IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I got these two (plus a pair of paddles) for $11 plus shipping. The TAC-2 casing has a few deep scratches and I haven't had the chance to test anything yet. I hope they work but at this price I thought it worth the chance.

post-1863-0-84984900-1554499224.jpg

I also got a USB BLASTER with which I hope to be able to flash my ANTONIA board with the newest firmware so that it will be compatible with my UNO Cart.

• Like 4

I got these two (plus a pair of paddles) for $11 plus shipping. The TAC-2 casing has a few deep scratches and I haven't had the chance to test anything yet. I hope they work but at this price I thought it worth the chance.

Holy shit that's a great price for a TAC-2! Those were selling for $25 - $40 just last year last time I checked. They're pretty high-demand sticks for 2600 players. I think I paid $30 or so for mine a couple years ago.

• Like 2

I got some M27C512 UV eproms from China and the guy sent them in a small plastic bag: two feet broken, all feet bent. Fortunately, not a big lost, just few ICs, but I wonder "how is that possible!!!?!!?"

If it's just the 'skinny' bottom part of the pin, and the top 'fatter' part is still intact, you can snip a pin off of some other dud chip and solder it on, overlaying the fat parts together. My brother introduced me to this technique, as he used it as he really needed to get a dump of a rare EPROM with broken pins... I've revived a few EPROMS that otherwise would have been useless with this trick.

I will probably try to save those EPROMs. You know, we love fixing stuff even when it makes no economic sense....

Thanks Nezgar, I'll try your technique.

Btw, finally I followed your advice and got a tl866ii very cheap from a seller located in US. I got lucky I guess. It works with minipro Linux command line tool, as well. Very happy with it so far.

I also got a cheap $6 tooth brush sanitizer, that I use for the original intent, but also works great erasing EPROMs

• Like 2

I will probably try to save those EPROMs. You know, we love fixing stuff even when it makes no economic sense....

Hehe so true. Although it could mean not having to wait weeks for new ones from China. :)

Here's before/after pics of one I repaired a few weeks ago.

post-53052-0-07966000-1554652124_thumb.jpeg

post-53052-0-09888000-1554652130_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

GBS-8200 and 8220 both tested here with VBXE (albeit on PAL systems) and known to work. YMMV regarding latency, artifacts, etc, but I found it perfectly acceptable, and more than acceptable for the price.

I have one on a VBXE and one on my Original Xbox, and they both work really, really well. I haven't tested the latency, but I don't have an artifacts.

I was watching one of Hueyjones's 800XLs the other week. It had a beautiful AWC mechanical keyboard and a nice Wizztronic RAM upgrade. It was very, very tempting but I eventually talked myself out of it because I really don't need another 800XL collecting dust, no matter how nice it is.

• 4 weeks later...

A NOS CX-80 trakball, unopened. Never had one before. Afraid to open it it's so beautiful as it is in the box. :)

I love Millipede but the spiders drive me nuts in how blocky they move it's hard to predict to where they are moving. Hopefully this will help. I recently found a much more smooth Centipede variant but it has its own separate issues iirc. If I could fix one game, it might be Millipede and the terrible blocky motion of the spiders. It's such a fantastic game otherwise.

post-49049-0-17379300-1556848200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 4

I have one on a VBXE and one on my Original Xbox, and they both work really, really well. I haven't tested the latency, but I don't have an artifacts.

Hooked mine GBS-8220 up to the new VBXE in my 1088xel today and it works great. I can see why the chip has a heatsink on it though, it gets quite warm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up this lot to have some spares for my 800XL workhorse.

Besides what's pictured here it came with some additional cartridges and a Best catalog and video cable.

One 800XL is 100% working, one has a key not working and one has the console keys not working.

Nice project for the summer.

post-48851-0-68326500-1559252724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Almerian
  • Like 4

Bought these because some of them appear to be unverified in the A8Pres site.

Should have them in the next few days and once I get my "improved" dumping environment set up (Look for a new post on that "soon"...), I will dump and upload.

post-50483-0-43164600-1559253912_thumb.png

-Todd

• Like 3

No cart to go along with the Lode Runner XE manual? That ones on the rare side afaik. (At least I don't have one lol Edit: woops yes I do, got one NIB from Paul Westpal at PRGE 2017)

Also, can't see to clearly, but those might be the nicer Alps keyboards on the 800XL's?