IGNORED

Anyone playThe History Channel Civil War on PS2?

kyle

I can't find any real reviews for the game on PS2. And all the ones i read for the game on the 360 say it sucks. So has anyone played it on the PS2? If so is it fun? I'm not a big fan of first person shooters but i do love civil war stuff so i was thinking of getting the game.

My bro just bought it and he's a cival war nut and reinactor. He's says it's awesome and really authentic, with long weapon reloads and ALOT of black powder smokeSometimes authentic isn't always fun, which is why many mainstream gamers say it sucks!(what!? no lasar guns????) . Cival War fans will love it though. I say the smoke from the weapons make the game awesome from videos i've seen. I've shot and old 1800's colt pitol and there is a ton of black powder smoke for each shot and the game recreates that quit well. Cival War looks a lot better than previous attemps at the genre.

Edited by ManShowBoy

I have found a few player reviews online for the PS2 port and they all sound good. Yet no officail reviews for the PS2. So i dunno? Maybe it's good on the PS2 and sucks on the 360? Oh well i think i'll add it to my chritsmas list to my wife LoL.

Edited by kyle

i'm hoping to get the game as a stocking stuffer.....since i am a big FPS fan and a big Civil War buff....i love all the medal of honors and this game seems to look alot like them.....as for the authenticity, the story has some true elements but as for the reload times.......should be more like 15-20 seconds, and thats if you could reload FAST back then

but as for the reload times.......should be more like 15-20 seconds, and thats if you could reload FAST back then

The skilled shooter (meaning everyone in the militia) could fire at least three shots in under a minute. So, no, 15-20 seconds isn't fast. Maybe for a hunter, yes, but not for the army.

but as for the reload times.......should be more like 15-20 seconds, and thats if you could reload FAST back then

The skilled shooter (meaning everyone in the militia) could fire at least three shots in under a minute. So, no, 15-20 seconds isn't fast. Maybe for a hunter, yes, but not for the army.

:ponder: hunter......but it was all about the bushwhackers and snipers :cool:

the weapons did not have the range they do today........but they DID have the range enough to where if you were good enough, you could put yourself in a tree and pick off people. maybe the preferred term is sharpshooter for Civil War era snipers.....one good example of a sniper is the unknown Confederate sharpshooter who, on July 1st 1863, during the battle of Gettysburg, shot General John Reynolds from his horse and thus led the First Corps to back down until Hancock was put in charge.

sorry for the ranting......my major is in history so i tend to get into lecture mode when it comes to this stuff....especially military history

the weapons did not have the range they do today........but they DID have the range enough to where if you were good enough, you could put yourself in a tree and pick off people. maybe the preferred term is sharpshooter for Civil War era snipers.....one good example of a sniper is the unknown Confederate sharpshooter who, on July 1st 1863, during the battle of Gettysburg, shot General John Reynolds from his horse and thus led the First Corps to back down until Hancock was put in charge.

sorry for the ranting......my major is in history so i tend to get into lecture mode when it comes to this stuff....especially military history

Ah, sharpshooter was probably the word I was looking for, when I said "bushwacker". Yes, and I agree that that is definitely the coolest job in the civil war by far. I thought you were talking about sniper as in, someone who had the advantage due to sheer range of weapon.

almost all my ancestors were killed in action during the Civil War, on my dad's mother's side...there were five brothers who fought for the Confederacy in the Missouri militia and four died during the First Battle of Booneville....if the fifth brother had died also, I wouldn't be here right now