IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

So, I bought this DEC RX-180 Dual Floppy Unit on eBay for $70 (inc. shipping.)  It has two Shugart 400L drives in it, and I replaced the Rifa caps in the Astec power supply and made a new 34-connector ribbon cable for it, and slaved it off my Percom.  So I guess it's Atari-related NOW, LOL.  It works fine as two more add-on drives.  It also works on my TRS-80 Model III, which is where I'm actually going to use it, but I had to try this out...

rx180.thumb.jpg.3916dde0670a5c15994c3265ac9c4977.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I got this beauty this week from MyAtari B&C ComputerVisions. Totally recommended, new PAL 130XE, excellent price. I plan to put a Sophia 2 inside, maybe something else... U1M maybe.

image.thumb.png.c524f0fffe5ab4fe7cc5083126b0fd33.png

The only thing that stopped me to open it, was this beautiful sticker on top of one screw...

image.thumb.png.c24974fe65b1619f5365604d5d1a3a8d.png    image.png.5e0648c9182a755c0add68ebdf5777c9.png  

• Like 5

It's not from ebay, and I didn't buy it, but I'll be receiving an Atari 400 this weekend. I never even thought I wanted one, but this one was gifted to me completely free. I didn't even pay for shipping. Now that it's on the way, I'm super excited about it. I was told that it works, and from the looks of the hatchet job on the back of the case, it looks to be composite video/audio modded. I'll probably clean it up really well and replace the composite mod with a Super Color CPU Card and install a 48/52K RAM Card and that'll probably be it.

400front.thumb.jpg.3e0212b5cc8a9b4f3bc7806e57faaadd.jpg400rear.thumb.jpg.e07bfd95f8458819492cf82a5779ed7b.jpg400top.thumb.jpg.85fe5e80b8a08f0ceb35dd3d2e5691bc.jpg

Edited by bfollowell
forgot to add photos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bfollowell said:

and replace the composite mod with a Super Color CPU Card

One issue with the Super Color Card is the integrated UAV changes the video artifacting from 400/800 to XL type, this isn't an issue for most but a few have posted about being displeased with this change.

9 minutes ago, BillC said:

One issue with the Super Color Card is the integrated UAV changes the video artifacting from 400/800 to XL type, this isn't an issue for most but a few have posted about being displeased with this change.

I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm sure there are far more games than I remember that use artifacting, but I don't recall seeing it all that much in the games I typically played. Also, I don't use CRT monitors or TVs, so it's kind of a moot point either way.

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Is was only really a matter of time but I sold a load of Atari stuff to raise the funds and got this beige tank of a beast!:lust:

1019252802_Atari8001.thumb.jpg.6c4657671e4bf96949bb73bdb765d5b4.jpg

Incognito is going in this one after a few more sales to pay for it.:grin:

Looks nice. I keep thinking I'll sell some Atari stuff to buy other stuff like a mister FPGA, but every time I'm close to it I remind myself that I always end up wanting to re-buy the stuff I sold, at 15 times the price in the case of my jaguar collection ?

Maybe I'll sell a turntable or two, nah 

1 hour ago, mimo said:

Looks nice. I keep thinking I'll sell some Atari stuff to buy other stuff like a mister FPGA, but every time I'm close to it I remind myself that I always end up wanting to re-buy the stuff I sold, at 15 times the price in the case of my jaguar collection ?

Maybe I'll sell a turntable or two, nah 

@mimo  Yeah I know what you mean. I am selling off Atari kit I have no emotional attachment to and/or surplus items that came as extras with XL and XE A8s I've bought and/or restored over the course of the year.

I have a select few items I don't ever intend to get rid of. To give y'all an idea to name a small selection of them this includes:

My Atari Jaguar console bought in 1994, (damn I wish I'd not sold the JagCD unit in the late 90's - it's worth £1000 now!); The 800 I've just bought above which I've pretty much instantly fallen for in the course of today since unboxing it at lunchtime:lust:; my original 1990's 130XE I spent a week rescurrecting from the dead in Sept, (too much blood sweat and tears to part with that now;)); my heavily upgraded driver 800XL and maybe one other 800XL (an XLF); one of my upgraded U1MB 600XLs cause 600s are gorgeous :lust:; SIDE3 cart:lust:; Rescue on Fractalus boxed cart and Flob boxed cart:lust:; A few original disks including: Mercenary and the second City, The Brundles:lust:, Boulderdash, Page 6 Enigmatix and of course Gauntlet. (A lot of these I played to death in my teens). Also I don't think I'd part with several joysticks I own including my trusty Zipstick, Quickshot2 plus and of course a couple of classic Atari CX40 joysticks:lust:.

I've loads more I wouldn't sell but a good amount of stuff I don't mind parting with. It's the latter that is funding my new A8 purchases and any upgrades. 

I think this is warranting a separate Topic thread, (if it's not been done before of course): Atari A8s, hardware and games you'd never part with.:D

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

@Beeblebrox don't tell me a Jag cd is a grand now, bought mine nib for £55 in 2003.

I agree that there are some things I will never sell, the 800 that was the in store demo machine in the store my parents bought my 400 from. My minty fresh 1200xl and my modded 400, NTSC 7800......

But I can't even bring myself to sell the two xegs consoles that I bought to repair and sell on, I don't even like them ?

I think I'm a hoarder 

Maybe a sister thread, stuff you wish you'd never sold.

For me that would include the 1450 XL motherboard

Jaguar

Jag cd

Sears heavy sixer 

600xl with vbxe, stereo pokey, covox.......

Edited by mimo

24 minutes ago, mimo said:

@Beeblebrox don't tell me a Jag cd is a grand now, bought mine nib for £55 in 2003.

I agree that there are some things I will never sell, the 800 that was the in store demo machine in the store my parents bought my 400 from. My minty fresh 1200xl and my modded 400, NTSC 7800......

But I can't even bring myself to sell the two xegs consoles that I bought to repair and sell on, I don't even like them ?

I think I'm a hoarder 

Maybe a sister thread, stuff you wish you'd never sold.

For me that would include the 1450 XL motherboard

Jaguar

Jag cd

Sears heavy sixer 

600xl with vbxe, stereo pokey, covox.......

@mimo

Yup, JagCD on average £1000 on ebay!!!

Wow re your 800, no wonder you wouldn't part with it. 

Never seen a 1200XL, 1450XL or Xegs in the flesh. 

Ya right I think i'll start the thread. ?

From eBay, arrived in the mail today.  It looks a lot more rust colored in the picture than it is in real  life.  This will replace the port cover on my original 800XL machine that lost one of its clips years ago and is currently held in place by a piece of tape.  BTW, I wish that everyone packed their vintage stuff as carefully as this seller did.  

20211028_175027.jpg

20211028_175057.jpg

7 minutes ago, SS said:

From eBay, arrived in the mail today.  It looks a lot more rust colored in the picture than it is in real  life.  This will replace the port cover on my original 800XL machine that lost one of its clips years ago and is currently held in place by a piece of tape.  BTW, I wish that everyone packed their vintage stuff as carefully as this seller did.  

20211028_175027.jpg

20211028_175057.jpg

ummmm, NICE texture....