IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

31 minutes ago, EpikalPuppy said:

My first Atari 8-Bit for my dorm!

AB8BA016-9B12-442C-8A6D-F1785240FE0A.jpeg

My Atari was a unique thing in a college dorm 25 years ago when I was in college, I'm very happy to see a current college student with one in their dorm room!:thumbsup:

Also, brilliant choices for a monitor and joystick! You just can't do better than a Trinitron or a Wico Command Control!:thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

My Atari was a unique thing in a college dorm 25 years ago when I was in college, I'm very happy to see a current college student with one in their dorm room!:thumbsup:

Also, brilliant choices for a monitor and joystick! You just can't do better than a Trinitron or a Wico Command Control!:thumbsup:

Thanks! Trinitrons are great.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lbaeza said:

Xetec Graphix AT interface.

Regards,

Luis.

$_57.jpeg

My daughter ordered me one of these a few days ago on eBay. Mine won’t be here until Tuesday...if you try yours out before the middle of next week let me know how it works :) 

Not exactly and eBay buy, but I did get a package of 5 Atari Flashbacks from Goodwill’s auction site for $14 shipped. I got them not for the Flashbacks (I bought a similar package months back), but for the joysticks and paddles. Several very good condition joysticks and paddles, besides the (useless AFAIK for the 8 bitters) Flashback wireless controllers. 

• Like 2

Not a big thing, but a nice find (for a good value) I think... ?

- an ATARI Trak-Ball

- an ATARI Modem XM 301, boxed with manual

- a SIO cable

- a couple of RF switches

- and some random cables

All together for only 18$ ?.

(Some things need a little cleaning, but are okay so far ?)

Gtx.,

andY

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

• Like 6

@andymanone

The RF modulators and coaxial couplers are near worthless these days (anyone not moved up to at least a composite cable by now might as well give up the ghost, IMHO), but yes, still a fantastic deal.

The track-ball alone is worth at least that much, and that one looks to be in good condition; it just needs a good cleaning and maybe some oil or grease on the spindles if it doesn't roll smooth.

SIO cables of that length are at minimum $10 if you find a deal on them. 

The XM301 can be converted into a modern Wi-fi modem to use with Plato or Contiki, etc., or use the case for an SIO2SD card drive. 

I'm guessing the 800 module is a ram card, it could be an OS board though for the 800. Not much use if you don't have an 800, but you might be able to sell it and get half your money back if it's ram. If it's an OS board, they are selling for $25+ these days.

I would have jumped on that deal had I seen it.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

@andymanone

The RF modulators and coaxial couplers are near worthless these days (anyone not moved up to at least a composite cable by now might as well give up the ghost, IMHO), but yes, still a fantastic deal.

The track-ball alone is worth at least that much, and that one looks to be in good condition; it just needs a good cleaning and maybe some oil or grease on the spindles if it doesn't roll smooth.

SIO cables of that length are at minimum $10 if you find a deal on them. 

The XM301 can be converted into a modern Wi-fi modem to use with Plato or Contiki, etc., or use the case for an SIO2SD card drive. 

I'm guessing the 800 module is a ram card, it could be an OS board though for the 800. Not much use if you don't have an 800, but you might be able to sell it and get half your money back if it's ram. If it's an OS board, they are selling for $25+ these days.

I would have jumped on that deal had I seen it.

Hi Gunstar, thanks for the feedback...

The only parts I was interested on the deal, was the XM 301, the Trak-Ball, the ROM module and - as a nice give a way - the SIO cable...

The rest of it is superfluous, I know that, but it was a part of the offer ?.

Btw: I´m not a dumbster ?, I know all the parts and the current market prices, I´m an Atarian since 1987....
The Module was a 800´er "10K-OS ROM Module" and of course it´s useful for me, because I have at the moment nine ATARI 800´s (and if you step back this thread a little bit) you´ll find one of them (I bougth it for 19USD?),

without any modules ?. So it was a perfect match...

From this wholeseller I bought also two full working 800´s (one with a key issue) for 35USD and the other for 45 USD ?

