Jump to content
Ross PK

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Albert said:

An Indus GT with the case, even, that's awesome!  Does it work?  I had two of these bad boys "back in the day"...

 

 ..Al

Nothing in the eBay ad states that it is for parts so it better or it will be returned.

53 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Nice!

 

If this is your first-timer, just try getting a RAMCHARGER (64K ram expansion) and you will see how, gram-by-gram, byte-for-byte, this is simply the best drive ever made for Atari 8-bit computers!

 

Enjoy!

Not a first timer, I have one already.  I bought 3 of the Ram chargers that tf_hh made.  One for the one I have and one for one that I was to get (this one).  One for spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

Nothing in the eBay ad states that it is for parts so it better or it will be returned.

Not a first timer, I have one already.  I bought 3 of the Ram chargers that tf_hh made.  One for the one I have and one for one that I was to get (this one).  One for spare.

Nice!

 

Exact same amount of Ramchargers I also bought from him! Two operational, and one spare...


Enjoy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Nothing in the eBay ad states that it is for parts so it better or it will be returned.

Not a first timer, I have one already.  I bought 3 of the Ram chargers that tf_hh made.  One for the one I have and one for one that I was to get (this one).  One for spare.

 

How did he ship to you?? how much?? I was going to buy one for my Indus but the shipping was 3x the cost of the item.. only wanted to send it to me DHL

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

 

How did he ship to you?? how much?? I was going to buy one for my Indus but the shipping was 3x the cost of the item.. only wanted to send it to me DHL

 

James

I do not recall what the shipping charge was, but the three plus shipping costs $39.88 which converted to 33 Euros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they are 8 euro ea.. so that 9 euro shipping.. thats a bit.. but not outragous.

 

SO have you used the CP/M???

 

I will be ordering.. I have 1 good Indus GT and one that is getting G5 errors, and has a bad display :(

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Well they are 8 euro ea.. so that 9 euro shipping.. thats a bit.. but not outragous.

 

SO have you used the CP/M???

 

I will be ordering.. I have 1 good Indus GT and one that is getting G5 errors, and has a bad display :(

 

James

I have not checked CPM out yet.  I also have the option of running CPM on my ATR 8000s, but have yet to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been always wary of 30+ years old "new' stuff anywhere it shows up....

 

Having said that, I give you my "brand new" 800 Motherboard:

 

91F9261C-3B20-4B34-8888-C1CC02C8D49E.thumb.jpeg.eab67aa0ea62713b87b5299a6f75c6a1.jpeg

 

Last time I saw something as clean and immaculate was.... when I purchased my current 800 (which continues to be like that)... No way I can prove it is actually new, but I simply fail to see (underneath the ad-hoc plastic film) absolutely any signs of prior use, whatsoever. The gloss and shine of the PCB and components is something to be seen... No humidity, no dust, no sludges, no marks, no nothing... 

 

With this missing (and last) puppy, and a brand-new power-board I acquired moons ago, we will be failure-proof for years to come... ;-)

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 400, an 800, an 800XL, a 1200XL, two 1050 drives, another 800XL.  A supposedly "NIB" wico joystick from an ebayer with plausible looking photos, and a handful of carts just because.  A few programming/reference books.  Still waiting on the 400, the 1200XL the 2nd 800XL, and the wico joystick to arrive.

 

Non-ebay: An SIO2PC, a UAV, the Sophia rev C video mod, along with 800XL and 1200XL keyboard mylars from Best.  I think I'm losing my mind.

 

I bought an 800 with an 810 FDD in early 1983, and used them until 21987, when I switched to an IBM PC for a year before switching again to an Atari 520ST (w/2MB memory upgrade).  I used the ST until 1992 when I switched back to PC for good.  Over the late 90's I would break the 800 out periodically for my kids to play with, and ended up throwing the system out when we moved in 2000.  I really regret that...

 

At this point the 8 bit machines are just toys, and I'm having a bit of nostalgic fun.  I think I'm looking at a Side2 cart next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW 800XL. Alps keyboard, Hong Kong Rev C motherboard with the main chips socketed. LOVE this keyboard, my first one!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mrarkus said:

NEW 800XL. Alps keyboard, Hong Kong Rev C motherboard with the main chips socketed. LOVE this keyboard, my first one!

I'm one of the seeming few that liked the 130XE keyboard and thought the 800XL keyboards just felt too stiff, not nice, dunno, felt cheap... until I got an 800XL with Alps keyboard... it's pretty sweet. Was tough to fit tf_hh's 512K RAM board under it though (had to remove the socket solder ANTIC directly to the 512K board to save a few mm of height) but the newest versions should solve that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

I'm one of the seeming few that liked the 130XE keyboard and thought the 800XL keyboards just felt too stiff, not nice, dunno, felt cheap... until I got an 800XL with Alps keyboard... it's pretty sweet. Was tough to fit tf_hh's 512K RAM board under it though (had to remove the socket solder ANTIC directly to the 512K board to save a few mm of height) but the newest versions should solve that. :)

Interesting what feels cheap to different people :)

 

My 16-bit days were spent on 520ST, then 1040ST. Absolutely hated the keyboards. When I finally got a Mega 4, it was a godsend. My father on the other hand loved the ST keyboard, and could care less for the Mega keyboard. That way we never had to fight for the same computer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete in box copy of Doom for the Jaguar (Buy it now copy)  Its in pretty decent condition all around.

