IGNORED

CD encryption tool on CD!

Matthias

Hello all,

so far you had to have either an Alpine board or a similar cable-based upload-solution to be able start the CD-encryption tool, now i have added another option: Just use your Jaguar-CD-player!

This week i have modified my RAM-based version CDEN16.ABS of the CD-encrytion tool in a way which allows it to run from CD, as soon it is started it will ask you to open the lid of the Jaguar-CD-player and to insert the desired un-encrypted CD it should process for you (the result of the encryption-process will be send to your PC via a serial connection, see my CD-encryption-tutorial for details).

You can find CDRecord-tracks as well as CD-Images for DiscJuggler and Nero of this "CD-encryption-CD" in the "Tools"/"CD creating" section of my Jaguar-site.

Kind regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias

Hello all,

so far you had to have either an Alpine board or a similar cable-based upload-solution to be able start the CD-encryption tool, now i have added another option: Just use your Jaguar-CD-player!

This week i have modified my RAM-based version CDEN16.ABS of the CD-encrytion tool in a way which allows it to run from CD, as soon it is started it will ask you to open the lid of the Jaguar-CD-player and to insert the desired un-encrypted CD it should process for you (the result of the encryption-process will be send to your PC via a serial connection, see my CD-encryption-tutorial for details).

You can find CDRecord-tracks as well as CD-Images for DiscJuggler and Nero of this "CD-encryption-CD" in the "Tools"/"CD creating" section of my Jaguar-site.

Kind regards

Matthias

Fantastic work again as usual Matthias! You rock man! :)

Hello!

so can we make a jagcd that will play the christmas surrounded demo with this?

In theory: Yes.

In practice: No.

Reason: The preambel/disclaimer/EndUserLicenceAggreement of "Surrounded" allows it's usage only as an upload to a Jaguar (with equipment like Alpine/BJL/JUGS/JagOS/JagServer), but not to put it on any media (and CD is explicitly listed as forbidden media).

Kind regards

Matthias

Hello all,

Kind regards

Matthias

Woah, that´s great news. Congratulations, Matthias!!

You can use it with an unencrypted CD in the JagCD unit it will encrypt it and transmit the encryption to your pc via a cable to compile a fully encrypted CD to burn.

I asked Matthias about it and he replied,

"the program that is on it does calculate the HASH-table

used in the Jaguar-CD-verification process.

In other words, it is used (by developers of a Jaguar-CD)

to encrypt an un-encrypted CD. The mentioned HASH-table

is either transferred via the printer-cable to the

host-PC if you are using the Alpine and the Alpine-version

of the encryption program, or if you use my program via

a serial-cable (that's the reason you see at the end the

"transmitting, transmitting,...".

You can learn more about the whole CD-creating-process

by reading the info i have on my website in this

section:

http://www.mdgames.de/jag_eng.htm#CDCREATING

Browse through the 3 documents:

* How to create Jaguar-CDs

* CD-Encryption basics

* The encryption-process"

Hello!

Oh got it - I still need a cable to get this to work. I for some reason though this would load, pop the new CD in and it would work - kinda like the Translator disks on the old 8bit computers way back.

Unfort wont work for me :(

As ovalbugman already described, the CD talked about in this thread is just a developer-tool

usable for encrypting a CD, it is not a CD Bypass!

There was recently another thread here were someone asked for such a CD-Bypass-CD and i replied there that it would be possible to create such a CD, but honestly i don't see a real demand for it. People who bought in former times the few unencrypted CDs usually owned a CD-Bypass-cartridge, and all (new or old) CDs can be encrypted nowadays.

Kind regards

Matthias