IGNORED

Bally Astrocade Multicart $50 BIN

PsychedelicShaman

Who is the seller of these? Is it Mike from 8bitdomain or a family member of his?

I have no clue. I did visit 8 bit domain and the svideo kit picture for the bally is the same, so I'm assuming it's from them.

BTW, that batch is sold out, 4 more available at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

Listing has been removed and is no longer available???

I bought one of these, why would ebay have taken it down?

Since you guys have heard of this person can you vouch for him?

EDIT

Okay, I went to 8bitdomain. I'm no longer worried about the seller now, seems pretty legit. Regardless, I hope he sends them out soon.

Anyone know why ebay would have ended this auction the way they did? Is it a problem to sell multicarts with old games on them anymore?

Edited by Mezrabad

EDIT

Okay, I went to 8bitdomain. I'm no longer worried about the seller now, seems pretty legit. Regardless, I hope he sends them out soon.

Anyone know why ebay would have ended this auction the way they did? Is it a problem to sell multicarts with old games on them anymore?

Apparently this is the case, I know that cuttle carts have been known to get pulled in the past...

If it is the guy from 8bitdomain, I'm pretty sure the deal will go through. It got pulled because it was a multicart, not because of the seller. I sent my payment after speaking with the guy and making sure we still had a deal. It is funny that they would have had a problem with a multicart for such an antiquated system :roll:

EDIT

I paid $215.50 (including shipping) for 3 systems from 8bitdomain in October 2005. 2 out of the 3 systems did not work correctly. I paid the same price for each of the systems so basically I got screwed out of $143.74. He never sent the one cable that was supposed to be included with the one system. I had to pay someone else to fix the Colecovision system that he sent broken. I still have the 5200 system in my basement. It has controller port issues and issues with scoring from when I bought it from him. It took him forever to send the items as it was and I had to call him and post messages on here before he would ship.

Personally I will never deal with 8bitdomain again. The quality of the items that I received were well below acceptable and the customer service sucked.

Thanks for posting the link, I did manage to see the ebay auction before it got pulled. There were four left on the ebay auction when I viewed it, but I was kinda on the fence about buying one, mainly because the guy didn't take PayPal. However, $50 shipped is a great price if the cart works properly. I felt unsure though, so I didn't buy one, and by the time I checked the auction again the next day they were all gone, they went pretty fast. I think there were originally 10 available, one buyer bought two, so we may see one for resale soon. Anyway, if anybody here bought one please let us know how it went and if the cart works as advertised. I still would be interested in buying one in the future if he lists them again. I didn't see them anywhere on the 8bitdomain webpage. But McGrail's experience with this seller definitely makes me a bit hesitant at this point.

Matt A.

Y'know, the auction said he wouldn't take PayPal but the invoice they sent listed a PayPal address so that's what I used . . . that combined with mcgrail's assessment continues to make me a little nervous.

Yah, I used his paypal, don't know why he wouldn't have put it on ebay. I'm not too worried though, I'm sure it will pull through:)

For some reason on Ebay you can sell GBA and NES/Famicom and Vectrex multicarts all day long, every day but if you list a multicart for any other system it gets yanked instantly.

Not all the time - sometimes creative ones slip through, but rarely. I saved this image to my HD last year (gave me a good chuckle) and just found it again.

post-41-1168526972_thumb.jpg

post-41-1168526994_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrRetroGamer

Very happy to report that I got my Bally Astrocade 72-in-1 Multicart today and it is great! Once I deciphered the binary listing of programs I was all set. I was really pleased to see a copy of ICMB Attack on there that had been altered to allow for play with out the special and extremely rare handmade controller for it. Very glad to have this.

Very happy to report that I got my Bally Astrocade 72-in-1 Multicart today and it is great! Once I deciphered the binary listing of programs I was all set. I was really pleased to see a copy of ICMB Attack on there that had been altered to allow for play with out the special and extremely rare handmade controller for it. Very glad to have this.

Great to hear!

Glad to hear it arrived safely and worked out well for you. I hope that he will list them again. Do you happen to remember the sellers ebay user ID?

Glad to hear it arrived safely and worked out well for you. I hope that he will list them again. Do you happen to remember the sellers ebay user ID?

Sure, it was aka2002kids. :) I'd have left the guy positive feedback but since eBay pulled the auction there's no way for me to do so. :(

• 1 month later...

EDIT

I paid $215.50 (including shipping) for 3 systems from 8bitdomain in October 2005. 2 out of the 3 systems did not work correctly. I paid the same price for each of the systems so basically I got screwed out of $143.74. He never sent the one cable that was supposed to be included with the one system. I had to pay someone else to fix the Colecovision system that he sent broken. I still have the 5200 system in my basement. It has controller port issues and issues with scoring from when I bought it from him. It took him forever to send the items as it was and I had to call him and post messages on here before he would ship.

Personally I will never deal with 8bitdomain again. The quality of the items that I received were well below acceptable and the customer service sucked.

I offered 2 years ago to repair/replace any of the consoles you were dissatisified with and you refused.

You would rather hold a grudge than get your systems fixed. However the offer STILL stands.

8bitdomain

EDIT

I offered 2 years ago to repair/replace any of the consoles you were dissatisified with and you refused.

You would rather hold a grudge than get your systems fixed. However the offer STILL stands.

8bitdomain

Mike,

If you can fix it and get it back to me in a reasonable time I would like that. I still need the cable as well that was supposed to be included with the auction. I have had the 5200 system sitting in my basement for over a year. The scoring on the 5200 does not work and the controller port has issues. If I remember the controller ports partially work but not all of the number keys work. Maybe there are more issues than that but I haven't touched the system in over a year.

If you can fix it in a reasonable time frame I will post a public message thanking you. You have great stuff. If you could improve the customer service aspect I believe that your business would improve.

Sean

Edited by mcgrail0007

I bought one and it looks great. I know they are now rare, but I simply don't have time for the Astrocade. I have the brand new multicart with game list, the Astrocade s-video mod, and an a/v to s-video cable if you just have a/v. $100 includes shipping if someone would like it all. Just pm me. Take care.