IGNORED

Patent applied for! In laywers hands.

Gorf

>>>>>Gorf said: This post is to put the public on notice.

Though I have already copywritten the 'Jaguar GPU Main Code Method',

for reasons obvious, I am in the process of applying for a U.S. and

International patent on the 'Jaguar GPU Main Code Method'.

Steven Scavone, C.E.O., 3D Stooges Software™. <<<<<

I just wish he'd write some games and sell 'em. So far I only managed to 'win' Gorf for an over-inflated price on ebay (Something which he objects to as well, so he says!!!)

Nobody forced you to bid on it and there was a lot of hoopla about the release about the year ago so don't blame him because you missed out on it.

I just wish he'd write some games and sell 'em. So far I only managed to 'win' Gorf for an over-inflated price on ebay (Something which he objects to as well, so he says!!!)

Hey I told you to be patient! :)

Nobody forced you to bid on it and there was a lot of hoopla about the release about the year ago so don't blame him because you missed out on it.

And really, how long was I announcing to be prepared to order? At least a

month before.

Ah the sour grapes of wrath upon me! :roll:

And you done what for the community?

If you have to ask that you obviously don't pay attention around here. Sorry if I toot my own horn every time I do something. Maybe I should apply for a patent on prototype research? :roll:

BTW exactly how is applying for a patent doing something for the community?

Tempest

• Like 1

You mean you never wanted to have a patent for something? :sad:

Can't a guy want to fullfill a dream of patenting an idea?

One he has absolutely every intention of letting others use without

charge?

Yes I would love my name on a Patent, (I envy my Boss on a regular basis due to his name being on a Patent he worked on for video compression, one that DivX possibly uses without being aware), however I doubt I would ever patent code. I have released stuff open source so far (granted it needs a lot of work and a rewrite), but what I have released is one of a kind and used by a couple of ISP's. My employer very graciously allowed me to work on it during works time and release open source, I would not consider applying for a patent on it tho. I am happy that my name is on the code and idea anyway in a copyright sense.

patents are worrying things, what if you have a big fall out with X or the community as a whole and decide "tuff", at this moment in time you may not see that, but who can see the future. At that point it becomes a problem and all the promises in the world mean nothing as they are said now, not then.

My only point here is please dont go jumping to conclusions about me

holding out. My record is certainly not one of selfishness, i would like to

think.

I only suffer paranoia of such things as I am paid to see where things can go bad... it's my job. Indeed you may not be branded selfish as such, but is your programing area still on limited access? If so this is an example of why a software patent could be a concern, you may decide X,Y, Z cannot use your patented method for example.

Now that we have bitten off each others head, can we be friends again? :)

And you are still MORE than welcome to join in the playground. I wish you

would again. I'll promise not to scold you if you promise to consult me first

with a correction. Deal? :D

I have not left, I just have been busy, there is much to be done and nobody has managed to stretch days to 48 hours so I am struggling to do it.

And you done what for the community?

If you have to ask that you obviously don't pay attention around here. Sorry if I toot my own horn every time I do something. Maybe I should apply for a patent on prototype research? :roll:

BTW exactly how is applying for a patent doing something for the community?

Tempest

If you have to ask that you obviously don't pay attention around here.

Why don't Gorf issue a no-limit permission, without any demands for compensation for his patent for original jaguar software and be over and done with this? (I personally found the post repulsive at first, but after reading the thread, I just think Gorf got ahead of himself, wanting to brag a bit)

Jaguar stuff will be exempt from the patent, and gorf get the glory, and even some money if it shows up in software for other platforms.

just my 2 cents.

To Gorf: Congrats on your patent. I don't know what it is, or if it is worthy of a patent. Considering the numerous patents that are granted that doesn't deserve it, particularly when it comes to software patents, I am a little bit sceptic. But if you got one through the checks, congratulations, it's not for everone.

Edited by Greenious

Why don't Gorf issue a no-limit permission, without any demands for compensation for his patent for original jaguar software and be over and done with this? (I personally found the post repulsive at first, but after reading the thread, I just think Gorf got ahead of himself, wanting to brag a bit)

Jaguar stuff will be exempt from the patent, and gorf get the glory, and even some money if it shows up in software for other platforms.

just my 2 cents.

