IGNORED

What movies/tv shows should have been made into games?

Arcade

I know. Wasn't saying that to be a dick about it. I realize new people who show up may not know that.

I think we did this one a few months ago, you may wanna search for that thread.

It's been done several times, but then again so have these

"Why did the 2600 Pac-Man suck so bad" or "E.T. was a horrible game"

I know. Wasn't saying that to be a dick about it. I realize new people who show up may not know that.

I think we did this one a few months ago, you may wanna search for that thread.

It's been done several times, but then again so have these

"Why did the 2600 Pac-Man suck so bad" or "E.T. was a horrible game"

I know you were not trying to be a dick, I was just pointing out that it happens all the time here - My bad :)

All know that I am a proponent of porting Fonz to the 2600 but another cool Happy Days idea for a game would be "Find Chuck" in which you would play as Richie Cunningham and an evil spell has fallen over Milwaukee causing everyone to forget that your older brother Chuck ever existed! You would have to go to various places like Arnold's and Inspiration Point, avoiding Count Malachi and other baddies collecting objects which will bring Chuck home and back into everyone's memories :)

Cool game, I would pay 35 bucks for it.

WP

"Welcome Back Kotter"

Gabe runs around the school trying to get all the "sweat-hogs" back into class - Easy enough until you discover the mean Mr Woodman is trying to capture them for detention. Similar play to Superman..

If you need a gimmick for marketing the game, throw in signature sweat-hog sounds when they get caught..

cameo by Epstein's mother..

I always wondered why there was no Doctor Who game for any system (at least not that I ever heard of).

No idea what the gameplay should be like, though... probably would involve lots of running down corridors, and lots of alien planets that look like badly-rendered rock quarries :)

Not a movie or a TV show, but it would be cool to see a game based on Larry Niven's Ringworld (no, Halo doesn't count). It'd have to be an RPG with tons of scenery and locations.

Hm, and you could probably make a great game out of Metalocalypse (AKA Deathklok)... because the 2600 is so metal!

Real Genius

See, I thought it would be funny to mention that as a joke. And there you go mentioning it as a serious conversion!

My only concern is, wouldn't the scene where Knight has to impress Hathaway's girl be X Rated? :ponder:

Someone call NE1! :lol:

I always wondered why there was no Doctor Who game for any system (at least not that I ever heard of).

No idea what the gameplay should be like, though... probably would involve lots of running down corridors, and lots of alien planets that look like badly-rendered rock quarries :)

Not a movie or a TV show, but it would be cool to see a game based on Larry Niven's Ringworld (no, Halo doesn't count). It'd have to be an RPG with tons of scenery and locations.

Hm, and you could probably make a great game out of Metalocalypse (AKA Deathklok)... because the 2600 is so metal!

There is a Doctor Who/Berserk hack where you shoot dalicks (did I spell that wrong?).