IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I got a good condition Ultima IV with the cloth map. It came with a busted up 1050 (supposedly in good cosmetic condition....yeah right...the cover fell off when I opened the box) and a few album games....Centipede and Basic carts and a Databyte power supply (that's shot). I was really only after the Ultima game.

4 x SF354 DISK DRIVE new in box

:-o A combined 1440 KB of raw online storage power. (assuming you have 4 open outlets on your power strip)

Shame that ATARI didn't get around to releasing the A8 version (if you seem some of the original 130xe packaging, the very early ones, a prototype of the A8 version is shown)

All that needed doing was adding an SIO port (or selling it with a DIN- SIO port adapter and a modded XF or 1050 o/s)

4 x SF354 DISK DRIVE new in box

:-o A combined 1440 KB of raw online storage power. (assuming you have 4 open outlets on your power strip)

Shame that ATARI didn't get around to releasing the A8 version (if you seem some of the original 130xe packaging, the very early ones, a prototype of the A8 version is shown)

All that needed doing was adding an SIO port (or selling it with a DIN- SIO port adapter and a modded XF or 1050 o/s)

I think the reason they didn't release this was that no previously written software could use it. I think the XF551 made better sense for them because of the compatibility issue. If the XEs were their only line of computers and it was in the beginning or middle stage of it's life they might have risked it. But not that late in the game. It sure would have been nice though. I sure would love to have a modded ST drive to work with my XEs though. I wonder if I could get my Bob Puff modded XF551 to fit in an ST case?

Allan

Finally received my last eBay item: 5200 Pengo, MIB.

And unlike last weekend's "NIB" Gorf, this one isn't covered in mold, so I'm happy! :)

I pulled the shrink wrap off, and put Pengo in the 5200. It seems different than the 8-bit version I'm used to. It seems more difficult. But maybe it's just my faulty memory. It's been years since I played Pengo.

Either way, I'm happy with this purchase. :)

post-11281-1240016146_thumb.jpg

And the Kurta touch tablet mentioned in another thread.

I will upload the .cas image of Intruder as soon as I can get my hands on a cassette player (unless there is a way to do it directly using SIO2PC)

Nice. I was strongly thinking about bidding on the cassettes. I've bought (literally) over 100 boxed games in the past 2 weeks, so I'm trying to hold back a bit, even when they are rares. Still, those two games look very nice. I love seeing very early titles.

post-11281-1240016146_thumb.jpg

And the Kurta touch tablet mentioned in another thread.

I will upload the .cas image of Intruder as soon as I can get my hands on a cassette player (unless there is a way to do it directly using SIO2PC)

Nice. I was strongly thinking about bidding on the cassettes. I've bought (literally) over 100 boxed games in the past 2 weeks, so I'm trying to hold back a bit, even when they are rares. Still, those two games look very nice. I love seeing very early titles.

Thanks for not bidding against me! :)

I have a personal connection with Inhome, I knew one of the principals quite well, in addition to being heavily involved in the HBO Atari users group with Cope and Morris helped found. (As well, Alien Swarm was the first video game I ever owned!)

I used to play Alien Swarm to death. Fun little game.

We do have a dump of Intruder! in the pipeline as well but ours would be for the disk version. A tape file of the game would be fantastic so we could preserve both releases :)

Two other Inhome Software games are still missing: Alien Numbers and Math Pack. Do you have them by any chance?

Thanks!

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Well not an Evilbay thing but I did pickup a 65XE at a fleamarket couple weeks ago for $15, got manual and PS for it too but keyboard need fixing, and it could use a new badge, the existing one has split in the fuji logo. Still its a nice find. First Atari related thing I've bought in about 5 years too. Now if I could find another couple floppy drives or some other storage.

Atari ADD-A-PAK / KX-7102 THE ARCADE CHAMP (not easy to find !!)

happy :cool:

http://www.rhod.fr/pages/the-arcade-champ.html

I think we bought that originally back in the 80s. I still have the joysticks, case and probably game too. I do not have the box though. This brings back memories. We did not know these things would be rare though.