IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

From Ebay Italy: the same 10" Panasonic TX-G10 CRT TV @Beeblebrox bought a while ago. This TV supports both PAL and NTSC and it accepts RGB via SCART so i can connect my VBXE equipped XEGS. It even got a built-in handle, which makes it the perfect match for my 576+NUC for visiting conventions or club meetings.

pana2.thumb.jpg.0ec5d0e2474890f587e8f82cea54ec8d.jpgpana1.thumb.jpg.c7dfe71dcd8e4ba9cd51b44703a51b80.jpg

• Like 6

@Dinadan67 Ah welcome to the club!! :grin: I highly recommend you use the S-video in at the front also. Great lil TV - I use it almost daily and now - thanks to my Extron S-video distributer amplifier unit - I have this and my LCD flatron permanently hooked up to any one of my XL/XE's. No need to be continually unplugging/plugging the S-video cable from either TV when I want to use either display. Plus I can use both at once too, (not that I really need to for gaming, but to view Rasta converter images on both is very helpful).

It's compact footprint is very handy when space is tight and it's great to play some games where the smaller pixels makes it look so much better, (plus it's a CRT too - bonus):

(Excuse the mess - lots on my desk and been soldering a lot of late ;) The Extron has since been relocated to sit under the Panasonic CRT TV itself -  which works perfectly)

image.thumb.png.4fbdf55557d9620fd09f8eb190ac9852.png

Edit:

Case in point:

Globe's 128k 3D raycasting engine demo looks great on the small screen:

image.thumb.png.db5e1aefd7250fc6e024d570b907665b.png

ProjectM looks amazing on this sized screen (I' can't locate the image I took unfortunately).

Raster converter images:

Dr Peter's excellent Leopard he recently posted on the Rastaconverter pages:

image.thumb.png.0bbb35758ef71681d864e37daa1794b9.png

One of my recent Rastaconverter images (which I plan to post up in a little while this evening):

image.thumb.png.2da3bb1b7fd1f062b3c8bc0661fb4d7e.png

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

A Bit3 card, but the sale was cancelled, allegedly because I wanted it mailed to a remailing service to get it over the pond.  Still find that strange as lots of other sellers had no problem mailing to such services. The seller indicated that we could complete the sale via AtariAge but so far hasn't replied further. 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/224922320180

Still a bit disappointed.

A complete boxed copy of Coconotes with the „floppy single“ audio instructions. I wonder if the green foam is original. If it is it lasted longer than the outside of the box. 
35D0BD7D-A5E0-48F5-B181-93026F493948.thumb.jpeg.22ddfcada5f76b53146671334ad38111.jpeg
71A21C07-1563-41EE-A5A5-3CBAA8D765C8.thumb.jpeg.25dff681e6c6a43b0e937e57415dea43.jpeg

I don‘t usually hunt for boxed 8-bit software but my daughter likes that game and it was a rather cheap BIN so I couldn’t resist. There‘s also a great interview with one of the developers on the ANTIC podcast. 

I bought a non-working 800XL MB with a RAMBO 256K memory upgrade.  Five of the eight MT DRAMS were bad and the ANTIC was bad. Now everything works.  I also bought a keyboard and a case.  I haven't tested the KB but the case is in good shape.  Total cost was $93.56.

• Like 3

My last purchase on Ebay,

was a sad, sick old patient, who deserves some love and care....

He came from a flea market dealer and my offer of 60USD was accepted ?.

Now I'm waiting for his arrival and then I will immediately get to work,

to cure the patient again ??....

Fortunately, it makes a very good impression from the case without defects or damage....

Cheers,

andY

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

• Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, slx said:

A complete boxed copy of Coconotes with the „floppy single“ audio instructions. I wonder if the green foam is original. If it is it lasted longer than the outside of the box. 

I don‘t usually hunt for boxed 8-bit software but my daughter likes that game and it was a rather cheap BIN so I couldn’t resist. There‘s also a great interview with one of the developers on the ANTIC podcast. 

I think the green foam is original, my box also includes it - but ermm, my box is with the tape version and the single (not sure if it is vinyl, if so, it is extremely thin vinyl).

1 hour ago, Dinadan67 said:

An aftermarket remote control for my Panasonic TX-G10 TV. Now i can get rid of the stupid "AV1" in the upper left corner of the screen by pressing "Info" ?

@Dinadan67I did exactly the same thing to get rid of the av1 display. I also bought mine to put the TV into standby... Only it didn't seem to work. Still, totally worth it to remove osd. FYI check out RastaConverter thread and my latest post with a slideshow I've just created yesterday. Pics look amazing on this lil crt (if I do say so myself!!) ??

2 hours ago, Dinadan67 said:

An aftermarket remote control for my Panasonic TX-G10 TV. Now i can get rid of the stupid "AV1" in the upper left corner of the screen by pressing "Info" ?

I installed a TV remote app on an older phone that had an IR port on it to control the old Panasonic LCD TV that I use on my Atari (found TV out on the curb on the way to work one day - that's actually what inspired me to dig out all of my 8-bit stuff after nearly 30 years!).  I had to try a few different apps until I found one that worked.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:12 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

I think the green foam is original, my box also includes it - but ermm, my box is with the tape version and the single (not sure if it is vinyl, if so, it is extremely thin vinyl).

Thanks, it’s indeed a single made from a plastic foil much thinner than a normal vinyl single, maybe even thinner and floppier than floppy disc magnetic media. Records like that were used as pack-ins for magazines, etc. even long before the home computer age. I remember one in my mother’s collection. It’s interesting that you have a tape version. Atari only lists a cartridge version, so you might want to send them a scan. The box doesn’t indicate the type of medium at all, actually not even the computer system. Maybe there was a sticker (on shrink-wrap)? Anyone with a sealed copy?

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Thread is about what you have purchased on ebay..There's a wonderful for sale forum too :)

I took the OP's posting to mean that he bought an untested drive for 79.99, but the way its written I can see your interpretation ?

Edited by cwilbar

I just got this ? missing power supply but other than that it's alive (used 1050 power supply 9v AC).

Just did a quick test with the tape that came with it (Invitation to Programming).

this is not mine video preview available on YouTube already.

Atari 1010 pic1.png

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 1:29 AM, Chri O. said:

Oh sorry for the confusion yeah I just bought this 1050 from eBay & copy and paste the whole description. 

Yes I know I was lazy ?

No problem.... Easy mistake... Hope it works..

On 5/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, slx said:

Thanks, it’s indeed a single made from a plastic foil much thinner than a normal vinyl single, maybe even thinner and floppier than floppy disc magnetic media. Records like that were used as pack-ins for magazines, etc. even long before the home computer age. I remember one in my mother’s collection. It’s interesting that you have a tape version. Atari only lists a cartridge version, so you might want to send them a scan. The box doesn’t indicate the type of medium at all, actually not even the computer system. Maybe there was a sticker (on shrink-wrap)? Anyone with a sealed copy?

Here is my (tape) version of Coconotes. There is a green sticker on the front of the package that says Atari 800 tape. You can also see the tape inside, the single is hiding in the manual, so thats why you don't see it here. But as said before, it also contains the green foam.

Coconotes1.jpg

coconotes2.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 11:27 PM, Meadow Glen said:

My son doesn't predict this will survive the weekend...but we are going to play some track & field, and it'll have one glorious last hurrah.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.24.21 PM.png

arcade leaf switch contacts inside... simple clean up and tweak if weak, it will last FOR EV ER !!!!!!!!