IGNORED

Buy Pac-Man Collection for the 7800!

Trebor

Linked to the store and ordered my copy. This is going to be one of the 7800's greatest carts now.

I emailed my friend the link and he was like what the hell,they still make games for that system? He thought it was pretty neat,but a little weird. Not so much if you own and enjoy the system though,I love the fact that were still getting new games for this console.

Imagine some NES ports down the line :)

The more the better. ;) The NES had so many good games,damn the possibilities.

Abit off topic but I really hope that someday someone makes a 7800 version of Moon Patrol for the 7800,one of the best games ever to me.

Hopefully the added publicity won't kill the game. Stories from that blog get posted to digg on a regular basis...I wonder how long it takes Namco to contact AA...Maybe they'll just leave us alone.

Glad I already ordered mine :)

Edited by Lord Helmet

Hopefully the added publicity won't kill the game...I wonder how long it takes Namco to contact AA...Maybe they'll just leave us alone.

I thought the same, let sleeping dogs lie...

But cool anyway ;)

This seems like, and always has seemed like, a silly idea. Stopping the sale of your games on platforms a lot of people own or could buy (i.e. illegal plug and plays, or PCs) makes sense. You could lose money there. However, the type of people buying PacMan for the 7800 or other games for the 2600 are going to also buy compilations Namco releases anyway. We love these old games enough to spend money buying them for dead systems; it will not take away from the desire to buy it on Xbox Live Arcade or in the, awsome, Namco GBA collections. I have a version of Bob's PacMan, NES PacMAn, 2600 PacMan, the GBA PacMan collection, spin off PacMan World stuff, and even PacMan World Rally. The only way this collection could impact on my decision to buy more PacMAn stuff is if Namco made me upset with them for punishing the homebrew community.

99.9% of people who would buy Namco PacMan collections don't even have a 7800 anyway.

Edited by Atarifever

Sad thing is that Bob tried to get in touch with Namco...and they never gave him the time of day. It would be really sad if they decided to flex their muscle now, after they already had a chance to work something out ahead of time.

There's always the chance they didn't reply as a sign of them not minding it. If they gave him specific permission it could set a precedent that would not be good for them. However, if they just ignore it everyone is happy.

I think NAMCO's silence is a good sign!

They'll pretend it doesn't exist.

In the grand scheme of the universe, it doesn't really matter to them.

Homebrews like this are nice, but they will not make or brake NAMCO.

If NAMCO wants to spin this, they could mention it as proof of the timelessness of their franchises and wear the "good-guys" badge. Heck they could even even include this in a future PAC-MAN compilation. What are the odds that they'll release yet another compilation??

Just ordered mine, and I certainly hope my money order arrives before Namco does something.

I was going to wait til after Christmas to order this and the Satna Simon cart, but with news of this release getting out, I wanted to make sure I could get my hands on the Pac Man Collection.

Hopefully it won't cause a stir.

I've played a couple of the games on it via RAM cart and homemade carts, and they are arcade quality, IMHO.

I do have a final question, though: For the completist, is this collection going to replace the number of single game only carts, or will the perfectionist still be able to order those as well?

(This comes from someone who has Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and World Class Track Meet for the NES on three separate carts...)

I'm not sure what Walter said but I just tested it on one of my PAL 7800s and it's playable but buggy.

The sound and gameplay are both rather sluggish, the screen is centered too high so that you can't see the score at the top and there is garbage at the bottom.

Bob, if you want to borrow a PAL 7800 for a month or so let me know. :)

Mitch

I'm not sure what Walter said but I just tested it on one of my PAL 7800s and it's playable but buggy.

The sound and gameplay are both rather sluggish, the screen is centered too high so that you can't see the score at the top and there is garbage at the bottom.

Mitch

He said that he tested it on his PAL system with the Cuttle Cart 2 and aside from a line on the side of the screen, it works fine.

Mitch

He said that he tested it on his PAL system with the Cuttle Cart 2 and aside from a line on the side of the screen, it works fine.

Thanks. I guess his PAL TV has some auto center feature that fixes the problem I had. I'm curious to see how it works for other PAL users.

Mitch

so........

Did anybody get theirs yet?

If all is right in the universe, I'll have mine soon, AA has always shipped my orders out nice and fast in the past. I got my beef drop, megafast!

When someone gets theirs, chime in and rub our noses in it! LOL!!