IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

My £5 M1921a arrived:

post-21964-0-19780700-1307442263_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I had to be quick with the camera, since the monitor does indeed power cycle without assistance every ten seconds or so. I've already took it apart... nothing to see. You hear an audible click from the speaker when it happens, so it seems like it's a power down cycle. I'm suspecting a PSU issue... who knows. I guess these things are difficult to fix. :(

Replacement power boards from HK are just a tad expensive for me at the moment. Might it be worth replacing all the caps?

Edited by flashjazzcat

Does anybody know who the woman on the right is? She is famous.

Allan

None other than Roberta Williams - the owner of Sierra On-Line itself! (and creator of the King's Quest series amoung others)

And looking at his photo in my pdf copy of Sierra News V2#2 it appears the waiter is Ken Williams.

Does anybody know who the woman on the right is? She is famous.

Allan

None other than Roberta Williams - the owner of Sierra On-Line itself! (and creator of the King's Quest series amoung others)

And looking at his photo in my pdf copy of Sierra News V2#2 it appears the waiter is Ken Williams.

No, it's a real waiter. Check out the book: Hackers - it's all in there, even an interesting bit about the Apple animosity inside Sierra from developers who wanted to code strictly for the Atari platform.

The difference is that that item is actually rare, and thus has a high collector value..

The crap you were buying was fairly common by comparisson.

Well, you know what they say about "a fool and his money..." or maybe it's "he who has the gold..."

Winning bid: US $63.53

Just scooped my fourth XEGS eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106992623951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110699262395&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]. IMHO, the best A8 out of the box...

Vintage Atari XE Game System w Accessories With Operators Manual

8 Games:

Bug Hunt

Lode Runner

Flight Simulator II (with manual)

Food Fight (with manual)

Donkey Kong

Joust

Final Legacy

Also included: CX2646 Pac Man (not for XE) and 1979 Space Armada 1979 Mattel (not for XE)

EVERYTHING WORKS. TESTED

Winning bid: US $63.53

Just scooped my fourth XEGS eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1106992623951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110699262395&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]. IMHO, the best A8 out of the box...

Vintage Atari XE Game System w Accessories With Operators Manual

8 Games:

Bug Hunt

Lode Runner

Flight Simulator II (with manual)

Food Fight (with manual)

Donkey Kong

Joust

Final Legacy

Also included: CX2646 Pac Man (not for XE) and 1979 Space Armada 1979 Mattel (not for XE)

EVERYTHING WORKS. TESTED

Your fourth? Man, I can't score one. :(

Usually I get snaked at the end of the Auction. It happens.

That comes from thinking too hard. Figure out the max you would pay and final click the bid with 5s left. If you win, you win. If not, it sold for more than you want to spend and you try again later. The one from last night was something I stumbled across. Didn't need it, but, for the right price...

A realtor once told me your house should always have a for sale sign in front in case someone wants it a lot worse than you.