This issue of Video Game Collector includes 1 of 10 different collectible Dragon's Lair cell art cards! Video Game Collector #1/2 is also included at no extra charge. We only have a small number of these left and they won't last long!
Video Game Collector magazine caters to classic and modern gaming enthusiasts, including a complete price guide and checklist for every major video game system from the Atari 2600 up through the Xbox. Inside you'll also find original editorial content written by respected members of the gaming community, interviews, giveaways, reviews of classic video games, and the video game industry's largest and most up to date checklist and price guide!
The 5th Issue (Spring 2006) features a wealth of content, including:
- Dragon's Lair Interview -- Video Game Collector's exclusive interview with Don Bluth, Gary Goldman, and Rick Dyer, creators of the classic arcade games Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Dragon's Lair II, plus an exclusive bonus interview with David Foster, founder of ReadySoft and Digital Leisure Dragon's Lair II: The Lost Scene-- Another Video Game Collector exclusive. Our interview with Don Bluth and company turned up a scene from Dragon's Lair II that was written, storyboarded and scored, but never animated. In this issue, we present for the first time ever, Don Bluth's never before scene hand drawn storyboards of the lost "Pirate King" musical scene!
- News and Notes -- Covering new and upcoming video game releases with classic gaming roots
- Collector's Spotlight -- In which we Spotlight a video game collector's video game collection
- System Showdown--Our newest feature in which we pit two systems against each other! This issue--Odyssey 2 vs. Xbox 360! Old School--A new installment of video game design by Steve Woita, a video game designer (who worked at Atari during the Golden Age) whose credits include Quadrun, Taz, Sonic 2, Kid Chameleon, and more!
- Twin Galaxies Scoreboard -- Listing the world records and high scores from Twin Galaxies the official video game scoreboard
- Proto Patrol -- An interview with Paul Brown, creator of the hilarious and infamous Bio Force Ape (fake) NES prototype
- Made in Japan -- Covering classic games that never made it to the United States. This installment--Japanese music games!
- Nintendo e-Reader Special Report
- Confessions of the Game Doctor -- Excerpt from the new book by legendary video game journalist Bill Kunkel aka The Game Doctor Working Designs Timeline -- An in depths look at the publisher of some of the most sought after video games including Arc the Lad Collection, Lunar, Albert Odyssey, Popful Mail and Magic Knight Rayearth among others
- Intellivision Timeline -- An in-depth look at the history of Intellivision
- Photo Checklist -- Brand new section with full color, hi-rez photos of every boxed Intellivision game
Video game reviews:
- It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (ColecoVision)
- Electroplankton (Nintendo DS)
- Rhapsody (PS1)
- Guitar Hero (PS2)
- Trapt (PS2)
- Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA)
- Market Watch -- Reviews collectible video game controllers as well as price updates for Rez, Gitaroo Man, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and many others Retro Retail Report -- Covers the worls of retro game retail
- Homebrew Alert -- Featuring the first-ever Genesis homebrew, the fantastic RPG Beggar Prince
Plus you'll find inside the Video Game Collector Price Guide! The video game industry's biggest and most accurate price guide, this issue features a complete checklist and price guide for every video game system from Atari to Xbox 360--over 10ꯠ prices! Plus, the price guide has been updated with the latest prices and newest releases as well as over 100 full-color photos, including pictures of every system! A complete checklist and price guide of every game on every system, plus articles, reviews, features, interviews and other goodies all for about what you'd pay to rent one game!