IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

On 7/30/2019 at 2:45 PM, orpheuswaking said:

Nice 1029!!! I've been searching for a reasonable priced one for over a decade (They only come up rarely and usually for stupid money)

IMHO something for completionists. I got one together with an 800XL in the mid-90s and never tried to use it until a couple of years ago, but compared to the Epson FX-80 I had in the 80s it is very loud and the print quality (7 iso 9 needles) is no comparison. The looks are nice but that's about it. I had given away the FX-80 for free to save space, thinking I'd still have the 1029 to go with the Atari but looking back that was a wrong decision. FX-80s must be as rare as 1029s these days.... I had almost forgotten how quickly the ribbons dried out on impact printers....

On 7/30/2019 at 5:53 AM, Nezgar said:

Thanks, sure enough a "specially modified" paperclip got me into both boxes in short time! ? :thumbsup:

Lots of old BBS stuff in these...

If you find any good ATASCII screens, please share them in the image section of  the Atari BBS Gurus club. Thanks!

-JP

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, slx said:

IMHO something for completionists. I got one together with an 800XL in the mid-90s and never tried to use it until a couple of years ago, but compared to the Epson FX-80 I had in the 80s it is very loud and the print quality (7 iso 9 needles) is no comparison. The looks are nice but that's about it. I had given away the FX-80 for free to save space, thinking I'd still have the 1029 to go with the Atari but looking back that was a wrong decision. FX-80s must be as rare as 1029s these days.... I had almost forgotten how quickly the ribbons dried out on impact printers....

The only reason I want one is because I wrote a number of papers for school that I printed out using the 1029. I did finally upgrade to a FX-80

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, javiero said:

Sorry, english it's not my main language... but in my country, Mexico, a 1200 xl is rare but with no signs of use is most unlikely...

A boxed 1200XL is certainly very nice! Congrats on that find!

We never had them at all in Europe but thanks to EBay we can now pursue our secret plan to raise prices by buying them all up....;)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, slx said:

A boxed 1200XL is certainly very nice! Congrats on that find!

We never had them at all in Europe but thanks to EBay we can now pursue our secret plan to raise prices by buying them all up....;)

I payed 100 bucks for it, not cheap, not too expensive... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, javiero said:

I payed 100 bucks for it, not cheap, not too expensive... 

Certainly worth it! If you have problems with the keyboard, Best Electronics sells new mylar that make "repair" a no-brainer. And there's lots of space inside for all kinds of enhancements should you want to go that route.

3 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Bought this Indus for $100 shipped

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a027278ae806b1fc02947f937cb4ab2c.jpg

s-l16002.thumb.jpg.48f05400fdc1aff2d219b675b7a0bb78.jpg

Nice!

If this is your first-timer, just try getting a RAMCHARGER (64K ram expansion) and you will see how, gram-by-gram, byte-for-byte, this is simply the best drive ever made for Atari 8-bit computers!

Enjoy!

• Like 1