IGNORED

VecFlash USB

are you offering any discount/upgrade pricing to previous customers?

Yes

will it have the same number of slots or more?

Same capacity, which means the upgrade will require -

Me - I send out a new PCB minus the FLASH memory

You - swap said memory from old PCB into new + do a small amount of cutting of the case -

Cutting details

Before

After

Edited by Richard H.

Will the USB connection be supported by non-Windows computers?

Yes, it should work with any USB port equipped computer (with the right drivers). Uses a standard USB mode so I can't see any problems there.

Does the use of USB mean that I won't have to plug it into my Vectrex for power anymore?

Yes, it is the main reason for the swap over, saves me having to build 2 separate circuits, and custom leads again (when I run out my current stock).

Edited by Richard H.

I've decided to change the connector on the finished cart to a Mini B type USB socket.

A lot of guys have said they already have this type of lead lying around (from phones, PDA's, card readers etc). Also, it might be just a case of making the hole wider to obtain a fit (easy with a reamer).

Anyway, I'll know for sure when I have the PCB and an old VecFlash case to inspect.

I've decided to change the connector on the finished cart to a Mini B type USB socket.

A lot of guys have said they already have this type of lead lying around (from phones, PDA's, card readers etc). Also, it might be just a case of making the hole wider to obtain a fit (easy with a reamer).

Anyway, I'll know for sure when I have the PCB and an old VecFlash case to inspect.

Definitely preferable, thanks for listening!

Whatever is easier and less costly for you Richard - I know I have plenty of either type of USB cable around, so no difference to me! :D

• 2 weeks later...
will you need an old vecflash to take advantage of the new USB?

No, it's just an upgrade option.

You may have to wait a while for the USB version, I need to get it 100% before I start selling it. Still got to figure out why it won't work on one of my friend's PC :?

I can set you up with the serial version if you don't want to wait (same capacity + speed)

(cart cases and boards for these should be here this week)

Edited by Richard H.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is really cool!

How much are they and where can I get one?

.-.-.

FYI the new version of the VecFlash will be USB (instead of serial)

Hopefully, I should have them for sale in about a month.

Thanks...