IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 3 an Intellivision Must Have

GrizzLee

Well, just wanted to say 'I GOT MY CC3'? Yippe! I still need to get a card. Plus I'd really like to get my 8bitdomain mod which I ordered a while ago. :ponder:

I can't wait to play with it this weekend.

Thanks, Chad. I'm not sure how you're going to top this one. :)

Allan

Well I set up my CC3 last night. It was almost too easy. :) It's fantastic. It's cool playing some of the homebrews. I can't wait to get my 8-bitdomain video upgrade. Running through my VCR really sucks. Does anybody know if anybody has any of the manuals online? Anybody else get their CC3 working?

Allan

I doubt it, the Intellivoice hardware has things like a internal speaker and volume control, the voices aren't channeled through your tv speakers.

Yup, good point. I forgot about that. I guess I'll have to pick one up. Thanks.

Allan

Anybody else get their CC3 working?

Sure did - its FANTASTIC!

Awesome job Chad, you've done it yet again! :lust: :D

post-5887-1179532333_thumb.jpg post-5887-1179532340_thumb.jpg

I need to get the video mod too, though I've got to say that this Inty must have the cleanest RF I've ever seen. And I'd sure like some of those text manuals too. :)

I doubt it, the Intellivoice hardware has things like a internal speaker and volume control, the voices aren't channeled through your tv speakers.

It's got a volume control knob, but no internal speaker. Sound is mixed through the RF out on the Inty.

post-5887-1179532333_thumb.jpg

So what cart did you gut to do that? I am looking at Frog Bog, Space Battle, Triple Action or Space Hawk.

I probably not use Frog Bog since I like to play it so much and it has the cartridge cover with no screws.

I do not remember playing Space Hawk and it has the philips head screws.

Triple Action has the same screws.

Space Battle has the triangle head screws.

I am leaning toward Triple Action right now.

OR I could just stick it into a Intellivoice module and leave it there. It would be easier to access.

Has anyone done any manuals yet. There are a ton on the Intellivision Lives CD but you need to format them. The CC3 manual says each line needs to end with a 'line feed'. Obviously this isn't a 'return' character. Anybody know what a 'line feed' character is suppose to look like?

Allan

I just remembered why I stopped playing it. The tips of my fingers hurt. I am using a Intv 2. The plastic buttons are too hard on the thumbs and index finger.

Yup. I have a I,II and III. The II is crap, especially the controllers! :P The III (while still not exactly being controller bliss) is sooo much easier on the hands.

So what cart did you gut to do that?

That was a Utopia, which was he cleanest screw shell dupe I have.

I'm glad to say that the CC3 continues the proud lineage of the Cuttle Cart line, providing a top notch product which immensely improves the ease of use and enjoyment of the system. Simply outstanding, and a must have for any enthusiast! :D

That was a Utopia, which was he cleanest screw shell dupe I have.

I'm glad to say that the CC3 continues the proud lineage of the Cuttle Cart line, providing a top notch product which immensely improves the ease of use and enjoyment of the system. Simply outstanding, and a must have for any enthusiast! :D

My CC3 currently resides in the Voice module because the only dup. I have is Burgertime and they are ones without screws.

I was too late for the Intellicart and CC1, but I have a CC2. No big loss since the CC2 and CC3 cover what I needed the other 2 to do. The CC3 is so much easier to set up because of the program. I do no miss that the CC2 included the case, serial cable, or CD. Especially if it saves me $50. The CC3 is another great product from Chad.

For the lazy, I would find cool is if the guys making the Intellivision Lives and Rocks CD make a microSD prefilled will all their games.

I do no know if this was asked before, but will the CC2 serial cable work with the CC3?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the positive feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I'm glad to hear that people are finding this one easy to setup.

To answer a couple questions, yes the CC2 serial cable will work on the CC3.

