole keyboards, impact to the keys causes the corners of the plungers to split open and then the keys fall out easily from then on.

Ugh. I bought a 600XL from someone on Ebay that was packaged terribly. Power supply brick and 600XL - no bubble wrap, both loose inside of a crappy 1970s briefcase, which was tossed into a cardboard box with a little bit of bubble wrap (?!).

Needless to say the 600XL showed up rather beat up. Space bar smashed off, scratches on the smoked plastic, scuffs and scrapes. :mad:

As far as I can tell, popped off (I haven't messed with it yet), but on these Hi Tek and Stackpole keyboards, impact to the keys causes the corners of the plungers to split open and then the keys fall out easily from then on.

Honestly, I don't think it's just impact - I think the plastic shrinks with age and the stress concentration in the corners causes them to crack. I have two 800's, one of them bought locally boxed in original Styrofoam, neither of them subject to impact so far as I know, and of them have corner cracks in all or nearly-all of the plungers. As I said in another thread just today, if any Atari fan wins Saturday's $275M Poweball lottery, they should fund development and manufacture of replacement 800 keyboards. :(

• Like 2

last few things I've bought from evil bay arrived either trashed do to packing, or were trashed before packing.... it's hard to believe the crap shoot of epay could get worse... but it has...

sorry to hear you got dumped on by yet another poor transaction... I am about to give negative feedback on an item myself...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I always ask the seller to pack to prevent shipping damage and suggest the best way to do so for the specific item. So many sellers just ignore it and throw the items in a box or worse a bubble-lope then they slap a label on it and ship it. I even had an AA member take it personally and complained because I suggested proper packing for the items I bought even though I suggest proper packing methods to every seller. I've even sent extra $ for proper packing to prevent the hassle of damaged items. You never know and hurting their feelings is better than getting a rare item smashed to peaces because of poor packing.

Picked up the Salespersons Guide to the 400 to go with the one I have for the 800. Anyone know if similar guides exist for the XL line?

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpg

Not sure. I bought the 800 version a while ago, scanned it and put it up on archive.org.

It would be great if you could scan it.

Allan