IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

well the 800xl cost me nothing and the RF on it does not work, and the vic has a couple of carts and a cassette recorder with it, the last couple of vic 20's have sold for £40+ on ebay UK.

The Saturn is fully modded with a swichless region free mod, light gun, games, 2 controllers, boxed, these go for £60+, and 400's go for a similar price.(although this one was bought not working and was an easy fix+I have 3 other 400s!)

Latest 'computer recyclers' lot:

1027 printer with solid print head

800xl

1200xl, bad cosmetic condition. Broken key and missing/bent aluminum strips. (Yorgle????? Got and extra case & keyboard hangin' around?? LOL)

The following came in as a set:

520ST

SF354

SC1224 version 2 (Detachable power and monitor cables)

All power and connection cables, mouse and about 10 boxed software titles, mostly games. Will have to go through and see if there is anything rare. I know one is the Temple of Apshai Trilogy.

Cost? None. Birthday present!!!

ATARI Light Gun (hard to find package !!)

ATARI Ringbinder "Field Service Manual"

photos : http://rhodblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/nouveautes-8/

:cool:

others Light Gun packages

http://www.rhod.fr/pages/atari/C100449.html (XE)

http://www.rhod.fr/pages/atari/G1.html (2600 / 7800)

Wow, brand new. That's hard to find. I once bought a light gun advertised for Atari but although it has 9-pin connector, it doesn't seem to work with Bug Hunt. It's also smaller in size.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice... I payed essentially the same thing (incl postage) not long ago for an XEGS without keyboard.

My latest was a couple of weeks ago - keypad and Star Raiders cart for the 2600. Mainly wanted the keypad. That makes probably 4 carts that I've bought for the 2600 but never tested.

Pending Paypal/post, bought another A520 modulator... will have to see if I can mod it to work with VBXE, will come in handy for doing video captures rather than fumbling about with the camera.

The modulator sounds interesting.

I may have to set up a separate thread entitled "How is Jon going justify to his wife buying XE number 3". Suggestions appreciated. My original limit had been £25, but with about ten seconds to go I suddenly thought that was rather mean. £32.01 was my winning bid.

• 2 weeks later...

A non-working 1050... oh well. It's the first non-working one I've EVER gotten from ebay. Looks like the 12V power supply. I can see where something got in there and shorted the board to the power on/off switch. Looks like Coke. Time to get out the Multi-meter.

Whats the scart output of the 7800 like? Just tested the 7800 I got from ebay yesterday this morning, the rf output has a lot of interference it could probably do with being modified for RGB out.

Any one in the UK do these mods?

Barnie

RGB Scart Colecovision + another RGB Scart Atari 7800:D

Whats the scart output of the 7800 like? Just tested the 7800 I got from ebay yesterday this morning, the rf output has a lot of interference it could probably do with being modified for RGB out.

Any one in the UK do these mods?

Barnie

RGB Scart Colecovision + another RGB Scart Atari 7800:D

No one does the RGB mod to my knowledge, they are an official Atari product, I think it is some sort of piggyback board that they used, maybe I should take one apart and see if it can be reproduced.?. Options for the UK 7800's are limited to the composite/s-video mod, but that is nowhere near as good as the image quality you get from an official Atari RGB 7800, and most LCD tv's do a terrible job with the out of spec output from the 7800, if you can get a picture at all.. And you are right, the rf output on UK 7800's is terrible, much much worse than my Heavy sixer,130xe,jaguar, colecovision etc etc.

I may be tempted to sell my spare once it has arrived and checks out ok.

If I get time one day I will post some pictures of the RGB output

Have not posted to this thread in a long time. I have not been dormant! I just haven't gotten anything noteworthy enough to share.

But - here's something I would have bet did not exist in the wild:

post-11578-125999077944_thumb.jpg

I know Zork Trilogy was fairly widely distributed for other platforms, and I know it was advertised in the catalog as being available for the Atari XL/XE, but I had always thought it didn't actually come out for the A8. I guess it did since here it is!

This is the first one I've seen in the wild. Not as rare as I thought I suppose.