Before buying it I was in on the bidding for a auctioned CIB copy and dropped out when it reached $66.00

Ran and bought the Buy It Now copy for $75.00 total. Abit pricey but when I have all that time invested in wanting a copy,bidding on an auction and seeing that there are atleast two others bidding who are more than likely going to sneak in a last second bid before its over,I'll just choose the Buy It Now copy for a few dollars more. Its not even about that money at a point like that,I just hate investing all that time watching,bidding,hoping,just to lose at the last second. Buy It Now was a safe bet for a few bucks more and pretty much the same condition really. 

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mrarkus said:

NEW 800XL. Alps keyboard, Hong Kong Rev C motherboard with the main chips socketed. LOVE this keyboard, my first one!

That is great!!! NEW!.. I got an 800XL with Alps keyboard too few weeks ago, but I had to desolder and clean many many key switches, most of the problems were dirty contacts.

Finally I made all keys work. The problem now is that the keys got to clean and are a pain to type on them (I need to hit them just in the middle). I guess I need to apply some kind of lubricant, but I don't want to desolder, but at the same time I don't want the lubricant to get to the contacts and have problems again....

Anyway, I just want to say congrats, and please post some pictures

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, manterola said:

That is great!!! NEW!.. I got an 800XL with Alps keyboard too few weeks ago, but I had to desolder and clean many many key switches, most of the problems were dirty contacts.

Finally I made all keys work. The problem now is that the keys got to clean and are a pain to type on them (I need to hit them just in the middle). I guess I need to apply some kind of lubricant, but I don't want to desolder, but at the same time I don't want the lubricant to get to the contacts and have problems again....

Anyway, I just want to say congrats, and please post some pictures

 

Thanks :) For some reason, "new" 800XLs are easier to find on eBay than other 8-bits, and they don't cost a fortune. It's my second one, but the first has the Mitsumi keyboard... Here are few pictures of the top case with keyboard, and motherboard (out for socketing and S-Video...)

 

20190815_103736.jpg

20190815_103745.jpg

20190815_103749.jpg

20190815_103903.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, Bikerbob said:

How did he ship to you?? how much?? I was going to buy one for my Indus but the shipping was 3x the cost of the item.. only wanted to send it to me DHL

For potentially cheaper shipping from Germany (where tf_hh is) to US before Sep 11, check this thread:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 4:44 PM, Faicuai said:

Nice!

 

If this is your first-timer, just try getting a RAMCHARGER (64K ram expansion) and you will see how, gram-by-gram, byte-for-byte, this is simply the best drive ever made for Atari 8-bit computers!

 

Enjoy!

@Faicuai, Can you please expand on this? I have an Indus and I bought a ram charger (added it onto an order I was making anyway) but the description when I bought it just said it lets you run CPM on the Indus. 

 

While that is interesting, I get the impression from what you are saying here that there is much more to it than that. I haven’t installed it yet. Sounds like I should?

 

Care to educate me?

 

thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 'Super SyncroMesh' software and RAMCharger, all of that extra RAM in the drive can be used for disk read caching a large portion of the disk at once, instead of only 1 track like most other speeders with buffering capability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toddtmw said:

I get the impression from what you are saying here that there is much more to it than that. I haven’t installed it yet. Sounds like I should?

With the 'Super SyncroMesh' software and RAMCharger, all of that extra RAM in the drive can be used for disk read caching a large portion of the disk at once, instead of only 1 track like most other speeders with buffering capability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to make my own EPROM Programmer, so some 27128 EPROMS and several different TTL and CMOS chips, fun times ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

With the 'Super SyncroMesh' software and RAMCharger, all of that extra RAM in the drive can be used for disk read caching a large portion of the disk at once, instead of only 1 track like most other speeders with buffering capability.

Is super synchromesh a special firmware? Or something I can load onto it some other way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Is super synchromesh a special firmware? Or something I can load onto it some other way?

I have not installed/used it yet myself yet, but the built-in INDUS.SYS driver from SpartaDOS X will kick the Indus into Super Synchromesh mode, but I'm not sure if that also then enables the big disk buffer automatically if the extra ram if present. There's also version of DOS XL with SuperSyncromesh software. They both upload additional code to the drive to give it the extra functionality above that in the ROM.

 

I really should get on installing my RAMChargers so I can speak authoritatively about this... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANOTHER 600XL. This is four for me.. one boxed.. My first Atari back in the day. Remember going to Toys R Us with my dad to pick it out... So it's near and dear to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, adam242 said:

ANOTHER 600XL. This is four for me.. one boxed.. My first Atari back in the day. Remember going to Toys R Us with my dad to pick it out... So it's near and dear to me.

600XLs are my absolute favorite model right now.  I have three.  One is still set aside for some future modding work.  I definitely want to add a monitor port and a UAV board to it as well as some sort of memory/OS upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...