IGNORED

The Intellivision version of the ADAM computer?

Pixelboy

That's the ECS (Entertainment Computer System). The ECS is really the second computer add on and is really not all that rare. The rare one is the original Computer Component which was only test marketed to 4,000 and then recalled. The ECS only had a handful of games that used it (5 or so) and none were really all that good.

Tempest

I sold my INTV computer like the one above years ago. I don't recall if it was on Ebay, may have been. I only got like $40 for it. There wasn't much interest in it. I don't know what they go for now. They also made a keyboard(synth type) attachment for it. I think comparing it to the ADAM is being VERY generous towards the INTV unit and what you can do with it.

Getting a little off topic, but were there any plans at Mattel to develop real applications for the ECS -- like a word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc?

I know the ECS can use the Mattel Aquarius Printer and Tape Recorder, so it seems like the pieces were in place to do such a thing from a hardware standpoint.....

Edited by else

World Series Baseball is good, I had forgotten about that one. The music keyboard did not require the ECS.

Getting a little off topic, but were there any plans at Mattel to develop real applications for the ECS -- like a word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc?

I didn't see any home productivity applications in the works, but they were coming out with a programming cart and a music composer cart. I think they wanted to keep the Intellivison a game system and make the Aquarius the computer system.

Tempest