IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Bought a cheap A810 from an US seller. It costed more in shipping than the price I got it for.

Oh yeah, and the seller's from WA.

Currently, the package is in... San Francisco.

It will take a loooooong time to arrive on this side of the world.

Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me with an 810 I bought last year. Now it just sits in a draw.

Allan

I got an 810 couple years ago that was completely shattered also. At first I figured it was just bad packing, but it was packed well. I grabbed a piece of the plastic and it crumbled like cracker. The plastic had gotten so brittle with age that it was literally falling apart.

That's really sad :( I got two 810's last year that were destroyed by a floating AC adapter that wasn't packed to well.

I think the 810's plastic is getting really brittle these days...

Same happened to 400 on transatlantic journey. I also suspect the AC transformer but it might as well have been crushed by it's own weight. If I were a bit more skilled in crafts I'd turn it into a laptop ;-)

Atari 800 Keyboard

attachicon.gifAtari 800 Keyboard.JPG

Had bad SpaceBar contacts, but was able to repair it. Now have 5 fully working 800's :)

Let me guess, the solder pad on location (57) had a hole and the contact pin for the spacebar switch fell out. This is the classic failure mode of the Hi-Tek. I had bid on this one as well, but only if I could get it really cheap. I actually prefer these Hi Tek to Stackpoles, because the yellow plungers on the Stackpole always crack and cause keys to stick.

Let me guess, the solder pad on location (57) had a hole and the contact pin for the spacebar switch fell out. This is the classic failure mode of the Hi-Tek. I had bid on this one as well, but only if I could get it really cheap. I actually prefer these Hi Tek to Stackpoles, because the yellow plungers on the Stackpole always crack and cause keys to stick.

Yep, but both pins fell out so I had to fix both sides. The white plungers have some cracks too, but don't stick like the yellow ones...