IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

5 hours ago, MrFish said:

You have to select "completed auctions" on the left, after you search the item number.

Thanks. I had the impression that it would still come up with "you have missed that listing" if it was expired. Maybe EBay changed the logic.

10 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

[ebay]333581066561[/ebay]

For the RanaSystems 1000, doesn't it look nice?

That's indeed nice and a steal at that price!

• Like 1

The latest Atari related thing I got on ebay was Bounty Bob Strikes Back cart.

I've never liked the 2600 joystick. Hated mine as a kid. I'll be looking for a decent joystick.

1 hour ago, xrbrevin said:

just snapped up an old favourite:

suzo the arcade.jpg

I used to have an Amiga joystick, it had 3 buttons and little triangular ones as well. Needless to say, you only needed the one and you only effectively got the one as well. 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:33 AM, lbaeza said:

See attached pictures.

Regards,

Luis.

20200429_134941.jpg

is this a Brasil developed title, Luis? I can't imagine America bringing out a cart game about 'Pele' specifically. 

Of course the rest of the world knows.

You'd be dead wrong... Pelé ended his career in the US playing for the New York Cosmos a few years prior to the release of the game and soccer was pretty popular in the country at that time. It pretty much fizzled out when he retired but the NASL had a decent following in the mid to late seventies.

Also, the Cosmos were backed by Warner Communications so probably no coincidence. 

Edited by www.atarimania.com
  • Like 2

Yep. I actually wrote a paper about Pele in middle school? (I think? I was probably 12 or 13, which would have been around 1980).

I think I still remember his full name. Someone check me on this, I did not google this:

Edson Arantes DeNacimento. 

Did I get it right?

And when this game came out, I bought it as soon as I could. 

I lived in Ohio in the US. 

I played soccer, but was better at sitting in front of a keyboard than dribbling a soccer ball. 

Also, of course this game was geared toward North America, it has the word Soccer in the title. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a boring joystick, I seem to have lost a couple of them in my move 2 years ago or have accidentally thrown them away at some point (?!) and I got married in April so needed another joystick to lure the wife in to vintage gaming (eased her in with NES emulation). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AtariGeezer said:

That's the one :)

Seller found a "INFO/SOFT" OPERATING DISK and has sent that today :)

Can't wait to see what is on it...

Lucky you!!!!

A glimpse of light in the tunnel! MAYBE the long-awaited system disk (with DEMOS!), also good to store actual data! 

Talk about a chance to see Info/Soft-5000 working as it was originally intended (I've always wondered, without ever finding that damn disk!)

• Like 1