IGNORED

AtariAge Ranks

Alex

@saikyo- If people only come here to complain about post ranks, then they've picked the wrong forum.  ;)

Complaining? me? no way gimme a break if I was complaining then I wouldn't even

be here in the first place I enjoy coming here to AtariAge and I was coming in

to the conservation and having a chat, whats wrong with that? :?

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

I feel there is nothing at all wrong with the current rank & post counter system. Thats a standard feature of the phpbb board, though it can be customised.

I would understand the reason itchy fingers and giving the board a new look. I suggest load some more stlyes, like this one ;-)

I agree, the risk of doubling the hell of that-famous-auction-site's feedback system is high. Better pass on voting other people's posts, methinks.

As for the ranking, they're not fundamental, though seeing with a glimpse that a poster is new to a community - or to forums themselves - may help. That is: a newby should be treated more gently, since he may not be able to find the information he needs at first try and don't know who is expert in which matter.

Unfortunately, many people is very rude with newbies with or without ranking - but that's another story.

I like the current ranking system. While voting on posts is an interesting idea, I think its better not to do it as it will discourage people from participating in the long run. I feel alot of newbies will receive no votes no matter what. When you first enter a new social circle, you don't know what the accepted norms are. The only way you find out sometimes is accidentally making an ass out of yourself. Because of this there are quite a few dumb posts... I've put up my fair share. My guess is that a voting system would certainly skew votes against new people and cause them to lose interest.

Aaron

• 4 months later...