IGNORED

Intellivision power cable required.

PINMAN

Hi guys.Last weekend,at one of my local Bootfairs,i picked up an intellivision,along with 6 boxed games.I didn't intend to purchase any additional retro gaming stuff(since it's taking over the house as it is :D ),but at a mere £5,i'm afraid that the temptation,was just far too great.I thought to myself,that if it turns out that the console doesn't work,i'd at least(probably)be able to get my money back with the boxed games,via Ebay ;) .

Anyway,it was a bloody cold day,and i had almost been around the whole of the Bootfair,and it was getting to the point,where i just wanted to get home.Because of this,i didn't check the contents properly,and when i got back home,i discovered that there was no power cable for it ....although the cable that goes between the console and the TV,was present....shame it wasn't the other way around :( .

Other than Ebay(since i've already checked there),does anyone know where i'd be able to obtain one ?.Or maybe one of you guys has one of these things,laying around doing nothing,that you could sell to me :)

I thought that the power cable on the intellivision was hardwired. It's not coiled around the base, is it?

Maybe you got a version II. In that event, check this out for a replacement (slow page, but works)

http://www.vidgame.net/misc_utility/cross_ref.htm

Sorry for the confusion(due to my bad wording/discription).It's not a version II console,i'm 100% sure of that....it's just the common gold coloured front,Intellivision.The power supply itself,is actually within the unit.The lead that i require,just goes from the mains power supply,and then into the back of the Iintellivision,to supply it's power :) .

That is odd. You described a classic model 1 Intellivision and they used hard wired power cable. If it's missing, either it's been tucked inside (plenety of empty space inside) or it was cut off.

If it was cut off, you could replace it with almost anything. Go to a second hand shop and look for cheap ugly lamp, lone power cord for a long gone Playstation console, or a broken curling iron and cut the cord off then wire it in the Intellivision.

Anyway it's just a standard "radiopowercable" like for the XBOX or PS2.

Yep,it certainly is like a radio power cable(the shape at the rear of the console where the cable plugs in),like a figure 8 in shape.I wasn't aware of the fact that i'd only need something simular in design,since i'm totally hopeless with this kinda stuff,and just assumed that i'd need an official cable for it,rather than any old one which resembled the correct design.

He's also in the UK. They must have had removable power cords over there.

Well,this one sure does.....i guess that that's a standard thing over here in the UK,with the Intellivision.I've never owned one before,and have never had any friends that have had one either,so i'm obviously just guessing that this is the case.

You should be able to pick up a generic radio cable that uses same shaped plug, It's just 2 insulated wires that connects the wall outlet to the Intellivision unit, nothing else.

Thanks,i'll pick one up within the next day or two.Cheers to all for your replies,i appreciate it.

• Like 1