While the Atari 7800 had many arcade ports, one notable omission from Atari’s lineup was Frogger. AtariAge user Schmutzpuppe sought to remedy that problem, and released his first playable demo of Frogger for the 7800 back in 2005! Since then, the game has evolved into a full-fledged Frogger port! Your goal in Froggie is to get your frog across all the lanes of traffic, and then safely to the opposite side of a dangerous river! You need to guide your frog to an unoccupied berth at the top of the screen. Once you’ve done this five times, you’ll start on a new level, where greater challenges await!
Along the way, you’ll encounter various elements:
- Cars and Trucks: Cross the road through heavy traffic to reach the sidewalk without getting hit!
- Sidewalk: The sidewalk is safe as long as you don’t get caught by a snake!Turtles and Logs: Your frog must jump on turtles or logs to cross the river. Don’t fall off or you will die!
- Snakes: Snakes will appear on the sidewalk and logs. You can hop on a snake’s back, but not his mouth!
- Alligators: Alligators swim along the logs from time to time. You can jump on an alligator’s back, but you will die if you jump on his open mouth!
- Lady Frog: Occasionally you’ll see a lady frog hopping along a log. If you hop your frog onto the log to rescue her and take her home, you’ll score bonus points.
- Fly: If you hop your frog into a home bay while a fly is showing, your frog gets a free meal and you’ll receive bonus points!
- Home Bay: If you jump into an empty home bay, your frog is safe and sound. But don’t jump into an occupied bay or else you will lose your frog!
- Standard and Novice Difficulty Levels
- Built-in XM Support for POKEY Audio
- Music can be toggled On/Off
- Adjust screen vertically
- Supports High Score Cartridge
- NTSC and PAL support
- Pause Support
Froggie includes game cartridge, and full-color, 8-page manual.
Get a Froggie Box!
If you'd like a boxed copy of Froggie, please select "Box Upgrade: Yes" at the top of the page before adding Froggie to your cart. Our boxes are professionally printed and include a box insert to hold your Froggie cartridge in place. We want you to play our games, so we have not sealed or shrinkwrapped the boxes in any way, allowing you easy access to the game cartridge and manual.
These boxes are the same size as boxes Atari produced for their games "back in the day". They look great sitting on a shelf with your other boxed homebrew games, or alongside games from the classic Atari 2600 library. We only have a limited number of boxes for each game, and there is no guarantee they will become available again once our supplies are exhausted. Click on the images to the right to see larger photos of the box.
|Number of Players||1|
|Code and Design||Matthias Luedtke|
|Label Art||Melvin Luedtke|
|Manual Design||G. Tony Morse|