IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Also, can't see to clearly, but those might be the nicer Alps keyboards on the 800XL's?

Yes, two of them have the type 1 Alps keyboard. Both are PAL machines as you would expect over here. The third (very yellow) one is a type 2, that one has a non-working P key. It also has a channel switch, so it's probably NTSC. Rather rare to find one of those over here.

No Lode Runner cartridge with this lot, but I used to have a boxed one.

• Like 2

Picked up a "Factory Reconditioned" 400! It also plays Dauntless, which was in the cart slot! The seller didn't even check. Gave it a full but careful cleaning. No soaps or detergents. This is the first 400 I've ever owned. It's cool. Am grateful and fortunate the machine works 100%. Fully stock GTIA.

post-49049-0-35702300-1559329708_thumb.jpg

post-49049-0-07299800-1559329790_thumb.jpg

post-49049-0-07813600-1559330111_thumb.jpg

post-49049-0-20216200-1559330388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 6

Picked up a "Factory Reconditioned" 400! It also plays Dauntless, which was in the cart slot! The seller didn't even check. Gave it a full but careful cleaning. No soaps or detergents. This is the first 400 I've ever owned. It's cool. Am grateful and fortunate the machine works 100%. Fully stock GTIA.

Please post pics of the Dauntless cart :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. When trying to take a photo of the Dauntless cart, the extreme copy protection somehow blanks out my camera. Sorry.

Here testing the video quality and joystick ports which somehow is cool to see a tube tv in action again. Haven't used a 400 in over 35 years or a even tube TV in a long time!

And here testing the machine while playing Star Raiders

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 3

Well, not EBay but a local Craigslist type of service:

Quite a nice haul for 70 Euros plus a little domestic shipping:

post-4219-0-22319100-1559586584_thumb.jpg

Probably would have been a good deal on the cartridges, joysticks and touchpad alone. Most seem to have been opened but a couple are rarity 6 to 8. I don't really collect carts but these seemed to be a nice addition to a mostly "conventional" (i.e. Atari published) collection.

Very interesting home-brew trigger addition on this stick. A big "microswitch" taped to what looks like a Competition Pro:

post-4219-0-49268800-1559585692_thumb.jpg

And a little cover on the rear of the Atari (which I believe to cover the channel selector cutout):

post-4219-0-14225700-1559585750_thumb.jpg

PSU not shown but included as well.

• Like 6

I picked up a new-to-me stock 600XL the other week. I really don't need another one at the moment but it was a nice price, shipping included, so I hit the BIN button before I gave it too much thought and talked myself out of it. The machine is in nice condition with its RF shielding and PBI cover intact. It also has a very clear RF output for a 600XL, so that was a nice bonus. It's tempting to leave a nice condition machine like this stock but I think that I am going to put it aside for the time being and use it for an upgrade project later in the year. Although if I could actually find a 1064 to go with it, I might reconsider.

post-1863-0-65272700-1559872081.jpg

I *think* that this label is telling me that this machine was manufactured in the Spring of 1984, so It likely shipped in a "1984 Olympics" box.

post-1863-0-14815200-1559872095.jpg

Edited by SS
  • Like 6

I picked up a new-to-me stock 600XL the other week. I really don't need another one at the moment but it was a nice price, shipping included, so I hit the BIN button before I gave it too much thought and talked myself out of it. The machine is in nice condition with its RF shielding and PBI cover intact. It also has a very clear RF output for a 600XL, so that was a nice bonus. It's tempting to leave a nice condition machine like this stock but I think that I am going to put it aside for the time being and use it for an upgrade project later in the year. Although if I could actually find a 1064 to go with it, I might reconsider.

Nice, this looks like an Alps keyboard too. With as little as the simple 2 chip, 3 wires 64K upgrade, you have a very resellable machine... but after that I'd probaly keep this one and sell another 600XL because of the keyboard...

Nice, this looks like an Alps keyboard too.

This one is the first version of the AWC keyboard, the ste that you see pictured on a lot of the early XL boxes and brochures. It is a fully mechanical keyboard like the Alps is but the springs are a bit stiffer feeling; it is definitely my favorite of the 600/800XL keyboard styles.

I was actually going to hold out until I found the second AWC keyboard style since I already own one of these. However, because this machine was in such nice condition and at a really good price, I bit the bullet and just snagged this one instead. I do have an Alps keyboard on one of my 800XLs, BTW. It is also an excellent mechanical keyboard but it just doesn't give quite the same amount of spring resistance that the AWC does, which is why I slightly prefer this style. Both styles are really nice though.

