IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

On 10/6/2019 at 12:18 AM, Nezgar said:

Deals like that are nice. a POKEY chip alone costs about that from BEST/B&C.

I was the only bidder on a 130XE keyboard and won for 99c, (plus $18 shipping). It's not too yellowed, sold 'untested' but I found it works perfectly.. Only it's missing a W key.

Cool,  I powered up the new PAL 600xl yesterday and it works too :)

It even came with the bottoom case.

• Like 1

A beater 810 with a stuck stepper motor (read/write head?) caused by old dried grease on the rails, and the drive motor wasn't spinning. A little alcohol solved the stuck stepper motor and a poke with my finger broke the drive motor it loose.  It's working like a champ now.  Next I need to light brighten the badly yellowed case.  I love taking an old beat piece of equipment and making it work again.

A NOS Tandon drive mechanism, just because.

A couple of promising looking 400 computers.  They should clean up and be nice if I can get them running.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AtariGeezer said:

My Sharp HDTV can display both video types :)

The video converter I use can take the s-video output and produce 1080P at 60Hz.  I wonder if that would work for a PAL machine?  Are there issues with some games running on a PAL machine?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, Lastic said:

eBAY.DE 58 EUR 800XE broken , powerswitch stuck.

2101058764_800XEbrokenswitch.thumb.JPG.86b9fd9106ee043c35c4fc46acaf34b4.JPG

So I took one from my Parts-Only 130XE and replaced it and tadaah.

I need to clean/brush the keys since they actually aren't that yellowed , just really dirty, the inside also had a lot of dust.

But the top and bottom case still have their almost original grey color

I had a couple of XE´s in the past, all with stucked or broken Power switches...

But I found a source in germany, where you can buy it as new stock ?. (see the right ones on the 1st picture)

It fits perfectly, the only difference between this and the original switch is, that the new one has a O/I printed on the switch...

BTW: I grabbed this shown 800XE with broken Power switch on Ebay for only 30€, and it works perfectly now ?.

If anybody is interested in getting the switches, here is the source:

-> Power-Switch for XE series

Gtx.,

andY

1553107020213 (1).jpg

1553193557499.jpg

1553193557706.jpg

1553193558104.jpg

Edited by andymanone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One of my greatest deals last time on Ebay, was this ATARI 800 (see pictures)

Sold as: "Powers on, no other testing performed. Sold for parts or repair.

Without any more details (e.g. Memory configuration etc.), very risky, to buy a pig in a poke!

But: Fixed Price: 49,95USD  ?!

So I couldn´t resist and hit the "Buy now" button as hard as possible ?!

Yesterday, after a long trip, finally arrived....

The housing in top condition, no breaks or damages! 

Asap connected to my TV and powered on and "voilá"!

It works well! Full memory configuration (48k) and all keys from the keyboard response like the first day!

In short: I am absolutely happy with it ?!

andY

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 10

583535441_Atari810copying.thumb.jpg.6d6e559f21a4e424ce9a02cfc267cb69.jpg88887679_Atari810copying2.thumb.jpg.40acbc076b091dfd520f0725e01d075f.jpg

Just bought a 810 disk drive!! Local stores are getting them in stock now so call in advance. Price is $699.95! They also come with an SIO cable, Atari's new external bus standard for peripherals and a power supply too. All my friends with a 2600 will want to play it. These drives are SO VERY FAST! and they're small

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

On 10/30/2019 at 6:51 AM, andymanone said:

1553193557706.jpg

Good job - "Almost" an exact match - the original switch did not have the white I/O letters printed on, :) I've got about 3 XE's now that I've fixed that had this exact problem. It's one that's easy and gratifying to complete. :)

Got mine from UK seller "Atarifreakz" on eBay, this is the website: http://www.st-freakz.co.uk/

The culprit, and the new one about to be soldered in place:

badswitch.thumb.jpg.a5d9648deeb11a9243838a52aeee330d.jpgSwitchToBeSoldered.thumb.jpg.b2806b377a92e394384a12b47a9de7a7.jpg

And in other news... Another testament to keep making 'connections' locally... Someone I bought an Atari manual from locally a couple years ago remembered me and out of the blue contacted me to donate me the following lot:

2x1050, 2xXF551, TRAK AT-D2, All power supplies & SIO cables, and a mix of original software and copies/PD disks, all very clean.  Still in shock! :-o

IMG_20191108_2326249.thumb.jpg.4f44a4b09f96571d77679ea0e7222173.jpg

After searching for an XF551 for so long.... And maybe now I have a better chance of diagnosing and fixing my other broken TRAK drive.... Will be keeping in touch with the former owner as he is so far keeping his 800 since his recent acquisition of an sDriveMAX, and will shoot him ATR's of his personal disks once I've imaged them and let him know of new stuff to try out there to try on his machine. :). Some more stuff to check against the software preservation project for sure.

• Like 4

Not eBay, I bought it at a brick & mortar store, but I picked up a 400 in box yesterday for $60 (although no styrofoam or manuals).  I am going to clean it up a bit and put tf_hh's Super CPU and 48/52K RAM cards into it.  I've only owned XLs up to this point so this is pretty cool.  :)

• Like 4

I grabbed a complete in box copy of Temple of Apshai Trilogy for Atari 8-bit for a tenner. The seller wasn't sure if the disk actually had Temple of Apshai Trilogy on it (the label had fallen off) so people were hesitant to bid on it, but I won and it did indeed have the right game on it. Looking forward to finally playing this game with the book after 30+ years!

Finally, a CX-80 Trackball at a decent price. It was really nasty and not working properly, but after a thorough cleaning and lubrication, it is working and looks great... Good addition for playing Missile Command and the modified version of Centipede (in true Trackball mode).

It also features a XL look so it looks great beside my 600XL and 1050

Edited by manterola
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, doctor_x said:

was unaware atari did calculators. nice find!

Nothing but a 3rd party re-branding, but yeah, still cool.  I can add this to the list of items Atari did not produce:

• ST
  • Portfolio
  • Lynx
  • Jaguar
  • Calculators
  • New VCS (HAHA)