IGNORED

Patent applied for! In laywers hands.

Gorf

This post is to put the public on notice.

Though I have already copywritten the 'Jaguar GPU Main Code Method',

for reasons obvious, I am in the process of applying for a U.S. and

International patent on the 'Jaguar GPU Main Code Method'.

Steven Scavone, C.E.O., 3D Stooges Software.

Edit: Back to original post otherwise it looks a little odd

Ummmm

I wonder how this would affect someone who has independetly developed a method for the same purpose?

Addition:

Gorf/Frog/Steve has assured me that there is nothing for me to worry about, for which i am grateful.

All the best everyone.

Edited by Atari_Owl

to be perfectly honest I see it as nothing more than an ego serving hinderance to the community. It is not as tho this is cutting edge technology with the chance of some big players taking an interest and making serious coin from it. It is a community of fans of a dead system with a small base of people plugging away at varying speeds, restricting their efforts serves to benifit nobody.

If the author of such technology wishes then I have no issue with it being maintained a secret, but to paitent it serves no purpose I can see of other than to demand royalty payments for licensing of the technology.

I don't say this as I am bitter that I have not been told how this is done, I really couldn't care, it's an annoyance as patenting it has NO benefit to the Jaguar community.

• Like 2

This is why my opinion of the jaguar community isn't the highest. :(

It's the freaking jaguar, peopl

edit:

Oh, and I am also against software patents in general, but this one is just beyond silly, its for a console that has fringe/minimal interest and potential.

Edited by Atari-Jess
  • Like 2

You know..its a real shame when people start throwing out name calling

and such when they have'nt the first clue of what is going on. I birthed a

method of coding I am pretty sure no one elase has come up with and

want it to be known it was mine. Egotistical? No maybe a little jealousy?

And scolding someone for being out of line in a forum is not having an ego

MR linkovitch. I know you still have a chip on your shoulder about that but

hey, grow up. You were out of line and I called you on it.

Atari-Jess: Im real sorry you hate us but you have'nt a clue what your cursing

my friend.

For all off you and your sad and uninformed, jump to conclusion information, I very

much plan to release this info to everyone.

When...when I feel its time. Got a problem with that? that is a shame.

You know..its a real shame when people start throwing out name calling

and such when they have'nt the first clue of what is going on. I birthed a

method of coding I am pretty sure no one elase has come up with and

want it to be known it was mine. Egotistical? No maybe a little jealousy?

A method of coding that no one has come up with? and you claim no Ego?

also you state

That sounds pretty specific to the Jag to me. If it's a method of coding then surely the method should have it's own name, the fact that it applies to the Jag is irrelivant, otherwise your patent could possibly be undermined by the technology or method being used on other systems simply by them NOT being the Jag.

If there is no Ego involved, why the need to post this here in a Jag forum? I imagine it is posted elsewhere also on similar forums.

as for jealousy... you so far have only managed to insult me.

and I see no names being called.

And scolding someone for being out of line in a forum is not having an ego

MR linkovitch. I know you still have a chip on your shoulder about that but

hey, grow up. You were out of line and I called you on it.

Sorry, but this would be you jumping to conclusions.. I bear no chip, and I am pretty sure I was not being out of line with a little humour, or a few questions which (not being able to read the minds of others) I thought might be worth asking. Of course I could always turn it around and say that you didn't like being shown up in your own forum, alas however I never claimed that nor do I.

my friend.

He hasn't cursed anyone...

For all off you and your sad and uninformed, jump to conclusion information, I very

much plan to release this info to everyone.

When...when I feel its time. Got a problem with that? that is a shame.

Well, explain to people what they are to believe from the information presented ? "Dear world, I plan to patent something I have done on the jag" not exactly a lot to go on. Nothing there even suggests you would release your information. Of course it could also be said that the "When I feel it's time" is insulting and as though you are trying to hold the community to ransom. I don't believe it is just myself, I think other programers feel the same that your attitude is very much condecending to others as though they are not nearly as capable as yourself, be that true or false.

Amazing in a world where people have come togther and managed to produce an operating system that seriously concerns a Giant like Microsoft, where Apple turn to using a similar system for their own OS, the jaguar community (not on the whole thankfully) is still hiding things from each other and scrabbling around in teh dark for scraps.

Anyone wonder why there are not loads of developers ?????? hang around a while it's apparent

• Like 1

Sorry, but I need light ... I'm not a developper and my english is not really great, but what does it means ?

A way to make/use code ?

Does this "way to code" is avalaible somewhere ? (Gorf's playground for ex)

It means nothing other than me being an egotist. did you not read Linko's post?

;)

It is nothing to be concerned about as I plan to release the method to everyone.

I just want credit for it becasue I worked very hard at it. So yeah, mabye it is ego.

Oh well...such is life!

Sorry, but I need light ... I'm not a developper and my english is not really great, but what does it means ?

A way to make/use code ?

;)

It is nothing to be concerned about as I plan to release the method to everyone.

I just want credit for it becasue I worked very hard at it. So yeah, mabye it is ego.

Oh well...such is life!

Wanting credit is one thing, one which I have absolutely no problem with. Getting a patent of software only harms future development and hinders others. Why get a patent? why not be happy to slap your name on it and accept the praise of your peers ?

What does the patent achieve ?

• Like 1

my friend.

I know exactly what I'm "cursing" and its a software patent. I don't need more information than that.

I can understand copywriting code, but a patent is ridiculous. You've taken away the very concept from the community for the next 25 odd years.

No one can even program a piece of code that even resembles but is 100% original code, this is what you've done.

