IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

@andymanone @doctor_x A previous post with pics of my two Atari Calculators. One used and working once new batteries installed, one still sealed NIB from Best Electronics (They have many models of these..) One day it might get opened... But that might be when I have a second of the same. :)

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/291846-i-bet-youve-never-seen-an-atari-personal-stereo-before/?do=findComment&comment=4287642

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manterola said:

Kennedy Approach with box, manual, diskette, warranty card and microprose brochure. 

1030201917016.jpg

Played a pirated copy of that a lot. Great game, only bested by Tracon years later and right know I don‘t know of anything the like. 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:34 PM, 777ismyname said:

A family member ordered this SIO2PC USB for me. It works great and the SIO plug fits better than any SIO plug I’ve ever used.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F184020133231

This is my favourite/daily driver still. Simple, cheap, reliable, and looks professional. Recommend it as the 1st purchase for anyone getting back into the 8-bits.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nezgar said:

This is my favourite/daily driver still. Simple, cheap, reliable, and looks professional. Recommend it as the 1st purchase for anyone getting back into the 8-bits.

I would agree. No messing around with 35+ year old disk drives, etc. I pieced together an old Vista era Acer laptop and made a fixture to sit it on top of a Commodore 1902A monitor. The laptop will also be driving a CoCo DriveWire, Commodore XM1541, and TI nanoPEB (whenever I finally get one). Retro goodness :)

22 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

140 disks. I hope to get them ATR'd in the near future... Especially the TAF (Toronto Atari Federation) PD disks... Otherwise looks like a mix of Antic, Analog, and the usual pirated games. :)

s-l1600.jpg

AWESOME! Thanks for saving a bit of history!

A loose XF551 for just 115$ (plus reasonable shipping). Against all reason but now I have a floppy drive and Cassette from every 8-bit period.

I recall that US XF551‘s don‘t work with PAL Ataris due to timing issues. Does the HyperXF fix that? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, slx said:

I recall that US XF551‘s don‘t work with PAL Ataris due to timing issues. Does the HyperXF fix that? 

Most probably yes, since HyperXF was defeveloped by a European (Stefan Dorndorf).

Atari did release a later ROM themselves "v7.7" that improved PAL compatibility: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/120561-xf551-ntsc-rom-image/?do=findComment&comment=1456364

There is a patched Atari ROM by Bob Woolley that also improves PAL compatibility.

8 hours ago, slx said:

A loose XF551 for just 115$ (plus reasonable shipping). Against all reason but now I have a floppy drive and Cassette from every 8-bit period.

Atari released an updated ROM that fixed this timing issue and works with both NTSC/PAL systems, I believe this firmware is attached to the post linked below. 

The HyperXF firmware is also NTSC/PAL compatible.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nezgar said:

140 disks. I hope to get them ATR'd in the near future... Especially the TAF (Toronto Atari Federation) PD disks... Otherwise looks like a mix of Antic, Analog, and the usual pirated games. :)

s-l1600.jpg

Time to put that stack of Happy 1050’s to work :) 

If you’d like some help I would be happy to rip a bunch of them for you & the community. 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, andymanone said:

My latest item from Ebay was this ATARI 850 Interface...

In good condition for only US $9,99...

You got it about 1/5 of market value. Good stuff! Hopefully it works. :)

Also pls dump the ROM to check if it's different than the 2 known (so far) using warerat's tool here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/289938-bare-850-printed-circuit-board/?do=findComment&comment=4272383

• Like 2

I got a working "White Beauty" power supply, I am so excited!

The problem is: it was very dirty and nasty, so it needed a deep cleaning, but when I passed a cloth with alcohol the logo started to go away. So I stopped intermediately and try to clean some of the mess. 

Probably, not the best place to ask, but I'll do it anyway: do you have some recommendation of an sticker or other method I could use (I have a b/w laser printer) to restore the logo. Maybe something I can transfer to the plastic once printed in the laser printer, or a transparent sticker....? 

Lesson to everyone: be careful with the isopropyl alcohol

Dsc_1098.jpg

Edited by manterola
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 7:29 AM, slx said:

XF551 has arrived, managed to boot a game from it, though reads are very intermittent (hopefully just the PAL-NTSC-ROM-problem, I have not exchanged the ROM yet). Given the packaging it's a wonder it arrived in one piece. I'm very glad I asked for the PSU to be left out. The SIO Cables came in a padded envelope, the drive itself only got a grocery bag with one extra grocery bag and one crushed medicine box for padding. A placebo methinks ;) 

IMG_1820.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of my last treasures I found on Ebay was this sad little sick 800 patient ?.

I felt so sorry for him so I decided to adopt him to give him a new life and bought him for only $ 19.99 ?.

Now I hope to have enough time at the weekend to revive and restore the little one ?.

Gtx.,

andY

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, andymanone said:

One of my last treasures I found on Ebay was this sad little sick 800 patient ?.

I felt so sorry for him so I decided to adopt him to give him a new life and bought him for only $ 19.99 ?.

Now I hope to have enough time at the weekend to revive and restore the little one ?.

Gtx.,

andY

Good save, and a bargain. Hopefully you can get it fixed up and looking beautiful again 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mimo said:

Good save, and a bargain. Hopefully you can get it fixed up and looking beautiful again 

Yes, I´ll do my very best... ?

I´ve lots of spare parts and a couple of hard broken cases (mostly damaged while shipping ?),

so I guess , there is a good chance to bring it alive again....

Gtx.,

andY

• Like 1

I had no rest at all and so I started the resuscitation already today ...

And:

Yeeaah !!! Success! The patient breathes again ?!

(I've used temporary an other keyboard and the proper RAM/Rom Modules and it´s booting up  ?)

IMG_20200106_214320.jpg

IMG_20200106_214328.jpg

IMG_20200106_220102.thumb.jpg.7985d367770d3f05ba7f6950f83a9be3.jpg

IMG_20200106_220807.jpg

Edited by andymanone
  • Like 5