Save planet Gradius from the evil Bacterion Empire!
The planet Gradius, a peaceful Earth-like world, is now under an all-out space attack from its old enemies, beings from the subspace star cluster of Bacterion. The people of Gradius are in danger of being completely destroyed by the amoeboid Bacterions.
To save them, you have just launched the prototype hyperspace fighter Vic Viper. The entire galaxy awaits your duel to the death with the evil Bacterions.
Your objective is the Bacterion superfortress, Xaerous. To reach this, you must steam the enemy power capsules along your route and boost the Vic Viper's hyper-powers.
- Collect power capsules and upgrade your ship with missiles, lasers, auxiliary pods, shields and more!
- Includes all arcade levels and enemies
- Adds one regular stage and four hidden bonus stages not found in the arcade version (for a total of 12 stages)
- Destroy all the Big Core warship bosses
- Options screen allows you to change game settings
- Includes all the classic arcade tunes plus more!
Super Game Module Required
Gradius requires a Super Game Module. The Super Game Module plugs into your ColecoVision's expansion port, bringing dramatically enhanced sound quality and over thirty times the memory of an unexpanded system. The Super Game Module shifts the ColecoVision into overdrive, bringing the greatest arcade hits of the 1980s home without a trace of compromise. You can learn more about the Super Game Module and add your name to the waiting list by visiting Opcode Games.
Gradius includes the game cartridge, manual, and beautiful, professionally printed box. A Super Game Module is required in order to enjoy Gradius (please see above).
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Super Game Module||Required|
|Cartridge Size||1 Mbit|