IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Owning a price of Atari retro goodness?

Priceless.

Absolutely: I have never owned an Atari printer of any description, so this is a first. I really like the stying of the case, and the fact it doesn't work is irrelevant to me (although I'll probably fix it anyway). It will look so nice next to my 800XL, 1064 SIO2SD, and C1084S-D2 monitor. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

Absolutely: I have never owned an Atari printer of any description, so this is a first. I really like the stying of the case, and the fact it doesn't work is irrelevant to me (although I'll probably fix it anyway). It will look so nice next to my 800XL, 1064 SIO2SD, and C1084S-D2 monitor. :)

Neither have I; I had a Star Micronics SG-10 back in the day:

40073_1__61245_std.jpg

This ended up being quite a good purchase as when I switched over to IBM compatible stuff, I kept the printer. (I had a parallel to SIO adapter)

One of these days I'll have to pick up some actual Atari brand printer just for the sake of a matching system.

Edited by Havok69

Neither have I; I had a Star Micronics SG-10 back in the day...

This ended up being quite a good purchase as when I switched over to IBM compatible stuff, I kept the printer. (I had a parallel to SIO adapter)

I had a Star LC-10 which I used with an ICD Printer Connection. I can't believe I threw the damned thing out (the printer, that is). After that I used a Canon BJC-200, which I think also went in the bin. :(

One of these days I'll have to pick up some actual Atari brand printer just for the sake of a matching system.

Yep - I'll be after one to match the XE next. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

40073_1__61245_std.jpg

I used to have the Star Gemini 10x, so I've been looking for one of those too. Some clown was trying to get $495 for one on eBay so I waited a bit and picked up an SG-10 instead. They look identical to me other than the label and it even came with the Ape Face which was my original interface too.

cheers,

v

40073_1__61245_std.jpg

I still have my original SG-10 that I got new in '86 and a spare that I got in '98 for $35 :)

Jay

Good luck, the print wheel will turn to dust and there are no known replacements.

1027 turned up today, boxed and virtually mint. Unfortunately the print wheel disintegrated as soon as I accidentally brushed it with a corner of the soft cloth I was using to lightly wipe down the case.

Nevertheless, a lovely ornament, and one of the best looking printers I've ever laid eyes on. :)

I'd repurpose the case for something, but what with it being boxed and so good-looking, I don't have the heart to. I hold out hope for a remanufactured print wheel at some point in my lifetime. :D

Rather minor purchase, today.....

post-16281-0-76390400-1313876517_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207634156621?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120763415662&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is the APX catalog that I remember most, with the cover drawing featuring the APX game "Getaway!." I can't remember the other APX catalogs I had, but I distinctly recall perusing this, as a kid! I put it the minumum bid, figuring some schmuck would outbid me. Woke up $4 in debt, this morning.

When looking at the listing, I saw someone else is selling the same catalog for $39, so maybe I got a good deal?

post-16281-0-19254000-1313876675_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607540945211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260754094521&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Maybe I will re-list this, after it arrives, for $29.99 and undersell.... HA HA HA. :lol:

Is this a record? I've seen a few rip-offs, but this is also terrible:

http://www.ebay.co.u...6#ht_843wt_1143

I've seen much wilder BIN prices on worse items than this. It's in mint condition but it's still overpriced, which explains why I keep seeing it over and over again.

130XE arrived today.

It's actually near it's original colour unlike my old one which has the ugly olive discolouration. Even still has the plastic covering the label.

Case itself isn't what you'd call top notch condition, but for the most part looks better than most of my other XEs. Keyboard feels nicer too.

Now to open it up and see if it's a 4 or 16-chip model.

16... motherboard looks real fresh though, I'd say this machine had a pretty quiet life.

Edited by Rybags