IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 3 an Intellivision Must Have

GrizzLee

If you have a CC3, you know the time it takes to load the ROMs and set it up. To make your life easier, I have prepared a package so all you need to do is insert a microSD card. It gets NO easier than this!!

Please visit:

http://www.beeslife.com/intvgames/cc3/cc3.php

for more information.

P.S. If you do NOT have a CC3, this is the reason to buy one!

I received an e-mail from you regarding your CC3 package. Where did you get my e-mail address from?

tjb

I received an e-mail from you regarding your CC3 package. Where did you get my e-mail address from?

tjb

He certainly did not receive it from me. I do not give out customer information to anyone (I don't know if you're a customer or not), I do not send or support the sending of unsolicited emails, and I do not support the distribution of the ROMs owned by Intellivision Productions by anyone other than Intellivision Productions themselves.

This person is not affiliated with Schell's Electronics.

Chad

(Who actually received an email as well.)

If you have a CC3, you know the time it takes to load the ROMs and set it up. To make your life easier, I have prepared a package so all you need to do is insert a microSD card. It gets NO easier than this!!

Please visit:

http://www.beeslife.com/intvgames/cc3/cc3.php

for more information.

P.S. If you do NOT have a CC3, this is the reason to buy one!

Anyone else think $50 is appalling? I liked that you were getting together some game manuals, but I assumed they would be free... Reading back through the CC2 post, you can see that there were some people working on manuals and someone uploaded their own CC2 package for the cost of $0. IMO, selling something like this is retarded, someone could potentially buy your package and upload it for free for everyone's use, and there's little that you could do about it considering it's just some ROMs and text files. Am I wrong?

Has anyone spent some time getting their CC3 setup? Maybe this community can get a different rom/manual collection together for free distribution.

tjb

He certainly did not receive it from me. I do not give out customer information to anyone (I don't know if you're a customer or not), I do not send or support the sending of unsolicited emails, and I do not support the distribution of the ROMs owned by Intellivision Productions by anyone other than Intellivision Productions themselves.

Chad

I do happen to be a CC3 customer. I wonder if he did some sort of mass e-mailing or only to CC3 customers.

tjb

tjb

Chad

I do happen to be a CC3 customer. I wonder if he did some sort of mass e-mailing or only to CC3 customers.

tjb

Nope. I have one and never got an email.

Allan

FWIW...

It doesn't seem appalling to me.

The guy provides the SD card, he has gone through and collected all of the ROMs for you and loaded them, and all the manuals...

And now the lazy-asses don't have a reason to complain, and the DIY snobs don't have a reason to complain about the lazy-asses (just send 'em this link).

I suppose it might be ILLEGAL, what he is doing, technically speaking. Seems more like a reasonable service fee to me, though, for the card, shipping, and time and effort it requires to gather all of these things, put them into the right format, copy them over, and make sure everything is working OK. Some people want the ease of use of an item like the Cuttle Carts, but are either too lazy or not bright enough to figure 'em out. For $50 additional, this might be worth while to some of these users.

One of my complaints about the CC2 community was that there should have been more of a COMMUNITY effort to support the thing, rather than people either hording their ROM collections and lording them over other CC2 owners heads ("Well, of course *I* have every ROM ever released for the 2600 and 7800 on my CC2, but it would be irresponsible of *me* to give *you* those files, being that some of them are not freely distributable... I may be breaking the law, but it would be wrong for me to help *you* to do the same..." ) or being far less helpful than they could be, ("Dude, I got that game working... but I'm not going to tell you HOW... figure it out yourself, lamer... the bankswitching profiles are OBVIOUS, unless you're a total loser who doesn't deserve a CC2 in the first place!")

Not that everyone in the CC2 community is like this... there were a lot of real helpful people, too. But there wasn't a resource, a community, websites, FAQs, user supported sites that were well organized and REALLY helped explain the product. There were attempts, and you could certain spend some time searching and find sites where people had done the work for you... but, that in itself was a bit of work.

So this guy did it by himself, where the entire retro community couldn't come together and really get on the same page with the CC2. If this guy has the cajones to ask $50 for it, it is only because he has seen the proof that the Retro community can't unite and organize long enough to do something like this themselves.

I'm not affiliated with the guy at all. I just think that the reason his page exists is because there is a strong element of "lame-ass" in the retro community, about things like this.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I picked out a cart shell and installed my Cuttle Cart. Suddenly, there was this bright flash of light, and POOF! Look at what magically happend!

CCW.jpg

;)

That looks awesome! I may paint mine when I get it too.

Edited by revolutionika

I picked out a cart shell and installed my Cuttle Cart. Suddenly, there was this bright flash of light, and POOF! Look at what magically happend!

;)

Me three

Did you order one too? I might do a test cart to see how badly the paint wears off after going in the console a few times.

Are you going to load your own ROMS?

Edited by revolutionika

;)

Me three

Did you order one too? I might do a test cart to see how badly the paint wears off after going in the console a few times.

They come pre loaded so i might not mess with it. Dunno yet. Paint with krylon fusion plastic and after you finish painting do not touch for a week. Do not apply sticker until you have thoroughly verified it wont chip.

