IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Nothing too exciting, alas.

Today I received a vintage IBM PS/2 keyboard for use with my 1088XEL, once my build is complete. And yesterday I ordered 2x5 IDC box connectors, 10 pin ribbon cable, and crimp-style DB9 male connectors to make joystick cables and jacks.

Oh, and I also made my first-ever purchase from AliExpress of a Realan H80 mini-ITX PC case to house the 1088XEL when I'm done building it.

So, not "Atari" per se but sort of. :)

I'm in a similar boat- I ordered a NOS Digital PS2 keyboard for my 1088XEL- these are really solid nice keyboards that take a beating and have good quiet travel. Amazing that you can still find these on eBay as NOS.

https://imgur.com/a/tOPl0MW

it is not clicky. i'm pretty sure it has rubber cups in it. the clicky ones are too much for me. I have a clicky USB for the Mac, made by Mattias and can only use it so long before i get tired of the long travel.

The Digital Keyboard has a perfect solid throw/travel and it is one of the better non-chicklet keyboards out there that I can stand.

• 3 weeks later...

Just some bags....

WOOHOO..... I was very lucky to be on time with these....

Both are brand new never used and original.

I asked the seller how he got them and he told me his father in law was head of sales for large customers at Atari Germany in the late 80s/early 90s and that he had passed away about a year ago and these thing surfaced.........

post-25272-0-24001700-1535929557_thumb.jpeg

post-25272-0-23165800-1535929577_thumb.jpeg

post-25272-0-29583100-1535929594_thumb.jpeg

post-25272-0-71887100-1535929604_thumb.jpeg

post-25272-0-43591700-1535929616_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

I just recently bought a bunch of items from Atari-Max.

I haven't had time to install the Happy board in my 1050 yet.

I have played with the SIO2PC and the APE software and I'm pretty impressed.

I tested the MyIDE II cart and I'm not sure how to make best use of it. I can't find any detailed instructions for this on the Atari-Max forums.

I have watched the videos but they leave me with more questions than answers. Do I really need a Windows XP PC to format part of the Flash Cart in FAT-32?

What can't I do without a FAT-32 partition? Is there a recommendation for a card reader /writer to format the flash?

Does the Max Flash cart eliminate the need for a WinXP machine and card reader/writer?

Is there a tutorial for this cart that examines the different modes?

I think I can use the Image space without the FAT-32 partition, and I think I can create folders just by treating the MY-DOS partition as a huge Atari drive and just copy files using the SIO2PC.

What I'm not sure about is how I can set up the device to mimic an OSS banked cart, but there are some tutorials on the Atari-Max forums.

I'm sure a few people saw this, and it was overpriced, but I've never seen on on ebay before so I grabbed it:

The one from Canada? yeah i saw that. Did you get anything else with it? He's selling damaged / not working 810's and 1050's for higher than I'm excited about too...

I acquired an 830 as well a year ago starting with only the base unit from a guy that collects a lot of retro stuff... Never saw an accoustic coupler in person before that! It intrigued me, so I spent a year piecing together the other components :) Repaired a broken power connector on it with some solder reflowing, an original atari power supply from ebay (was able to test with a USRobotics Courier modem power supply initially, same rating), a Telelink I Cart from a table at PRGE 2017, and a DTMF western electric desk telephone at the local telephone companys pioneer salvage :) Original 850 manuals cover the 830 from an 850 as they were included as a kit at one point... Might be fun to connect 2 Atari's, 1 with the 830, other with an MPP and get my kids to type messages back and forth or something :)

Just some bags....

WOOHOO..... I was very lucky to be on time with these....

Both are brand new never used and original.

I asked the seller how he got them and he told me his father in law was head of sales for large customers at Atari Germany in the late 80s/early 90s and that he had passed away about a year ago and these thing surfaced.........

Does modern Atari even have merchandise like this? I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was available.

The one from Canada? yeah i saw that. Did you get anything else with it? He's selling damaged / not working 810's and 1050's for higher than I'm excited about too...

