IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Not from EBay, but a recent purchase from 2nd and Charles.  They had a CX-85 keypad which looks to be in fine shape.  A 1050 disk drive that had been shrink wrapped with the SIO cable and power supply.  And finally, a modified 410 program recorder that has a toggle switch and two connectors on the back.  The connectors look like female RF connectors and are marked "IN" and "OUT".  I have know idea if anything works yet, or what the mods to the cassette player are for.

I'll test them when I get a chance to plug them in or tear them down. 

3 hours ago, Peter Rabitt said:

Just pick up an Indus-GT 5.25 disk drive and should be it great shape...A question, does anyone know how to check the Indus out as far as memory upgrade and any programs to check how it is working with out opening the case???

Thanks in advance

Peter

Yes there is an Indus utility disk that will detect and test any upgraded 64K RAM module.  I think it's the indusmaster.zip file attached. If not try the other one.

indusmaster.zip indusrcutil.zip

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dinadan67 said:

A small PS/2 keyboard for my 576NUC+. I bought the stickers already some months ago. Perfect match!

That's the same as the one I use. $20 from Amazon. I use the same stickers, I also took mine apart and gave it a matt clearcoat to better match my matt black NUC case and I  got some Atari chrome badges a while ago from mateoproceo which really finishes it off. 

IMG_4508.thumb.jpeg.76358ca925de92cd97ae5a2799d39546.jpeg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

That's the same as the one I use. $20 from Amazon. I use the same stickers, I also took mine apart and gave it a matt clearcoat to better match my matt black NUC case and I  got some Atari chrome badges a while ago from mateoproceo which really finishes it off. 

Are you able to confirm whether or not that keyboard also works with the 1088XEL/XLD?

Sugerland, thanks for the files... I got one working but can't figure out how to copy the second file to a floppy or run it from the sdrive max I have the files on.. I can get the one file which is a dos 2.2 or something but can not see the sdrive to copy or run the second one...Working on it..But thanks for the files... O yes the Indus does appear to run GOOD. and with the p/s and cord and a Indus case it may have been worth the extra $$$ ... Happy with it so far..

Peter

2 hours ago, Peter Rabitt said:

Sugerland, thanks for the files... I got one working but can't figure out how to copy the second file to a floppy or run it from the sdrive max I have the files on.. I can get the one file which is a dos 2.2 or something but can not see the sdrive to copy or run the second one...Working on it..But thanks for the files... O yes the Indus does appear to run GOOD. and with the p/s and cord and a Indus case it may have been worth the extra $$$ ... Happy with it so far..

Peter

There are instructions here

http://atariprojects.org/2021/06/20/run-the-cp-m-operating-system-on-your-atari-8-bit-computer-using-an-upgraded-indus-gt-floppy-drive-30-60-mins/

And bottom of this page:

http://trub.atari8.info/index.php?ref=sramcharger_en

There is a CPMTOOL.ARC download on the second page under last section "Testing the extension with CP/M TOOL."  Attached here as well. You'll need to unarc it.  I have it unarc'd here and on a floppy but can't find it now. Apologies.   A couple arc utilities are attached which may or may not work for that file. Convoluted process I agree. Frustrated that I can't find the floppy.  I'll keep looking and post this in the mean time.

SuperArc! v2.4 (1989-01)(Puff, Robert)(US)[128k].xex SuperArc! v2.4 (1989-01)(Puff, Robert)(US)[128k][a].xex Arcmate v1.0 (1987-09-19)(Caroll, Wm)(US).xex CPMTOOL.ARC

• Like 1

@Peter Rabitt

Indus Master with Super Synchromesh.atr

That disk has the drive RPM utility and more. Be sure to test RPM with a disk written by a drive known to have correct RPM like a retail game or Atari written disk.  You can't accurately test RPM with a disk written by the drive from which you are testing.

edit: yes the file I attached earlier called indusrcutil.zip does not work here either. Ignore it.

Edited by Sugarland

16 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Yes it does, I have one plugged into my XEL.

Good, my XEL is still having some weird boot issues, and several people have mentioned it may have something to do with the keyboard not being 100% compatible with it. I really don't think that's the issue, but I like that keyboard anyway, and if I know it works with the XEL, it may help me rule that out as a possible cause.

Thanks.

I got a Trak Disk drive. Not sure if it works, yet. It looks like it was repaired before. It includes a Teak FD-55A which is suppose to be single side. @Nezgar I am not sure we got this version 1.12 of the firmware before, I guess you might be interested.  

Any idea which eprom I need to select to read the firmware using a TL866?

Regards and happy Monday.

Dsc_0029.jpg

Dsc_0030.jpg

Dsc_0031.jpg

Dsc_0028.jpg

• Like 2

@manterola Nice acquisition! Actually I don't have any TRAK AT ROM dumps on hand to reference! Though looking at your picture it's a 24 pin chip, so you should be able to read it in a TL866 as a 27C32. (4Kx8) If it is really a 2716 (2Kx8) then you will see the same 2K repeated twice.

I actually have a broken one of these drives as well, on my repair "to-do list" but I should crack it open for a ROM dump as well.

I recall some other threads where people tested out these drives' track buffering capability when it had I think a 16K RAM upgrade installed, and the results being less than stellar, but hey - there's always room for modern improvements. :P So it's not just another PERCOM variant...

Thanks @Nezgar, I did the rom dump. I also got some 2732 eproms to test the other firmware versions and those use 25Vdc for programming so the TL866ii did not worked. I am considering an adapter to make it work, but probably I will get another set of 2732 that I can burn with my current programmer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 20+ years of not hearing this iconic brick of a device thrashing around (everyone knows that sound:music:) - I bought this beauty. :D

image.thumb.png.919687068ecba7d4bd5d7494426a8b68.png

...A 1050 drive in really good condition off Ebay UK.

It didn't boot properly intially but a quick clean of the head (and perhaps as a result it inadvertantly realigning things (?)), and I got my commercial Ballblazer disk to boot. 

I probably won't use it so much day to day given I have SIDE3, SIO2PC etc - but it's great to have it should I need it and I have a large collection of old disks from BITD I need to look through. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

and I have a large collection of old disks from BITD I need to look through.

If a good number of these are original disks it would be nice if you would make a list and contact the "Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative". You can also check the website to see if any of the original software you have is preserved or needs more dumps.

A lot of software has been preserved(which means at least 2 identical copies at least 1 of which is from a flux dump), but I was surprised when I joined a few months back how much software that I considered common hasn't been.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, manterola said:

I got a Trak Disk drive. Not sure if it works, yet. It looks like it was repaired before. It includes a Teak FD-55A which is suppose to be single side. @Nezgar I am not sure we got this version 1.12 of the firmware before, I guess you might be interested.  

Any idea which eprom I need to select to read the firmware using a TL866?

Regards and happy Monday.

Dsc_0029.jpg

Could you dump that ROM please.  I’ve not seen 1.12 (only 1.11 and 1.13).