IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

11 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Could you dump that ROM please.  I’ve not seen 1.12 (only 1.11 and 1.13). 

Yes, it is already done. Btw, the 1.12 does not contain the text "COPYRIGHT (C) 1983 BY TRAK MICROCOMPUTER CORP" as the other two known version have.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:59 AM, BillC said:

If a good number of these are original disks it would be nice if you would make a list and contact the "Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative". You can also check the website to see if any of the original software you have is preserved or needs more dumps.

A lot of software has been preserved(which means at least 2 identical copies at least 1 of which is from a flux dump), but I was surprised when I joined a few months back how much software that I considered common hasn't been.

@BillC  thanks for the heads up. TBH if I recall most of the disks in question are my own files but should anything surface I'll have a look into the initiative. :D I recall spending a lot of time in my teens digitising sounds on the 2-bit Replay system. I also used to write for various magazines/disk mags. (Mannn  feel old!):ahoy:

@pixelmischief yes, perhaps some help is needed. That said, I will follow in that need if I buy a Falcon soon.

@Mathy, would love to go but I am away for work that week. Perhaps see you at another event. I have a tent, ready and waiting for some hackerish type meetings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pixelmischief said:

In the past month, I bought a MINT 800XL, an Indus GT, 2 1050's, and a Falcon.  Send help.

I have some more Atari gear that I may get rid of in the future, so now i know who to contact :grin:

eBay is mentioned in this exposé. Worth a watch. We have seen prices go up and in a few cases to mild shock (used XEGS going for over $600) but nothing on the scam level as covered below.  There are surely other factors causing prices to increase in the A8 market. A primary cause being the massive printing by central bank/treasury authorities, flooding the markets with massive amounts of new "currency." Then there's many more bored people at home who didn't previously have the time to spend.

This 1200XL is interesting, going over $400 in the first 24hrs. It's a consistent trend we've seen this year and not a one-off. No certification or scam seemingly involved.

Here is a thread dedicated to this video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DavidMil said:

Just got my sixth 850 yesterday.  This is one of the cleanest one that I have bought (inside and out) from ebay.  No rust, no dust!

All for $39.00.  The wife is starting to frown at the stack of 850's in the closet!

DavidMil

Well, seriously, can you blame her? I mean, after two or three, what can you possibly do with them all? Are you running a rescue?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, pixelmischief said:

My PokeyMax and FujiNET devices came in today.  The FujiNET had a cigarette stain on the plastic.  That's how you know it's professional!

Seriously?  Wow... haven't seen that before.

Curious where you ordered it from.

1 hour ago, Mathy said:

Hello David

Like she doesn't have at least one closet where there are multiples of just about everything...

Sincerely

Mathy

Man, you hit the nail on the HEAD Mathy!  She has a walk-in closet with 15 pair of shoes (one for each evening gown).  But when I showed

this message to her all she said was, "Who is this Mathy person?".  You may want to stay away from Houston for a few weeks...  ?

David 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 8/30/2021 at 4:28 AM, DavidMil said:

All for $39.00.  The wife is starting to frown at the stack of 850's in the closet!

Tell her that in case of a total internet breakdown you‘ll be able to set up a core replacement single-handedly….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A 2.95 € DVI-I to VGA adapter. In conjunction with the VGA->Scart cable from Lotharek i can connect my 800XE to an 1084 monitor and enjoy glorious RGB ?

The cable is meant for Lotharek's FPGA-computer: https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=171

_DSC6679.jpg

_DSC6675.jpg

Edited by Dinadan67
  • Like 1