IGNORED

Got back into Jaguar!

Arcade

Well, here's the deal....many years ago, I purchased an Atari Jaguar, Jag CD and lots of Jag/Jag CD games (98% of them complete also!) and a Tempest 2000 soundtrack for $70. It was a steal, considering what all I got. Not long after, I purchased another Jag in box with 3 or 4 games for $30. PLUS, I got the Jaguar Gamers Guide (it has quite a few game walkthroughs, a Rayman preview and interview with Jeff Minter).

ANYWAYS, I got this years ago and rarely played it. Then I was going through this website again, just browsing as usual, when I started to read more on the Jag forums. I began to think "you know, I never gave my Jag a chance". I played Vid Grid some and enjoyed it and some Brutal Sports Football (oh yeah, Doom also) back when I first got my Jag...that's it. Today, for the first time ever that I can recall, I played Tempest 2000. Maybe I tried it when I got the Jag, can't recall, but man did I have fun today with it. Then I popped in some Doom again....oh yeah!

Needless to say I'm glad I hooked it back up. I would buy an AvP (cart only) from my friends workplace, but the asking price is $40 (just because they NEVER had an AvP cart come into their store). I almost got a complete Raiden once, but this guy asked bout it earlier and actually came to get it...bummer! I have a nice amount of games to pick from so I DO have stuff to play.

It's sad that I didn't get into this system alot sooner, but what gets me are the people who just up and hate on the thing. I saw Famitsu (Japan) just BASH the heck out of it, laughing and mocking it. I even have a few friends who talk how crappy it is....however, one friend said he's willing to take the Jag out as the number 1 crappiest system ever if he got to play Tempest 2000...sounds like I need to make a believer out of him, huh?

I would love to, but I seriously can not pay $40 for a cart only AvP. That's just a little too much as far as asking price. I mean, heck, I was getting a complete Raiden for either little or free, can't remember! From the same store, I might add. I can wait on AvP.

I have seen speed runs for the game and let me tell you I would LOVE to have this game. Here's a funny story, one of my friends who isn't into Jag, said years ago he popped AvP into his Jag (he says AvP is the ONLY game worth playing). Well, according to him, as soon as he turned on his Jag, it fried! Maybe his bad experience is what caused him to not like the Jag?

But yeah, they have a Jag with AvP and Cybermorph for $70 and my friend told me AvP is $40. He said alot of people were interested in buying it until they heard the price. Besides, when it comes to Jag/Jag CD games, I want them complete. Like I said most of my games are complete. I did buy them from a rental store, so they have a few stickers on them and a few writings with marker....that totally stinks!

Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Breakout 2000, Iron Solider, AvP, Doom (and in many cases) Battlesphere all make this an amazing console to own. People are just too damn colsed-minded to give it a try and just rely on the words of others instead of actually playing the games themselves.