IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I bought an MFM/RLL to SD Adapter. It was expensive, but I wanted it to put in a MegaFile 30 that has no hard drive. I imagine it will also work with a Black Box or MIO and a Bridge host adapter (Adaptec 4000a or 4070 or other).

https://www.drem.info/

nice but I wish the .dsk files were named something else as that is already in use. Some other extender anagram could be figured out...

I bought one of the "NOS" 800 case tops+func keys+levers recently. It was not in pristine condition. I would call it a mild factory reject. Mostly the imperfections were on the inside of the case where there was dark gue on the inside corner. The gue did not clean off with alcohol wipes or qtips. The outside has a mild abrasive damage in one small area that is not visible but can be felt. Overall it was worth the purchase. It went on my very brown 800 that was likely stored in a hot garage for 25 years.

One thing I learned is that some of the screw posts are not prethreaded. That's why when taking screws out of 800 cases there is plastic dust that comes out. Recorded video of the process.

Also bought four TRACO power TSR 1-2450's from Mouser Elec for 800's and a 1200XL.

nice but I wish the .dsk files were named something else as that is already in use. Some other extender anagram could be figured out...

I have to agree, but I believe the Atari side would not see those files as they are the containers for the Virtual Drives. So not a terrible thing.

Still pretty chuffed about snagging an original SpartaDOS X cart, and Assembler Editor cart for these prices. I have no idea what happenned to my original SDX cart after a decade and a half and a couple of moves, so its nice to have one again. Both of these normally seem to sell for very high prices, rarity I guess...

post-53052-0-49646000-1550782652_thumb.png

Previous to that, I scored this lot of 3 mystery 1050's and a 1010... the switches visible on one of them caught my eye... "Whats inside there!!" I was thinking.. Plus it was in Canada, so didn't incur the eBay "Global Shipping Program" scam fees. That drive turned out to have a Genuine 6K Happy 1050 board. Didn't work initially, but I acquired 3 new 8K SRAM chips for it, new belt, and its alive again. It had some interesting mods, a bad (fuzzy?) sector maker switchbox, switch between a stock 1050 OS ROM, and the 1050 ROM, slow/fast speed mod (to write long tracks) and a 3 position switch that would set D1/D2/D4 wired to the drive select switch at the back. Neat stuff! Some of the mods I still plan to document and post pictures and document in a thread here on AA. That 1 drive alone was worth the price of the lot IMHO.

post-53052-0-01767600-1550783113_thumb.png

• Like 6

I just bought two atari 800xl's. on eBay for $95 with power supply (ingot style, its getting replaced )and one serial cable. Both machines work perfectly after cleaning and were made in Hong Kong so yay for socketed chips but BOOO for poor quality sockets! The seller wrapped them nicely in bubble wrap but taped the wrap directly to one of the machines right across the bottom paper label. Nice huh? I'm looking for some Rev C Basic ROM chips if anyone has spares they wanna sell or knows someone that can make a few.

Seriously though....anyone knows a guy that can make some Basic Rev C Roms?

Seriously though....anyone knows a guy that can make some Basic Rev C Roms?

Unfortunately the BASIC socket pinout for a 2364 mask ROM is incompatible with common 2764 EPROMs. However, there is an easy workaround to buying a $20+ original Rev C chip from Best or B&C, or a hodgepodge of soldering to make one work...

- Buy a 23xx adapter from Retro Innovations, $1.50 PCB only, or $5 assembled: http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/

- Program BASIC Rev C to a 2764 EPROM

That adapter will optionally let you use larger EPROM's for 2, 4, or 8 switchable 8K BASIC replacements, so you could also have say, Atari Assembler Editor, Altirra BASIC, and an 8K game on a 27C256 EPROM.

If you're considering a programmer, I recommend the TL866 - $50 or less from China on eBay, and NOS or recycled 27xx EPROMs can also be found there for around a few dollars each, and usually work. lol

Otherwise, I'd be happy to program EPROMs and mail to you for my cost, usually $5 or less including postage for 1, $2 each for additional chips. Feel free to PM me if interested.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The seller wrapped them nicely in bubble wrap but taped the wrap directly to one of the machines right across the bottom paper label. Nice huh?

Once the bottom label is gone you can at least put the case in the dishwasher without regrets...always look at the (retro)bright side of life ;)

Just purchased an Arduino USB Shield as I want to use a USB Gamepad on my 800/130XE, my old Atari joysticks are well past their 'use by' date. :)

As soon as it arrives I will be attempting to program the Arduino and put a 9 pin 'D' on it.

• Like 1

IMG-7834.jpg

The XRGB mini doesn't like my ATARI STE also i needed a solution for my RGB MSX2 and Acorn Electron,Spectrum 128 toaster

At a later point RetroTink2X via the OSSC so i can get S-VIDEO for my 800XL and C64

Phucking hobby is bleeding me dry :-D

Edited by 256 colors
  • Like 2

Ooh - I can use one of them so my JOY2PIC can fit in my 130XE!

Not EBay but local Craigslist type of website:

A new and still boxed third-party Atari SIO cable from German company Boeder. Had no idea that such a thing existed and bought it out of curiosity.

post-4219-0-17055900-1552640398.jpg

Good investment for the seller. Converting back to old currency it was priced a bit over 10 Euros and marked down 40% and he asked 25, so even with inflation that should make for a little profit ;)

(I know I can get SIO cables a lot cheaper but while I'm not a must-have-all collector I found this interesting.)

• Like 3

The XRGB mini doesn't like my ATARI STE also i needed a solution for my RGB MSX2 and Acorn Electron,Spectrum 128 toaster

At a later point RetroTink2X via the OSSC so i can get S-VIDEO for my 800XL and C64

Dou you really need RetroTink AND OSSC? I thought RetroTink has a direct digital output.

Dou you really need RetroTink AND OSSC? I thought RetroTink has a direct digital output.

The plan is too output the S-VIDEO from the RetroTink into the OSSC giving me more options it's a expense way of doing things but what other options are there

Buy a 2nd hand CRT TV/PVM/BVM hope and prey it's in good condition with little or no use

Hope and prey CRT TV/PVM/BVM doesn't get smashed or fucked up in transit and good luck finding anybody who wants to service it when things go wrong(that's if you can even find the parts)

Or try the Sophia video board option but that's like pissing in the wind too hoping and preying the TV or MONITOR is compatible

OR there is one more option that won't cost arm and leg with zero display and lagg problems download Altirra for free and it's getting better all the time

Edited by 256 colors

The plan is too output the S-VIDEO from the RetroTink into the OSSC giving me more options it's a expense way of doing things but what other options are there

AFAIK (and according to their website the RetroTink is analog IN - HDMI OUT, so no S-Video out and you can hook it up directly to almost any flat panel screen.

For your CRT you rather need something like the UAV.

OK, read through the instructions and you can indeed feed the digital output through a HDMI-VGA-converter and then use it in an OSSC (although I still wouldn't know why one would want to do that).