• Like 3

Received the S-Drive Max I ordered from eBay yesterday, and spent most of last night playing with it. No idea if the fella selling them is on AA, but I can recommend them for anyone in the market for one of these in the UK; it seems the seller makes five or so of them available every week or so, arrived quickly and thoughtful packaging as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sdrive-Max-Atari-8bit-800xl-600xl-65xe-130xe-Atari-XEGS-sio2sd-sio-tape-disk-fix/173710208225?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Also received a 1020 I ordered from a retro website I found while scouring the bowels of Google, is in good physical condition but sadly it has the usual problem of not feeding paper through properly and the pen barrel not going all the way to the left so pens don't change. Hopefully the 3d printed gears I got from Shapeways will solve both of these issues with any luck.

attachicon.gif20190601_092703.jpg

I *think* that this label is telling me that this machine was manufactured in the Spring of 1984, so It likely shipped in a "1984 Olympics" box.

attachicon.gif20190601_092807.jpg

This looks like my machine , it has the same keyboard , identical only different is that the Option, Select , Start and Help keys need new springs as I lost them.... when cleaning the keyboard, all of the bottom row keys did not work when I got it, and I will have all of of the parts to upgrade it tomorrow as the postman tried to deliver it today and was unable to. Nice machine , are you going to upgrade it to 64 K ? also I al looking into stiffer spring materials for all of the reset, option, etc buttons.

I do have a friend that has parts , he is on here smnd will probably respond to this message.

Where abouts are you located, I am in Canada, always looking for new Atari friends.... Russ

I picked up another NOS 1200XL keyboard for $20. There is a high probablity it will need repair, like all 1200XL keyboards eventually do, but I did luck out a few years back and got one that worked 100%.

Congratulations on finding that keyboard. I've been looking for one of those for a while now. :( Please message me if you see one again. iirc there was a lot of remaining unsold stock of them.

Edited by Sugarland

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, Brentarian said:

I picked up another NOS 1200XL keyboard for $20. There is a high probablity it will need repair, like all 1200XL keyboards eventually do, but I did luck out a few years back and got one that worked 100%.

post-8513-0-98139400-1560201599_thumb.jpg

post-8513-0-28251300-1560201612_thumb.jpg

That is so cool! I had no idea they sold them at Radio Shack back in the day.

Edited by Ute
  • Like 1

eBay pickup from earlier this week — I’m a fan of games published by Synapse. Favorites include Blue Max, Shamus, Necromancer and Fort Apocalypse. 

Over the past year, I have collected 15 Atari 8-bit games complete in box. Eight of them are Synapse games. They are for display as I currently don’t have an Atari computer (hope to pick one up soon). 

78E00DDE-90B7-4C52-9624-8CC39ED9A9D3.jpeg

Edited by socrates63
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! I got a 800XL with type 1 keyboard! It comes with Xf551 and XC12. I am so happy to put my hand on a XC12 after all these years. I got my 65XE with XC12 when I was a teenager and I haven't put my hands on that recorder since then. The XC12 used to be very common in my country and also very reliable from my point of view.

Haz click para ver la próxima imagen

Now I need someone to bring it all of these to USA ....!..! Any tips of passing thru customs and border security with "vintage electronics"?

Edited by manterola
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, manterola said:

Finally! I got a 800XL with type 1 keyboard! It comes with Xf551 and XC12. I am so happy to put my hand on a XC12 after all these years. I got my 65XE with XC12 when I was a teenager and I haven't put my hands on that recorder since then. The XC12 used to be very common in my country and also very reliable from my point of view.

Haz click para ver la próxima imagen

Now I need someone to bring it all of these to USA ....!..! Any tips of passing thru customs and border security with "vintage electronics"?

I have received my new atari with type 1 alps keyboard and it is not in great shape.. It will need some work. 

The bright side is that the xc12 recorder is great, just as I remember, it is very resilient and just works. 

I load the old beaten ef60 sony cassette which was already inserted and it booted DK junior at the first try with the exclamation mark loader. Not even belt replacement required. 

I haven't tried the xf551 disk drive but I got very puzzle by this standard C017945 110vac to 9vac power supply labeled 220v as can be seen in the picture. 

The plastic box of the psu looks intact and well sealed. But the labeling looks home made. So do you know of some kind of mod that can be applied to transform this psu from 110 to 220vac? 

Maybe there is some tabs you can use to make the change? 

I need a new 110 psu anyway, but I'd  never seen something like that before. 

My old xf551 came with a UK made psu, the usual one used for 220v

6222019135122.jpg

4 hours ago, manterola said:

BTW, the 800XL is full socketed with a basic chip I have never seen before, and some,  I assume,  factory made corrections.

CO60302A is the Atari part# for Revision B BASIC, which came in most 600XL/800XL computers.

When Atari fixed a major bug in Revision A(brown cartridge for the 400/800/1200XL) they introduced another bug in this version.

The last version of Atari BASIC is Revision C(CO24947A) which came built-in on most XE and some late release 800XL computers, it was also available separately in a grey XE style cartridge with a silver label.

Edited by BillC
  • Like 1