IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

While waiting for the new run of the Incognito, I was looking for a matching printer for my 800. You can't find an 820, 822, or 825 for sale here in Europe. 

So I am glad I found this boxed KX-P1081 on Ebay. Back in the day I had a Panasonic KX-P1091i with my ST, so I know these are very reliable and Epson compatible.
Just tested it and it works fine. Looks a bit patchy on this Ebay photo, but after some cleaning it looks fine.

KXP-1081_1.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 1050 Floppy drive, a new Dos 2.5 floppy/manual & a 1010 in need of a new belt. Not even sure why I got the 1010 except maybe because I have the dataset with my C64 lol...

So now I'm only missing the centronic interface.

I now have both a C64 setup and an Atari setup. This should cover most, if not all, my 8bit computer needs. 

Sadly the Atari computer line wasn't all that popular in my province so I don't expect to find a 1,000 floppies lot like I did this summer for the C64. If I ever do, I'll get an Atarimax to rip them to files.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:07 PM, Almerian said:

While waiting for the new run of the Incognito, I was looking for a matching printer for my 800. You can't find an 820, 822, or 825 for sale here in Europe. 

So I am glad I found this boxed KX-P1081 on Ebay. Back in the day I had a Panasonic KX-P1091i with my ST, so I know these are very reliable and Epson compatible.
Just tested it and it works fine. Looks a bit patchy on this Ebay photo, but after some cleaning it looks fine.

My first printer, I am very jealous 

In the past week two mint condition NTSC 400's sold on ebay. One unopened went for $500 the other opened box went for a little over $400.

However there was a third unrecognized by the seller that was mint. The single poor quality low resolution photo didn't help. That is the one I got and saved ~$350. Works %100 so far as I can tell. No box though. His grandparents bought it for his uncle and it was stored in a closet for many years. Judging also by the included NOS power supply still being coiled by Atari except for one 10cm of the barrel end of the wire removed from the still tied (by Atari) twistie tie, I think it was used once and put away. There was some black gunk from the cart shield adhesive that made some mess (but not in the cart tunnel thankfully). Cleaned the gunk up as well as I could without spreading it everywhere and re-glued the shield. The spacebar has a tiny bit of black remaining (see photo) which may yet clean off.   I thoroughly clean A8 acquisitions but this one didn't need it, bar the tar gunk.

I had no idea he would accept my low offer so I 'bought now' on another 400 which is yellowed and well used but has an undamaged case.

Atari-400-Oct2019mnt.jpg

Atari-400-Oct2019mnt cart bay.jpg

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

The PAL 600XL is such a nice little Atari... everything on it except it needs an easy memory upgrade...

Antonia is an easy memory upgrade plus multiple OSes, Lotharek sells a 64K one for 16 EUR and IIRC @tf_hh has a 512K SRAM that works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

eBAY.DE 58 EUR 800XE broken , powerswitch stuck.

2101058764_800XEbrokenswitch.thumb.JPG.86b9fd9106ee043c35c4fc46acaf34b4.JPG971144260_800XEshield.thumb.JPG.b6508f7102a42c5ec4b427655ecf5f71.JPG1518301973_800XEinnards.thumb.JPG.7aca22c650bad9e07de81707ad8fa425.JPG

So I took one from my Parts-Only 130XE and replaced it and tadaah.

50498268_800XEfixed.thumb.JPG.f8c2566d030dca43d5ea466885c4a78a.JPG

I need to clean/brush the keys since they actually aren't that yellowed , just really dirty, the inside also had a lot of dust.

But the top and bottom case still have their almost original grey color

1534213083_800XESIO2SD.thumb.JPG.33cdc62aa0a32fef17dec9e824c85329.JPG

• Like 4

It's been such a long time that I can't even remember. I think it might be a copy of Dark Chambers for the 2600 that I've still got sealed in the attic. Pretty sure I bought that when I was still living in Cardiff more than 10 years ago.

As for the 8-bit, I probably have to go even further back. Possibly Archon on cartridge.

One day, when I have time and money to spare ...

I've bought a second 1050 in a crappy box, but complete and tested. Now my setup is really complete. Well minus the 1010 but that isn't a priority. The drive isn't too yellowed but since I just spray painted the first one (it was beyond yellow, it had turned orange), I think I'll give it the same treatment. I use Canadian Tire bought Rust-Oleum 2X  "rustic white". The color is really close to the original and at least now it's uniform. I also did the 800XL but while reassembling the cart flaps, I over tightened two screws and ended up with two small dimple, barely visible but I know they're there, on the top.