UniWar S is a port of the lesser-known arcade game of the same name to the Atari 7800, courtesy of Bob DeCrescenzo (PacManPlus). Bob DeCrescenzo has faithfullky reproduced many classic arcade games on the Atari 7800, and UniWar S is no exception! If you were lucky enough to have played UniWar S in arcades, it'll feel right at home on the 7800!
You can choose to play UniWar S with one or two players at three levels of difficulty, Easy, Normal, or Hard. You can also change how many lives you start the game with.
The Galaxy Empire strikes back! You have been chosen to fly a spaceship and engage in a series of dangerous missions to rid the galaxy from six different types of deadly aliens, appearing in four different waves.
- The first wave is a formation of Super Mosquitos that try to either shoot your ship or collide with your ship to destroy it. After this space wave is completed, you will be warped to ground defense and be presented with wave two.
- The second wave is Hovering Attackers, and they will fly back and forth before dive bombing the player and zipping off, only to re-appear and repeat their attack until either you or they are dead.
- In the third wave, the player will be presented with Demon Flies. They alternately group together and disband, shooting at the player when they get close enough.
- Finally, the fourth wave are the advanced Rolling Fire aliens. Only a direct hit through the open gap at the bottom can destroy these enemies.
Also, starting on the second/third/fourth wave of each level, the alien ships may release Spy Aliens upon being destroyed. If the player allows these humanoid-like aliens to fall under the ground level, caution must be paid in moving your spaceship, as these Spy Aliens underground can demolish your ship by firing their electronic spear up at you.
The last of the alien enemies is the Killer King, which will randomly appear in the same waves as the Spy Aliens. They are only here to oversee the battle at hand, and are extremely difficult to destroy due to their erratic movement.
- One or Two Players
- Three Difficulty Levels: Easy, Normal, Hard
- Start with Three or Five Lives
Included with UniWar S is the game cartridge, full color 4-page manual, and professionally printed box.
|Number of Players||1 - 2|
|Controller||7800 Proline Controllers|
|Programming and Manual Text||Bob DeCrescenzo|
|Packaging Design and Artwork||Nathan Strum|