So I had a hard time working on this game for a few hours last night. I got up at midnight and went to work. Today's thing was adding a level intro screen and little tune to accompany it. Most of the time was spent figuring out why the game wouldn't start if I set the beginning screen to screen #1. I must have copied and pasted the screen 3 beginning code (which worked) and replaced the threes with ones a few times. And then there was the part before that where the little tune I made wouldn't work.
But something I did after a few hours made everything work okay. I'm guessing the computer got tired of angering me and just quit doing that because it got bored. And this is the result:
Kind of a boring screen, I know, but I can change it at any time because that part is easy to do. It's just a matter of telling the program what screen I listed as an .incbin to use.
level1intro: .incbin franklevel1intro.binAnd if I wanted to change it, I would just design a screen, change the .bmp to a .bin with a special program included with the emulator and then insert it in there again and remove the old screen. The hard part would be designing and drawing a better looking screen. The game uses .bin files to display screens. I know it's a full game when a .bin is an Atari 2600 game, but I don't know why Pokemon Mini uses .bin format for screen drawing.
So to all my blog readers, merry Christmas and happy new year.
- DoctorSpuds likes this