;)

Me three

They come pre loaded so i might not mess with it. Dunno yet. Paint with krylon fusion plastic and after you finish painting do not touch for a week. Do not apply sticker until you have thoroughly verified it wont chip.

Since when do they come pre-loaded with all the game roms?

I aquired a rom from someone with a bunch of roms.

What games did you hear were on it?

;)

Me three

going here they have an sd package preloaded http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/cc3/cc3.php

One of my complaints about the CC2 community was that there should have been more of a COMMUNITY effort to support the thing, rather than people either hording their ROM collections and lording them over other CC2 owners heads ("Well, of course *I* have every ROM ever released for the 2600 and 7800 on my CC2, but it would be irresponsible of *me* to give *you* those files, being that some of them are not freely distributable... I may be breaking the law, but it would be wrong for me to help *you* to do the same..." ) or being far less helpful than they could be, ("Dude, I got that game working... but I'm not going to tell you HOW... figure it out yourself, lamer... the bankswitching profiles are OBVIOUS, unless you're a total loser who doesn't deserve a CC2 in the first place!")

I realize this is an ancient post, but I remember getting the same treatment when I stuck my head out into 5200 emulation. Can;t get any straight answers on what emulator is decent, and a lot of really smug attitudes.

"What do you MEAN you don't want to use a commandline interface? You must be stupid or incredibly lazy." to which I replied, "GUIs have been the standard for almost TWENTY YEARS NOW. It's not an unreasonable expectation to not want to type something and a bunch of switches that require you to know what memory pattern every rom uses every time you want to play a game."

I never went back to the thread. And I haven't tried to emulate a 5200 since; as well as lost all interest in actually owning one.

• Like 1

townparkradio - you'll find that I'm hardly active in the retro community, including here on AtariAge, at all anymore. It isn't because I'm not messing around with or interested in retro-gaming itself, anymore. There are a lot of GREAT people in this community - but there are a lot of people who are *not* great, too - and unfortunately, far too many of those folks are pretty influential people in retro-gaming circles. That is too bad your experience has turned you off of retrogaming on one of the best classic platforms out there.

;)

Me three

going here they have an sd package preloaded http://www.intellivi...mes/cc3/cc3.php

That is the one I got. But you do know, that offer is only for the D card pre-loaded with the roms. NOT the actual CC3 cart?

I think he offers a great service to people like me who have not a clue how to load roms.

I got most of the games in my CC3 through the Intellivision Lives! and Intellivision Rocks! collections. I gathered the ones that were not included in those collections (Parker Brothers and Coleco titles, most of which I own on cartridge) from elsewhere.

The only titles I haven't seen in general circulation (besides homebrews, which I won't download without compensating the authors) are some of the unreleased titles. I'd love to get a copy of Illusions and the Party Line games, for example, but I don't recall seeing them anywhere.

;)

Me three

going here they have an sd package preloaded http://www.intellivi...mes/cc3/cc3.php

That is the one I got. But you do know, that offer is only for the D card pre-loaded with the roms. NOT the actual CC3 cart?

I think he offers a great service to people like me who have not a clue how to load roms.

Yes i am aware that it links you to schells to get the actual cc3. The reason i wanted the preloaded is because it has all the manuals and stuff already setup. That is the part that i think is harder to get and get right more than the roms. From what i read it is a beeotch to setup the manuals properly because the cc3 cuts off the fonts on each side of the screen so you have to put spaces in properly to fix that. I will gladly pay to not have to do that. If i find the manuals fixed elsewhere i wont pay for this. Also i think it has homebrews i cant find. Edited by pimpmaul69

I got most of the games in my CC3 through the Intellivision Lives! and Intellivision Rocks! collections. I gathered the ones that were not included in those collections (Parker Brothers and Coleco titles, most of which I own on cartridge) from elsewhere.

The only titles I haven't seen in general circulation (besides homebrews, which I won't download without compensating the authors) are some of the unreleased titles. I'd love to get a copy of Illusions and the Party Line games, for example, but I don't recall seeing them anywhere.

Hey, check out the roms sites I have listed at the bottom of this page. I think alot of the Roms are on those sites. Check out 'the old computer' site.

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/emulation

I've always seen everything on "The Pirate Bay." Then there's the "ROMS" sites on the bottom of the page that revolutionika linked to.

Then you could always try this, too.....

http://www.filestube...roms&select=All

edit: Anything with [FULL DOWNLOAD] in the name (top 3 and bottom one) is a scam. The ones in the middle work. Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc.

Edited by wood_jl

I've always seen everything on "The Pirate Bay." Then there's the "ROMS" sites on the bottom of the page that revolutionika linked to.

edit: Anything with [FULL DOWNLOAD] in the name (top 3 and bottom one) is a scam. The ones in the middle work. Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc.

There is about 10 rom sites in the link i put...where were you looking?

here is one I listed: http://www.funmass.com/roms-downloads/7-1/Intellivision/

These arent roms?

here is one I listed: http://www.funmass.c.../Intellivision/

These arent roms?

Yes! I was just producing more alternatives for someone who said they were looking for ROMs. Entire library in one single click and download.

here is one I listed: http://www.funmass.c.../Intellivision/

These arent roms?

Yes! I was just producing more alternatives for someone who said they were looking for ROMs. Entire library in one single click and download.

Oh, ok. :)