IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

it seems that recently - the read/write switch modded 1050s are cropping up more often than they ever used to

almost like the sellers have no idea what they are and see anything altered as being of less value

my own most recent Atari acquisitions?

a 3rd & 4th 1200XL

a 2nd Indus GT

and my prize possession a C-240 Video Music Player

now....for one of those Jukeboxes :)

3rd and 4th 1200XL? Nice going!

yeah...took a bit of seeking out. nice prices too

was awaiting Bob's - but that seemed to have "died a death" - think he's keeping his 1200XLs after all?

as regards the Indus GT - that's a spare fella - (and being kept for "the buyer" as previously discussed)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Wico Command Control joystick (red ball). Cost me $25 but came with an Amiga 500, External Supra FDD, External Supra HDD, 1080 Monitor and a pile of new DSDD 3.5" diskettes. I wish it was an ST so I knew how to work it.

So $25 for the joystick might have been a tad high, but it's a sweet joystick!

• Like 1

Last thing was a complete boxed set of Exodus: Ultima III for the ST.

Yeah, I've got the hard drive adapted version, complete with game

save states, added intro pictures etc, but I had lost the original box

to my copy and the original disk had finally started giving errors after

almost a 1/2 million moves/saves. :)

Edited by DarkLord

It's only one chip in a socket, and I don't have a burner to burn another copy of writers tool. :-)

If its an EPROM, it has probably succumbed to bit-rot. EPROMs from the 1980's typical had 10 year warranties on data retention, but 25-30 years was the actual norm. All EPROMs leak a very minuscule charge and over 30 years, all you need is one bit to go bad and viola, bit-rot. A lock-up would be a classic symptom of bit-rot. A byte is now errant and the instruction code malfunction call results in a look up (bad instruction). The EPROM you have is still good, just needs to be erased and rewritten. Then your good for another 25-30 years.

Edited by ACML

Another 800 showed up on my porch this morning... I really didn't need it, but the price ($45 shipped) was too low to pass.

It was sold "untested, as is for parts or repair" because someone had cut off the RF cable. No big deal, I remove them anyways... that's what monitor ports are for. It was horribly packed but survived the trip unscathed. It's a little yellowed but works perfectly. Cart lid even springs open like it should. I think I'll play a little Shamus this afternoon. :)

This is my fourth 800... what can I say? When you fall for Colleen, you fall hard.

post-19239-0-95656700-1448125932_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Did you notice that the seller puts 'I talked to the President of xxx software who owned this and he said . . .' on just about every Atari auction he has up?

Yep, I've been talking with the seller over the past week, he has 2 complete Pro Prompt systems and 1 Compu=Prompt cart with dongles.

Info can be found here: http://proprompt.com/html/abt.html

This is where he got the contact info...