IGNORED

Ever just kick yourself for making a stupid purchase (or sale)?

Room 34

I rarely regreat getting anything. But I almost always regreat getting rid of stuff. I went though 3 GameGears, and while it over all isn't a very good at the time, it was the only sourse portable Sonic games, which at the time I was really big into.

I learned a long time ago, if your going to be a true gamer, you can't get rid of ANYTHING (except dupes)

Edited by Video

I went though 3 GameGears, and while it over all isn't a very good at the time, it was the only sourse portable Sonic games, which at the time I was really big into.

You could have gotten a Game.com... :ponder: :P

Actually, didn't you say you had one? Was Sonic Jam the deciding factor on that purchase? If so, did you regret that purchase once you had the chance to play it?

Actually, I Do have a game.com, but that come out in 97, so I don't know if that's a fair comparrison to the GG or not(don't remember if those were still around in 97 or not) Sonic was barely playable, but at the time I bought mine, I didn't know sonic was even on it, so it wasn't a deciding factor in my purchase. Many of the games on the .com were dissappointing, but the hardware itself I liked. And I fell in love with a lot of games on it.

But the truth is, I bougt the game.com, out of curiosity, I wasn't even interested in it, till I found out there was an internet cart for it, and again, I bougt the thing on clearance, and didn't pay more than $5 or so per game for it. I could see someone being dissappointed if they paid the original $30-$35 or so per game though :P I actually was in a Toys R Us and saw the thing next to an internet cart, and was like "NO WAY, COOL"

Oh, and the internet thing worked about how I expected it to, Ok for text sites, poorly for pretty much anything else. At the time I could use it to get on and check my hotmail account, and go to my board, so it worked well for what I wanted ot for. I bet it won't work on Hotmail now though, as that pretty much won't work on anything short of a computer now.

Oh yeah, there's the Virtual boy, I bought that on clearance too, but I could see being dissappointed in that if you paid full price to. In fact, in the handheld universe, the only systems I've ever paid full price for, were gameboy's various versions. Oh, and one GameGear, early on. I guess I could say I was dissappointed in that, as I did sell it. :\

I guess most of my dissappointments were due to somthing be canceled to early. Virtual Boy had a bunch of great games coming, that never came cause it was canned. Same with the game.com, but there, it would depend if they actually worked on the games to make them good like RE... The Dreamcast, I actually stayed away from cause of how sega prematurely dropped every other console befor it, but it was as good as the PS2 IMO at the time, when I bought one on clearance (lotta clearance stuff at my house)

Oh, there was one full priced purchase that I was really pissed (more than dissappointed) at. That was the NeoGeo Pocket Color. Through no fault of it's own. It was a decent handheld, and had a pretty much 100% quality library of games. And with NeoGeo's known 'pretty much infinate' support for their hardware, I figured it would be a safe bet. I bought one, and it was pulled from store shelves the very next day. I don't mean it was canceled... I mean they physically took all the stock out of stores. As I said, that was NeoGeo's fault, not the system or the games. Bastards, I'll never buy another one of their products new.

Edited by Video

• 2 months later...

I have bought a lot of crappy games over the years. I never regret it as the game rounds out my collections. But, that dosn't mean I have to play it.

Hear hear. If it sucks you play it once and file it away, and that's that.

State of Emergency. The first hour i thought was awesome......then i realized you just do the same thing over and over again...... :ponder:

Before I was "in the scene" with Atari and vintage games, I sold a huge lot of Atari games on ebay in the late 90s. In this lot was a perfect condition NTSC Obelix and when the buyer received the package, he thanked me for sending it so fast and so forth and then pulled the final punch.....the lot also had a Gravitar in it, yeah, silver. :|

I look back now and say good for him though, I live and I learn.

We all do. :thumbsup:

State of Emergency. The first hour i thought was awesome......then i realized you just do the same thing over and over again...... :ponder:

Oh, I missed the above quote when reading through this. I second State Of Emergency. I remember actually spending $50 on that steaming turd.

I guess they marketed right because at the time, it was a must have for me. I was also a lot younger then. ;)

I have bought a lot of crappy games over the years. I never regret it as the game rounds out my collections. But, that dosn't mean I have to play it.

Hear hear. If it sucks you play it once and file it away, and that's that.

That is very true. I have a console (won't mention which one) that I purchased which falls into this category. Most of the games I buy for it are the play it a few times and put it away types, but I still would like to complete the console's library.

Still, as a whole, I'm thinking this particular console is probably going to be one of the first ones to remain displayed, yet be disconnected from the television.

I don't regret buying the console or the games I own at all, though. They are just a part of collecting classic games. Yup, some games sucked even before EA started making DS titles.

buying , selling, buying, selling, buying, selling, then buying and selling again a playstation/psone.

buying gt 2 oh about 4 times , each time remembering i hated the game but thought it was pretty and the music was good, so maybe i should give it another shot. like many others im trying not to buy 4 for the ps2, ive owned 3 and sold it.

selling my super nintendo with my bomberman II, multitap, kirby super stars, mario rpg, etc etc for like... 30 bucks when the 64 was a couple years old to get a pocket gameboy (which is also gone) at a funcoland.

selling Dracula X for the saturn.. even though it sucked to play .. not a castlevania fan.

i also thought shining force III sucked... sold my first copy, which was mint for 90 bucks.. not horrible, but still.. wish my original still was there all minty nice at least to sit in my collection.

recently, buying a , with shipping, 39 dollar saturn bundle... a saturn with no controllers and wires, with 7 games and a steering wheel.. i got it as it had panzer dragoon (US version, i have the second game in import form) and the steering wheel. the other games where fighters megamix (already have) and a bunch of shitty sports games. i guess for the wheel and panzer it wasnt bad, but damn.. i really didnt have the money in the first place.

buying disgaea for the ps2 as well. i mean i wanted it, and the fact i found it was a rarity, but still.. again, im on a buying rampage and i really should stop. tomorrow im shipping out the m/o for the saturn bundle and a playstation bundle i got here on AA.. then im going to try to stop lol.

Oh, I missed the above quote when reading through this. I second State Of Emergency. I remember actually spending $50 on that steaming turd.

I guess they marketed right because at the time, it was a must have for me. I was also a lot younger then. ;)

With taxes I spent $90 on this game. Yeah that's right 90 bucks....(games at least back then were very expensive here in canada). I bought this game because of all the Grand Theft Auto 3 hype.....I thought this game was going to be similar and just as good (if not better).....since rockstar published it.....oh well....and they did a sequel too....i passed on it..... :D

I sold off a bunch of PS2 games that i didn't want to hang on to anymore. I regretted doing that later (too much money was spent on them....didn't get much back :( ). Most of the games I got rid of were crap, but I sold devil may cry. i don't know why I did I liked the game, and now I want that one back. :D I never bothered with the 2 sequels so now I have an excuse to pick up the box set. :cool:

Isn't there some kind of religious saying about kids? Oh yeah, here it is:

Children are to be beaten and not heard.

:D

I hate that I traded away some of my Atari 2600 games back in the late 1980s in my search for games I never played before. If I would have known that I would get to try just about every Atari 2600 game ever made a little over 10 years later, I could have kept the games I had.

I also hate that I sold my VIC-20 and everything that went with it and later gave away my two Commodore 64s and all of the extra stuff I had for them.