IGNORED

Atari Karts

Shawn

Hey All,

I REALLY want a to get a hold of a copy of Atari Karts (even loose) as my wife loves the mario kart games and I told her this one is like it and she is actually intrested in playing Atari Karts now so I'm wonding what is the going rate for a loose cart of Atari Karts and also what is a CIB one go for? I see one on ebay in a store for like $60 bucks and $20 ship, so $80 total and that seems kinda crazy isn't it?

Shawn

Hey All,

I REALLY want a to get a hold of a copy of Atari Karts (even loose) as my wife loves the mario kart games and I told her this one is like it and she is actually intrested in playing Atari Karts now so I'm wonding what is the going rate for a loose cart of Atari Karts and also what is a CIB one go for? I see one on ebay in a store for like $60 bucks and $20 ship, so $80 total and that seems kinda crazy isn't it?

Shawn

I got mine loose on eBay last month for 15$ including shipping. Just keep an eye open and I'm sure you'll find a cheap copy eventually.

FWIW, IMO the SNES Super Mario Kart is significantly better (i.e. more fun) than Atari Karts. The two games are very similar too.
Atari Karts would have been so much better if the tracks/powerups/obstacles weren't all paintings on a FLAT surface, and if there had been weapons and a better selection of characters (although Atari does get points for including Bentley Bear).

That seems to be the problem with a lot of Jaguar games: they come close to being great but are missing those little touches that would have made them really great. What they have is fine, but they always seem to need more.

FWIW, IMO the SNES Super Mario Kart is significantly better (i.e. more fun) than Atari Karts. The two games are very similar too.

To be totally honest its not worth much seeing as Mario Kart isn't on the Jag :ponder:

Well, if you have a SNES, I'd say it is worth pondering... :roll:

Just for the record, I've always had a soft spot for Atari AND have long been anti-Nintendo (mainly because their systems are pathetically bad at having the kinds of genres of games that I like), so my statement has nothing to do with being anti-Atari, anti-Jaguar, and/or pro-Nintendo.

To be totally honest its not worth much seeing as Mario Kart isn't on the Jag :ponder:

Just for the record, I've always had a soft spot for Atari AND have long been anti-Nintendo (mainly because their systems are pathetically bad at having the kinds of genres of games that I like), so my statement has nothing to do with being anti-Atari, anti-Jaguar, and/or pro-Nintendo.

Whatever and keep your emericons to yourself pal, I'm all stocked up here on my end.

Whatever and keep your emericons to yourself pal, I'm all stocked up here on my end.

your not missing out on much, it bad mario kart clone in my books with bad clipping and collision detection. The maps are bland, bought it and played it for about 30 mins before the feelin of it being utter crap settled in ....

if you can find it cheap, it worth checking out, cheap meaning 10-15 bux.

also for you to get the true fell a pro controller is needed as the shoulder buttons do the lean in like mario kart.

also for you to get the true fell a pro controller is needed as the shoulder buttons do the lean in like mario kart.

Thanks for the heads up about the pro controller use. If I do eventually find it Atari Karts your 100 percent right, I will need a pro controller to play it the way I want as the shoulder buttons would be a must.

Gee, I must be the odd-one out from the crowd again. I think it's a decent but unexciting cart racer.... but I love the graphics! It's some serious eye-candy.

I bought a new copy recently for about $70 and don't regret it - I've put in a lot of time playing it and keep coming back to it.

I thought it was pretty good. It's quite polished for a Jag game. It has great music and cool graphics. It is nearly unplayable without a Procontroller so I think that's why most people have such a low opinion of it. I never owned a SNES and Mario Kart so I didn't get all hung up with constant comparisons to MK and took the game on it's own merits. It's definately worth adding to your Jag collection.

I've been playing it with my 5-year old son this weekend. He doesn't like it much, and greatly prefers Super Burnout. Why? He keeps getting hung up on the invisible "walls". I don't know what it is with those things. You can get hung up for no apparent reason on what should be a straight wall. And of course, once you do it get hung up can be near impossible to figure out what you need to do to break free again -- sometimes you need to back up, sometimes you don't, etc. To me, it's those darn walls that completely ruin the game.....