IGNORED

Are NES's drying up?

Inky

Local used game store has NES's.. A week or so ago, he was selling them for $9.99, gun, controller, DuckHunt / SMB. I goe in this week, and they're up to $69.99 He says that his connection for NES's is drying up, and that he's having to buy stuff on eBay.

Is this a line of BS?

Big load of horsehockey. Most likely, he's had a bit of an upsurge in sales and is taking advantage of it. A local exchange store used to sell Atari carts for a buck apiece, because he didn't have any sales to show. I bought quite a few from him and a few of my cohorts started rooting through his grab bins, too. The result: A few months ago I went in there to find he'd raised his price to $10-15 per cart. His reasoning (at least he was being honest) was, 'If someone wants them, they'll buy them'. I didn't have the heart to tell him that there are thousands of people around the US willing to just give away most of the carts he had, simply because they had so many of them. :ponder:

Yep, just gotta look. Mine just jumped off the shelf in a thrift and clobbered me. Couple days later a pair of working pads tripped me up, begging to be bought for $6.

Couple months after that a gun grabbed my eye and nearly pulled it outta my head.

I've got maybe $40 in hardware, and that's an RSI-NES joystick, three pads, a gun, and the control deck. I probably paid too much, but I get to enjoy it.

I'm sitting on about 40 NES systems right now. And have the opportunity to buy atleast one a week. I can buy 10 right now at $30 each from a local dealer but that doesn't seem worth my time. I seem to buy them quicker than I can sell them. The local game store used to sell them for $10 around here too but they would only sell me so many. Now they are asking $59.99. They are easy to find if you are looking for them. They bring $60 on ebay though. So that would explain the price hike.

They bring $60 on ebay though.

Not even close. Try more like $20 to $30 tops and it better have 2 controllers and a at least a few decent games. I used to service and sell Nintendo Systems all the time (see everyday for about 2 years 2003-2005) and the price then and now was never $60 bucks unless it was Xmas where you could get up to $100 from about Nov 15th to Dec 15th. Systems go for $30 and less everyday all day on epay. Anyone paing $60 for an NES is a dolt.

If anyone has a NES cheap, with hookups and SMB / Duckl Hunt, PM me. :)

Honest to God I just gave away my last one the other night with 2 controllers and SMB\DH. Didn't have a zapper though and the AC was 3rd party. If I see one kicking about I'll give it to ya at cost (about $10 bucks) but I don't activly look for them anymore so you might be better off with someone else. But none the less, next time I find one I will PM you.

I would think with all the Generation NEX, YoBo's, Famiclones, etc.. for sale now an original NES would be more common to find since a lot of people just buy those to play to play there games on. Just a thought but who knows :?

One of the game stores near me has been selling the NES clones for some time now, I think at $25 or $30 each. I don't think they even stock the old toaster-box NESes anymore. Still have used SNESes, though. Not sure the price. Seems to me that if you can get a top-loader clone for $30, why buy an original? (Preparing for barrage...)

I would think with all the Generation NEX, YoBo's, Famiclones, etc.. for sale now an original NES would be more common to find since a lot of people just buy those to play to play there games on. Just a thought but who knows :?

One of the game stores near me has been selling the NES clones for some time now, I think at $25 or $30 each. I don't think they even stock the old toaster-box NESes anymore. Still have used SNESes, though. Not sure the price. Seems to me that if you can get a top-loader clone for $30, why buy an original? (Preparing for barrage...)

If I ever saw a famiclone I'd buy one. I hate spending too much on mail order stuff and like to use original NES controllers, which is a problem if you want a cheap clone. I put a new pin connector in mine, but it still doesn't work right and it's hell to pull the games out. But, it works better, so I won't complain too much.

Edited by bretthorror