IGNORED

What 7800 hack/homebrow you considered to be the best in 2006?

8th lutz

Best hack/homebrew for 7800 in 2006  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best hack in 2006

• Pac-man collection-hack of Ms. Pac-man by PacMan Plus
    • BD7800- hack of Beefdroop by Gambler 172
    • PAC NESTOR- Hack of Ms. Pacman by Gambler 172
    • More BeefDrop- hack of Beefdrop by jwierer
    • Xmas Time-hack of beefdrop by jwierer
    • Pac Pollux-hack of ms pac0man by Pac-man plus
    • all of them
  2. 2. Best Hombrew game for 7800

• Beef Drop-by Kenfused
    • Santa Simon-by Schmutzpuppe
    • both of them

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The game has to be finished in 2006 or first sold in 2006. There was a good number of hacks/ homebrew games this year. I decided to a do poll on this topic. If a game is not here in this poll, it will be in the 2007 version if it the game is done by then.

Hacks don't have to sold just completed. See http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1205338 for the explanation of hacks not be mentioned or homebrews.

Edited by 8th lutz

That's a very difficult decision to make: B*nQ!, Froggie, Beef Drop, and now Santa Simon? How do you pick the best homebrew out of those top-notch choices?

EDIT: fixed the spelling of B*nQ!

I thought froggie wasn't finished yet.

Neither is Qbert.

Pacman Collection is the best one anyhow, Bob is just being modest.

I decided not add froggie and Qbert because froggie isn't done and it appears like Q-bert isn't done yet.

Not all hacks have been sold, that doesn't mean they are not completed. I did not put Xevious insane in the hack list because It is not completed yet.

The hacks can be found on the 7800 hack forum.

Well I know PacMan Collection is the tops in votes and well deserved as i hear

but I got Pac Nestor (Pac Man Collection is still on order) I voted for Pac Nestor for Hack and Beef Drop for Home brew only 2 I bought in 06 that I've received

@Shawn: Thank you for the incredible compliment, but untill I can get to the ability of what Ken and Schmutzpuppe can do (which doesn't look like it will happen any time soon), I don't consider myself to be on the same level as them. :)

@8th Lutz: I apologize - I was under the impression that those games were done, or very close to being done (enough to give a pretty good idea of how they play).

Edited by PacManPlus

That's a very difficult decision to make: B*nQ!, Froggie, Beef Drop, and now Santa Simon? How do you pick the best homebrew out of those top-notch choices?

EDIT: fixed the spelling of B*nQ!

I thought froggie wasn't finished yet.

Neither is Qbert.

Pacman Collection is the best one anyhow, Bob is just being modest.

Hi Shawn

Yes,i agree.

But i am grateful for every new 7800 game.

greetings Walter

Well, All I know is that my 7800 after-market collection is growing nicely. I haven't played a truly horrible one yet.

Q*bert can be considered done. It's 99% there and awesome.

I think all of the Pac-Man clones/ hacks kind of made them a little less special, but Pac Man Collection is amazing.

But overall you would have to give the crown to Beef Drop. That game may be the best 7800 you can buy.

Cousin Vinnie

Well, All I know is that my 7800 after-market collection is growing nicely. I haven't played a truly horrible one yet.

Q*bert can be considered done. It's 99% there and awesome.

I think all of the Pac-Man clones/ hacks kind of made them a little less special, but Pac Man Collection is amazing.

But overall you would have to give the crown to Beef Drop. That game may be the best 7800 you can buy.

Cousin Vinnie

I would've put Q*Bert on the poll if it was 100% done. It didn't have to be released yet to on the poll.

Edited by 8th lutz

@Shawn: Thank you for the incredible compliment, but untill I can get to the ability of what Ken and Schmutzpuppe can do (which doesn't look like it will happen any time soon), I don't consider myself to be on the same level as them. :)

Whatever Bob :roll: ;)

EDIT: Now with the poll added I voted for Bob in the hacks and Ken in homebrews.

Edited by Shawn Sr.