As for the manuals, at 20 characters per screen line, I personally figure the best thing for manuals would be if people typed in ASCII overlay lists, like 1) Auto Fire, 2) Teleport, whatever. Would fit easily on the screen and provide readily useful information. The rest of the manual could then follow this overlay text. Anyway, a line feed is the character that tells a terminal to advance one line. One DOS/Windows when you press enter in a file the standard is to append a CR/LF (carriage return, line feed) into the file. One Unix and it's cousins the standard is to just append a LF without the CR. The CC3 should ignore CR characters, so you can edit the files on either Windows or Unix. And yes, it just means press enter in your text editor to insert a hard newline.

The CC3 does not emulate an Intellvoice, and does not have the horsepower to do so. It is compatible with Intellivoice games but you have to have the Intellivoice.

If i missed any questions let me know.

Also, if you import your games from the BIN files stored on the Intellivision Productions CDs, the CC3 Editor software should automatically fix the Coleco games and a few other titles that had problems so that they work on the Intellivision 2.

Chad

Anyone else here using a Mac to load software for the Cuttle Cart 3?

I've tried running the software, but it keeps telling me it can't open the 'gamelist.txt' file. Darn thing is, it 'is' in the same directory as the program, so I'm stumped on this one. :?

I've tried running the software, but it keeps telling me it can't open the 'gamelist.txt' file. Darn thing is, it 'is' in the same directory as the program, so I'm stumped on this one. :?

I don't own a Mac so someone else built and tested the software for me, so I actually don't have much of an answer for you. There software has been downloaded a few times though, so perhaps someone out there has used it.

Have you tried perhaps a different directory?

Chad

I don't own a Mac so someone else built and tested the software for me, so I actually don't have much of an answer for you. There software has been downloaded a few times though, so perhaps someone out there has used it.

Have you tried perhaps a different directory?

Chad

Yes, tried different directory, and different machines too. I wonder what type of system this was tested on. I have to force it to run through the Terminal, as it will not launch by itself. Guess at this point I will have to dig out my old cheap PC I bought years ago, for times like this! :(

Is there a way to contact this person who wrote the Mac version of the software?

I wrote the software. It's built using the Qt4.2 libraries which are supposed to be Mac compatible. I just had someone else build Qt and then build the app. It's possible that the static linking of the Qt code isn't working correctly and it only worked on their machine because they had installed Qt.

You can try installing Qt 4.2.x from www.trolltech.com and see if that gets things running. Or once you've installed Qt you can then build the app from the source code available on my site.

Is there anyone else out there with a Mac willing to download and give the CC3 GUI a try? You don't need a CC3 to test it, just download the Mac software from http://www.schells.com/cc3.shtml and see if it runs for you or not.

If it doesn't work for anyone else I'll have to contact the person who built the Mac software or enlist someone else to try to build some static linked versions.

Is there anyone else out there with a Mac willing to download and give the CC3 GUI a try? You don't need a CC3 to test it, just download the Mac software from http://www.schells.com/cc3.shtml and see if it runs for you or not.

I might give it a go. I have a B&W G3 with OS9. I just have not used the 8in1 reader on a Mac yet

I downloaded it just to see if it would run (as I'm running OS 10.3.9 and it says it requires 10.4) and surprisingly, it did. I got the same error (couldn't load gamelist.txt). Also, the window defaults to larger than my monitor! So I can't resize it unless I up my resolution. I have it set to 1024x768.

EDIT: Disregard the window size thing. Didn't try the window zoom button in the menu bar. That fixed it. Yeah, I'm still running on only one cup of coffee this morning :)

Edited by Emehr

I downloaded it just to see if it would run (as I'm running OS 10.3.9 and it says it requires 10.4) and surprisingly, it did. I got the same error (couldn't load gamelist.txt). Also, the window defaults to larger than my monitor! So I can't resize it unless I up my resolution. I have it set to 1024x768.

EDIT: Disregard the window size thing. Didn't try the window zoom button in the menu bar. That fixed it. Yeah, I'm still running on only one cup of coffee this morning :)

Hey Emehr,

So it does work with 3.9? Great! Is this a command line program for the Mac? It's not an icon that you can click on so I wasn't sure how to run it.

Allan