I acquired an 830 as well a year ago starting with only the base unit from a guy that collects a lot of retro stuff... Never saw an accoustic coupler in person before that! It intrigued me, so I spent a year piecing together the other components :) Repaired a broken power connector on it with some solder reflowing, an original atari power supply from ebay (was able to test with a USRobotics Courier modem power supply initially, same rating), a Telelink I Cart from a table at PRGE 2017, and a DTMF western electric desk telephone at the local telephone companys pioneer salvage :) Original 850 manuals cover the 830 from an 850 as they were included as a kit at one point... Might be fun to connect 2 Atari's, 1 with the 830, other with an MPP and get my kids to type messages back and forth or something :)

Nothing but the 830, but it looks clean and nothing rattles around. Smaller in person than I thought it would be. No PS.

I just want to get an 810 and then stick my 800 with an 810, 850 and 830 and a nice old Bell Phone on a spare desk and then look at them every once in a while.

I can't even use it as I have VOIP and got rid of my copper phone lines many years ago.

Maybe find that 40 col thermal printer too someday.

I'm sure a few people saw this, and it was overpriced, but I've never seen on on ebay before so I grabbed it:

Nice - I also just acquired one. Regarding the Indy 500 controller. Only 8-bit computer to support it is the awesome Tempest Extreme. 2600, Indy 500 (hence the controller name) is IIRC the only game to use it. However, it is also a must own. If ou have a 2600, you damn well better have Indy 500 and that controller.

• Like 3

Nothing but the 830, but it looks clean and nothing rattles around. Smaller in person than I thought it would be. No PS.

I just want to get an 810 and then stick my 800 with an 810, 850 and 830 and a nice old Bell Phone on a spare desk and then look at them every once in a while.

I can't even use it as I have VOIP and got rid of my copper phone lines many years ago.

I used my xm301 (once) with google voice thru a voip obihai adapter. It worked perfectly, modems might not work at higher speeds, but 300 baud should work thru VOIP.

I also got a 830 , clean it and that 's it , I still need to get a power supply and a Bell telephone to try it.

I wouldn’t look for an 820 unless you want to spend $250 or more. They come up on eBay about twice a year, and they are usually broken.

Yesterday I purchased:

670498a19f61505ebc30f998e7e0dbbf.png

Now I’ll have a second Trak Ball for Xari Arena!

• Like 2

Nice - I also just acquired one. Regarding the Indy 500 controller. Only 8-bit computer to support it is the awesome Tempest Extreme. 2600, Indy 500 (hence the controller name) is IIRC the only game to use it. However, it is also a must own. If ou have a 2600, you damn well better have Indy 500 and that controller.

Yeah...the 2600 I bought about 6 years had a boxed copy of Indy 500 but there was no driving controller....so at least I can use it with that.

I can not justify something like 60 euros for a A8 video game so no Tempest for me....

Feels very precise and rugged Auto-fire and Turbo-fire work perfectly two extra D-pad attachments add extra comfort options

Tried lots of game genres not a single issue detected

YouTube review

My score 8/10 as it's a little over priced

Gamepad-_Boomerang-103-for-_ATARI-_XL-_X

Not tested yet
Vintage-_Joystick-_Fire-speed-adjuster.j

Edited by 256 colors

LMK if that auto-fire unit works with your A8 because I bought a Pointmaster one recently that works on my 2600 but not with my XLs.

I just did a quick test on Shamus works a treat

Bad new is i can't see or find any branding on the unit and only one on eBay as far as i know

Says it's for Commodore and Atari looks similar too dunno if it's worth the punt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gemini-Rapid-Fire-VG169-Continuous-Fire-Adapter-Atari-2600-Commodore/202418078172?hash=item2f210ec1dc:g:lsUAAOSw899bhWfo

Edited by 256 colors
  • Like 1

I just did a quick test on Shamus works a treat

A bit OT, but in Shamus it works better to hold down the fire button and tap the joystick to fire. That will keep you stationary and usually keep you safely out of harm's way while you finish off most of your adversaries. Autofire is of limited use as you can't have more than two ion-shiv's (=bullets) on screen anyway.

A bit OT, but in Shamus it works better to hold down the fire button and tap the joystick to fire. That will keep you stationary and usually keep you safely out of harm's way while you finish off most of your adversaries. Autofire is of limited use as you can't have more than two ion-shiv's (=bullets) on screen anyway.

Shamus was a game at random really the adjustments in auto-fire speed works

What other games would you recommend i test with?

Edited by 256 colors