IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Hmmm.... Signed Ballyhoo sells for $63.78 on Apr 10:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1507916906641?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150791690664&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The buyer has attempted to flip it 3 times:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2610028911441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261002891144&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2610053954041?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261005395404&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2610060353431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261006035343&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This might go nice with that new 1200XL.

Look at the game's subtitle on the box: "A sucker is born every minute".

I guess the seller was testing that theory.

Wow, seriously?

Someone got a great deal on an ATR-8000, but wasn't me...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1708273262341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170827326234&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Only if it was in working condition, this sale was untested/as is. I do agree that for the price it was worth a gamble, but if it's not working/repairable it's an expensive paperweight.

Yep, looks like the seller has a bunch of misc stuff (no other atari stuff), but they did sell two floppy drives that went along with the ATR-8000...

For $40 w/free shipping, I think it was a good gamble. wouldn't take much to get it working agaiin even if it came DOA :)

Jay

I'm playing catch-up with my eBay purchases, but here are the most recent few...

post-11281-0-93565200-1334966121_thumb.jpg

Finally found the Chuck Benton version (on right) of Frogger (thanks to FastRobPlus for unravelling the history of this/these title(s)).

Slightly squashed Telelink I complete with creepy looking chick

Invitation to Programming 2 - (looking for one and three!)

and last but not least, Capt Beeble cart.

I'm playing catch-up with my eBay purchases, but here are the most recent few...

post-11281-0-93565200-1334966121_thumb.jpg

Finally found the Chuck Benton version (on right) of Frogger (thanks to FastRobPlus for unravelling the history of this/these title(s)).

Slightly squashed Telelink I complete with creepy looking chick

Invitation to Programming 2 - (looking for one and three!)

and last but not least, Capt Beeble cart.

Even slightly squashed, it is still nice to pick up a sealed Telelink I.

Really from Craiglist, eBay costs so much these days. But check this out. The seller was really cool and gave me a great deal! Plus an Atari 400, Telelink I and II, and cassettes, and all the cables. for $25.

Man, I wish CL in Bakersfield would get some good stuff at a great price. Nice score. Love the 830. I'm looking for a boxed one!

"Would you like to play a game?"

I personally was looking for the 835 for a long time, that one (and the 830) seem to be hard to find. Reminds me of the movie War Games. All I need to do is find a voice syth :)

Hopefully the 835 works, I bought 3 on ebay over the last year and only one works at the moment.

You can use SAM as the voice synth or get a VoiceBox by Alien Group (hard to find) :)

Jay

Hopefully the 835 works, I bought 3 on ebay over the last year and only one works at the moment.

You can use SAM as the voice synth or get a VoiceBox by Alien Group (hard to find) :)

Jay

Did anybody ever wrote a game or app that used SAM... I remember playing with it for a while as a novelty but never seen it used anywhere. I guess turning the screen off while speaking was a big turn off (pun intended) :)

Did anybody ever wrote a game or app that used SAM... I remember playing with it for a while as a novelty but never seen it used anywhere. I guess turning the screen off while speaking was a big turn off (pun intended) :)

I basically just monkeyed around with it too, but you could use it with DMA on. The sound quality was lower, but not unusable.

I basically just monkeyed around with it too, but you could use it with DMA on. The sound quality was lower, but not unusable.

Yeah he sounded like he was on drugs with DMA on :grin:

Yeah he sounded like he was on drugs with DMA on :grin:

Well, drugs were pretty common in the 80's, so maybe that's why it didn't seem so "off" to me. ;)

Jerry White wrote a BASIC program called "Spelling Bee" that used SAM.

My kids used it for a while. It was a great program!

Bob

Jay

The 822 and 835 are the two final things I need for a complete 400/800 era set of toys (I'm not going to bother with the 815, too few of them, and more than I'm willing to pay). I've gotten my hands on a few carts, a couple Thorn/EMI's and a copy of Caverns of Mars.

Let's see.......

Falcon030 4mb with a 2gb CF

800XL NTSC and 1050 (Bought it mainly for the 1050, but the 800XL will get the wife to stop hogging my 1200XL dev setup to play Joust)

130XE NTSC NIB

1050 (Got to have nother for the dev setup)

And there's some more stuff I'm eyeing. But certainly not that one overpriced twit"s stuff.

Edited by HiroProX

NEWSFLASH! I've just managed to buy on eBay UK an Atari 65XE, complete with XC12 tape drive, and three games for the bargain price of £22.01 (US$37.71)! This is such a bargain, because I've recently seen XC12 tape drives offered for £24 (US$38.94) alone!! I hope to receive this in the next 1-2 days from a company using a quick courier, not an individual seller. Unfortunately, It's quite likely I can't be in when they try to deliver, so I need to have a word with my neighbours, who have faced some common problems with me, although a lot of neighbours have been moving in and out recently.

Edited by SIO99

I've bought an Atari 65XE with PSU and TV lead, an XC12, two controllers, and 3 cartridges (Miner 2049er, Computer Chess, Boulders & Bombs) all for £22.01. I haven't got it yet, though. It turned out I couldn't be at home when it was due to be delivered, but a neighbour agreed to take the package in. Unfortunately, I haven't seen or heard from her since coming home. I hope she hasn't decided to give up her flat so she can run off with my Atari 65XE! I'll let you know.

(Sorry, I forget I'd already posted a similar message. I can't see how to delete it).

Edited by SIO99

Complete boxed Kingdom on cassette and Music Composer large box version complete. £10 including shipping. Been looking for an original complete version of Kingdom for a while and picked this one up for £2.50 !