Software patents HURT the open source community. I congratulate you on your efforts to develop something original but unless

you're patenting this so its not commercially exploited (that is to say, you allow people to code the same thing but with original underived code but at the same time prevent a company like microsoft from putting it into one of their wares) and have it as a "protection" in which you are sharing with the community, that is fine.

But unfortunately, you can say thats your intention then turn around and take it away at the drop of a hat. and since you've specificially said its related to the Jaguar GPU, I dont see who you're protecting this from other than fellow jaguar developers.

I still very much must disagree with software patents and I can only hope that reforms to the USTPO legislation will help resolve this "problem" in western thought.

I am ideologically opposed to software patents, but very pro-copyright. edit: that is, sensible copyright, not endless extension legislation to save mickey mouse from the public domain.

Edited by Atari-Jess

A way to make/use code ?

;)

Oh well...such is life!

Wanting credit is one thing, one which I have absolutely no problem with. Getting a patent of software only harms future development and hinders others. Why get a patent? why not be happy to slap your name on it and accept the praise of your peers ?

What does the patent achieve ?

You mean you never wanted to have a patent for something? :sad:

Can't a guy want to fullfill a dream of patenting an idea?

One he has absolutely every intention of letting others use without

charge?

Try to understand linko my friend. It's just a dream is all. :)

Have I not shared much with the community already? I plan to

do MUCH more too.

And as far as the first I cant prove that but I am the first to present

proof as far as I know. That Proof is in 'Surrounded!'. :)

Now if I were really looking to fulfill ego, i'd try something like this for

the PS3 so the developers could actually code it. :P I dotn envy those

guys in the least.the Jaguar is hard enough. :)

My only point here is please dont go jumping to conclusions about me

holding out. My record is certainly not one of selfishness, i would like to

think.

Now that we have bitten off each others head, can we be friends again? :)

And you are still MORE than welcome to join in the playground. I wish you

would again. I'll promise not to scold you if you promise to consult me first

with a correction. Deal? :D

As for Mickey Mouse, no one could forsee a Corporation so closely related to a cartoon that generates 1000's of jobs and income all over the world - Lets leave Mickey out of this ;)

Blame the guy who got a patent on the following logic for Y2K:

If >49 then year = 19

If

He went after alot of companies with Cobol systems for millions of dollars for this 'fix'..........never heard the outcome of this joke.

As for Mickey Mouse, no one could forsee a Corporation so closely related to a cartoon that generates 1000's of jobs and income all over the world - Lets leave Mickey out of this ;)

Blame the guy who got a patent on the following logic for Y2K:

If >49 then year = 19

If <49 then Year = 20

He went after alot of companies with Cobol systems for millions of dollars for this 'fix'..........never heard the outcome of this joke.

It is hardly that simple a code fix for one and it still sounds like a lot of sour grapes.

my friend.

No one can even program a piece of code that even resembles but is 100% original code, this is what you've done.

Ah you dont read whole posts...that is the issue here. If you did you would see

that it will be shared. and yes ther aer certain people who I feel will take credit and steal it. Yes Now Im paranoid to I bet? :)

;)

Oh well...such is life!

ok :)

;)

Oh well...such is life!

ok :)

See..he get's it.. :)

I mean come on guys..how cool is it to be able to say you own your own a patent.

Cant you understand?

:)

It is simply an achievment I am proud of. I want the patent as a reward to myself

and nothing more. Everyone stop reading into this more than it really is.

I mean come on guys..how cool is it to be able to say you own your own a patent.

Cant you understand?

People who apply for patents just to say they have a patent are the most useless people I know (wasn't that a song lyric?). We have more than enough of these ego hounds where I work and they tend to be the most arrogant and useless people at the office.

But congrats on the patent, now you can say you have one. Ooooo! Can I breath the same air you do? Can I touch you? Can I bask in your magnificant radiance for just a little while? :roll:

Tempest

• Like 1

Cant you understand?

People who apply for patents just to say they have a patent are the most useless people I know (wasn't that a song lyric?). We have more than enough of these ego hounds where I work and they tend to be the most arrogant and useless people at the office.

But congrats on the patent, now you can say you have one. Ooooo! Can I breath the same air you do? Can I touch you? Can I bask in your magnificant radiance for just a little while? :roll:

Tempest

People I know who bitch like this turn out to be exactly what they claim to hate when the roles are reversed. In my life experience this happens almost without exception.

Frog is doing this because he has a right to. He has a right to be proud of what he's done. I would do it.

I also believe he's doing it to protect the community from someone else taking the Jaguar coding technique, patenting it then wanting $3 for every copy of every game distributed that uses that technique. Or just hoarding it.

Pantent away my friend!! As long as good games come out of it that's all I care. And PLEASE be sure to make cartridge versions of these creations. Congrats on your new method, you deserve to have your name stamped on it. Don't listen to the haters :thumbsup:

Cant you understand?

Tempest

And you done what for the community?

Ther is always a dead beat big mouth like you in the crowd.

I laugh at you and your bitterness. :rolling:

Pantent away my friend!! As long as good games come out of it that's all I care. And PLEASE be sure to make cartridge versions of these creations. Congrats on your new method, you deserve to have your name stamped on it. Don't listen to the haters :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for a civil response! :)

>>>>>Gorf said: This post is to put the public on notice.

Though I have already copywritten the 'Jaguar GPU Main Code Method',

for reasons obvious, I am in the process of applying for a U.S. and

Steven Scavone, C.E.O., 3D Stooges Software™. <<<<<

I just wish he'd write some games and sell 'em. So far I only managed to 'win' Gorf for an over-inflated price on ebay (Something which he objects to as well, so he says!!!)