IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

On 3/5/2020 at 12:40 AM, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Not really on eBay but on one of it's daughters.  This arrived today from the country that donated a chef to the Muppetshow:

718239499_TAC2.thumb.JPG.85cbcaa64465bb2766073fc1f0f06dc7.JPG

In very good condition.

Me so happy!  And the person who sold it to me even wrapped the stick part in bubble wrap separately.

Sincerely

Mathy

Congrats on the TAC-2. Marvelous stick for anything that requires quick joystick action and not too much button pushing. My favorite Shamus stick!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, archeocomp said:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/153857589384

Could not resist..

I recently won another 600XL, and the first PAL 8 bit for me! I was happy to find out that one of my LCD monitors supports PAL so a overall a win! I do like the 600XL overall, it's quite easy to upgrade to 64K and then it's basically an 800XL in a slightly smaller footprint.

• 2 weeks later...

Not from ebay, but I just received the custom case lid and read cover plate for my 1088XEL build. I also ordered a VBXE from Lotharek for it, but that will be delayed for who knows how long now that shipping flights are on hold. I'm sure it will come eventually.

IMG-3412.jpg

IMG-3413.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

Not from ebay, but I just received the custom case lid and read cover plate for my 1088XEL build. I also ordered a VBXE from Lotharek for it, but that will be delayed for who knows how long now that shipping flights are on hold. I'm sure it will come eventually.

IMG-3412.jpg

IMG-3413.jpg

The blue looks great, I still need to order my panels from frontpanel express. What are these running now? 

• Like 1

yeah this thread really should be renamed, the number of folks buying direct or from elsewhere is all thru the thread

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought online?

or

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought these days?

maybe simply

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

yeah this thread really should be renamed, the number of folks buying direct or from elsewhere is all thru the thread

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought online?

or

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought these days?

maybe simply

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought?

Or even better:

What are the Latest Atari-Related Items You've Obtained?

A lot of people get items given to them, and like talking about them and showing them off too.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orpheuswaking said:

The blue looks great, I still need to order my panels from frontpanel express. What are these running now? 

I think that is the best set of panels I've seen. Are the FPD files available for download?

I'm pretty sure I have the one for the rear panel, which I think is my design. But I don't have that particular front panel, which appears to be a modification of one I made early on. Be nice to use these as a zipped set for the standard download on my website.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

Thanks! Blue is my favorite color, as you can see from my ride below! These ran me just shy of $182 for both, shipped.

2 hours ago, mytek said:

I think that is the best set of panels I've seen. Are the FPD files available for download?

I'm pretty sure I have the one for the rear panel, which I think is my design. But I don't have that particular front panel, which appears to be a modification of one I made early on. Be nice to use these as a zipped set for the standard download on my website.

Yep, the rear panel is pretty much your standard design for my options. Thanks! The only thing I changed was to add to the model name. I posted my lid design over in the 1088XEL DIY thread after I finished it last summer. You can find it below.

And I'm all for renaming this thread What are the Latest Atari-Related Items You've Obtained?, or something along those lines.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/272817-1088xel-atari-itx-motherboard-diy-builders-thread/page/45/?tab=comments#comment-4261343

IMG_0804.jpg

Edited by bfollowell
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mytek said:

But I don't have that particular front panel, which appears to be a modification of one I made early on.

I should've mentioned that, yes, I modified a lid design you had. I think the original may have been black and the text was vertical on the right-hand side. I used it to get the spacing right for the cartridge slot and kept the status bar position and graphics and the Mini ITX Alternative text. I found an Atari font and changed to that and moved the model name horizontally across the top, and of course, added the fuji in the middle. I'm really pleased with my design and the way the actual panels turned out. I think I'll be really pleased when I get it all assembled and going.

Thanks again for the rear panel design, as well as the cover design that served as a basis for mine and, of course, for the whole 1088XEL system design to begin with!

Edited by bfollowell
  • Thanks 1

Probably not a good time to purchase stuff from eBay. I am guessing the prices will drop some or a lot in the coming months as the global recession sinks in. There will likely be more supply as people who are strapped for cash sell and there will likely be less demand as people lose their discretionary income. Might be good to wait 6 months for that big purchase.

49 minutes ago, scitari said:

Probably not a good time to purchase stuff from eBay. I am guessing the prices will drop some or a lot in the coming months as the global recession sinks in. There will likely be more supply as people who are strapped for cash sell and there will likely be less demand as people lose their discretionary income. Might be good to wait 6 months for that big purchase.

Good for those who can still afford to buy in 6 months without a job.

• 3 weeks later...