Gtx.,

andY

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andymanone said:

Not a big thing, but a nice find (for a good value) I think... ?

- a couple of RF switches

3 hours ago, Gunstar said:

@andymanone

That's a 4-port 5200 switchbox in the center of your picture, and it's worth at least what you paid for the lot, if you can verify it's working.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, 777ismyname said:

This sexy beast showed up today. I’ve been wanting one since first seeing them in advertisements almost 37 years ago.

A230476E-E66B-4AA6-9FA6-F7FD4026F926.jpeg

They sure are beautiful drives.  I remember the old ads comparing them to Ferrari :)  Well, I do finally have an Indus GT, still nothing close to a Ferrari.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They sure are beautiful drives.  I remember the old ads comparing them to Ferrari :)  Well, I do finally have an Indus GT, still nothing close to a Ferrari.

Me either :( I’ll be happy camper when I get my 07 Beetle back on the road :) It looks a bit funny with my huge body in that little car :) 

I do hope to grab another Indus GT in a couple of months and order a couple of 64K kits from tf_hh for them. Good times!

39 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Me either :( I’ll be happy camper when I get my 07 Beetle back on the road :) It looks a bit funny with my huge body in that little car :) 

I do hope to grab another Indus GT in a couple of months and order a couple of 64K kits from tf_hh for them. Good times!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up a very clean, fully functional 130XE to replace my dingy, yellowed non-working example. The machine I had as a teenager.

130xe.thumb.jpg.c4eef695652012bb0cd1d57350e57024.jpg

Also recently got a good deal on an old Apple II green phosphor monitor to eventually set up with my XEP-80.

It will sit proudly next to a Commodore 1702. Isn't it nice when we all get along? ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys

Not really on eBay but on one of it's daughters.  This arrived today from the country that donated a chef to the Muppetshow:

718239499_TAC2.thumb.JPG.85cbcaa64465bb2766073fc1f0f06dc7.JPG

In very good condition.

Me so happy!  And the person who sold it to me even wrapped the stick part in bubble wrap separately.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 7:48 PM, 777ismyname said:

This sexy beast showed up today. I’ve been wanting one since first seeing them in advertisements almost 37 years ago.

A230476E-E66B-4AA6-9FA6-F7FD4026F926.jpeg

SWEET!

Gram by gram, rpm by rpm, the overall best drive EVER made for Atari 8bit family.

Period.

• Like 4

Not directly Atari related, but I'm sure I'll be using it a lot for my Atari 8-bit and my Atari ST!

KRYOFLUX!

I'm not sure why it says sold or $135. We agreed on $115. It's never even been used. I feel like I got a decent deal. Ordering a new one from overseas was going to run me closer to $175. I have a brand new, old compatible 3.5" floppy to use with it. Now I just need to pickup a 5.25" drive.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, Faicuai said:

SWEET!

Gram by gram, rpm by rpm, the overall best drive EVER made for Atari 8bit family.

Period.

This sexy beast now has its mate :) If they could only reproduce ? 

Just a few hours ago the postman delivered my first Atari light pen. I *really* suck at anything artsy, and now I can suck even more by trying my hand in GRAPHICS 15 :) 

AE562BD4-9B86-4BCE-8510-EAD3145170DC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Not really on eBay but on one of it's daughters.  This arrived today from the country that donated a chef to the Muppetshow:

718239499_TAC2.thumb.JPG.85cbcaa64465bb2766073fc1f0f06dc7.JPG

In very good condition.

Me so happy!  And the person who sold it to me even wrapped the stick part in bubble wrap separately.

Sincerely

Mathy

I always have wanted one of those... But they are too expensive or in bad condition.   Congrats!!

• Like 1

Hello Mauricio

14 minutes ago, manterola said:

I always have wanted one of those... But they are too expensive or in bad condition.   Congrats!!

Thanks!  I've wanted one for a long time too.  And a couple of weeks ago I thought: "Why not look for one on the same site as the one I use for my car (which comes from that country)".  And within a reasonably short time, I found one that looks great.  The auction ended fairly early in the morning...

Sincerely

Mathy