To Gorf: Congrats on your patent. I don't know what it is, or if it is worthy of a patent. Considering the numerous patents that are granted that doesn't deserve it, particularly when it comes to software patents, I am a little bit sceptic. But if you got one through the checks, congratulations, it's not for everone.

this is not software so much as a method of software. There are too many people

who worry over nothing around here. sound really more like guilt before accusation

to me. I never once accused or implied i was plannign to hoard it. but you know

what? Maybe I will now. I see that there are those who are'nt just happy with the

free offer I was planning so now, I'll just give it to those who have supported me

and my patents.

If you have to ask that you obviously don't pay attention around here.

Trust me, the moderators pay attention around here. More so than some people seem to think. :ponder:

Tempest

You have quite a lousy attitude if you are a moderator. You pounce on me

for something that is totally my (right like it or not) and it sounds like sour puss

whinning. Your actions and posts are exactly why others dont bother with the

Jaguar. Why willingly place your ass out to have it handed to you whe all you

intend to do is help out? Me on the other hand could not give a rats tail end what

you think about me or my patent. I have nothing to provw as I havw certainly

shared myself through out the community. that is what this whoel thing is for

and because you cant figure out the benefit, dont pick on me! Sheesh!

Oh and as far as touting your accomplishments? Perhaps I think more of mine

than you do of yours, eh? Ther is no need to be ashamed nor is there shame in

beind proud of a good accomplishment. Im sorry this embitters you so.

Anyone wonder why there are not loads of developers ?????? hang around a while it's apparent

Because a lot of people are not interested in seeing new stuff being developed. The collector value of development tools are low enough to let certain collectors (idiots) feel rich, but high enough to keep developers (intelligent people) away.

Now, I'm not innocent, but when I was interested in developing for jaguar some years back, there was no way I could afford getting the stuff needed. Now I can afford it (and bjl is available), but I'm not interested in that anymore.

Yeah, yeah , whatever.

Who needs loads when you have a few good quality ones?

All I've seen the past few years has been a lot of smoke. I'd say the scene died after battlesphere.

• Like 1

Anyone wonder why there are not loads of developers ?????? hang around a while it's apparent

Because a lot of people are not interested in seeing new stuff being developed. The collector value of development tools are low enough to let certain collectors (idiots) feel rich, but high enough to keep developers (intelligent people) away.

Now, I'm not innocent, but when I was interested in developing for jaguar some years back, there was no way I could afford getting the stuff needed. Now I can afford it (and bjl is available), but I'm not interested in that anymore.

Yeah, yeah , whatever.

Who needs loads when you have a few good quality ones?

All I've seen the past few years has been a lot of smoke. I'd say the scene died after battlesphere.

Hang tuff, we are trying :)

Yes I would love my name on a Patent, (I envy my Boss on a regular basis due to his name

I have yet to reneg on a promise to the Jag fans. :)

I know you dont understand it yet but you will. It is

for the betterment. I know you aer all in a tizzy but

I promise you it will all be made clear. Beat on me if

you must but it the price you pay when doing nice

things sometimes. You know what..it's still worth it

knowing some will appreciate it. :)

You have quite a lousy attitude if you are a moderator. You pounce on me

for something that is totally my (right like it or not) and it sounds like sour puss

whinning.

I never questioned if it was your right to apply for a patent. I questioned the bragging about it, that's all.

Oh and as far as touting your accomplishments? Perhaps I think more of mine

than you do of yours, eh?

You do seem to think a lot of yourself... :roll:

Tempest

• Like 1

I never questioned if it was your right to apply for a patent. I questioned the bragging about it, that's all.

And just where did I do that? Now you are really imagining things.

SOME people tend to call other peoples accomplishment they announce

braggin when it does'nt make them look good or take attention away from

them selves. Is this your trouble? It is sure seeming like it. Hey , I know

misery likes company but im not into misery, even though its dished out

to me constantly by jealous , envious and hateful people not unlike yourself,

actually. But hey, if that is what floats your boat.

You do seem to think a lot of yourself... :roll:

Tempest

Yeah self esteem is good. You should try it some time. Maybe you wont

pick on others accomplishments and hey..maybe you will learn to congrat-

ulate people instead. OR maybe keep your fighting to yourself till you know

the whole deal. Oh but yes, if you dont know the deal your assumtions are

justification enough to start unecesary shit with the fan base, right?

ok! :D